OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 09:19:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marriage after annulment/COC  (Read 279 times) Average Rating: 0
RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« on: August 11, 2013, 12:31:26 AM »

I would have asked abouna this but since I'm in the middle of a cross-country move plus all the hassles and lack of time that come with, here is hoping you guys can offer some insight.

Someone please fill me in on how remarriage works in the COC.

I was married before in an Islamic ceremony plus in a civil ceremony (civil part was annulled thanks to state law), I have not been baptized but I expect and hope this will happen in the future. I seem to get mixed answers about this; When getting married again, will it be considered like a first marriage with the crowning, or would it be without? I've heard since I got an annulment getting married as long as I'm baptized before is no issue...unless I'm misinformed about that. Anyone out there have any idea?

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »

I take it that you are neither married (now) nor baptized.  So any marriage after your baptism would be your first.  Crowning and all.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:08:46 AM »

I take it that you are neither married (now) nor baptized.  So any marriage after your baptism would be your first.  Crowning and all.

That would be correct. Thank-you Grin

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
Tags: marriage 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: