OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 10:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Word of Faith Teachers: Origins & Errors of Their Teaching (Full Film)  (Read 495 times) Average Rating: 0
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: August 08, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

I apologize if somebody already posted it, but have you guys seen this film? Pretty interesting information that I did not know about this "Christian" group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDuo6HCINcc

Published on Nov 8, 2012

Are you or someone you know a follower of the likes of Joel Osteen, Kenneth Hagin, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, or T. D. Jakes etc? This film takes a responsible look at the major doctrines which separate this movement from historic biblical Christianity. Its origins and errors are documented with evidence and fact. Feel free to upload this film to your channel and please pray for the repentance and salvation of the false teachers critiqued in this film as well as those who follow them.

Introduction
Section 1.) Are we little gods? 6:39
Section 2.) Preaching a Different Jesus 1:06:10
Section 3.) Declaring Health, Wealth, and Happines 1:58:24
Section 4.) Questionable Origins of the Movement 2:45:00
Conclusion

Category

Education
    License

Standard YouTube License

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »

Some of my family are involved with the word of faith movement.  My uncle, in fact, married a word of faith female preacher.  They bought my momma a Kenneth Copeland Bible.  I have talked to her a little about the danger of this cult, but who wouldn't find it difficult rejecting your own brothers' "Christianity"?  I have thought about giving here an OSB or some sort of light introductory book.  But for now I just pray.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »

Maybe watching this movie will help a little.

One thing that shocked me is that they say Jesus was a simple man while here on Earth, He became a devil belonging to Satan the moment He died, and He finally ended up being "a" God after His Resurrection!

Not even in my "questioning years" have I ever thought such non-sense.

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »

Heresy begets heresy.  I've been in several church-organizations where the whole "prosperity gospel" and "name it and claim it" is preached as God's Word.  I have family members that are involved or follow said teachings.  Whenever I hear any of these self-centered and materialistic teachings, I am reminded of what's written in the Gospel of Matthew, ch 16:24 "Then Jesus told his disciples, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life?" 

I am guilty of believing this garbage in the past and, God forgive me, teaching it to children in Sunday School.  I believe now that many things can be our daily cross, but each one of us must pick ours up.  Christ did not say, "If you want to follow me, I will make sure you are healthy, wealthy, and wise." (Apologies to Benjamin Franklin)

Happy Lutheran
Servant of Christ
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Lutheran

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »

1 Corinthians 1:27 - But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »

Finally got around to watching the whole thing.  Pretty good information about this "movement," but it is from a reformed theological perspective.  So there are quite a few instances of the pot calling the kettle black whenever the narrator says that something is heretical.

Tags: Benny Hinn Joel Osteen Word of Faith Movement heresy Pentecostalism 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: