OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 15, 2014, 05:51:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breastfeeding  (Read 10436 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #675 on: August 16, 2013, 11:55:54 PM »

I could grab more illogical and ravingly pathological statements if you like? Or, you could read over all your previous replies AS WELL AS the posts by others. You make yourself appear like a frothing at the mouth crazy person with some of your statements like the one previously stated.

Maybe clarification on what you are asking for would be helpful. Because I have shown you the post where you made threats of assault as referenced by Michal (I hope I spelled that right?)
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #676 on: August 16, 2013, 11:57:30 PM »

Or did you mean that you would go out and buy them a breast-pump, bottles, and a nursing cover? No false witness. I could easily take a statement like that to the police and they would take it seriously enough to come and speak to you.

Nice dodge, and you could, but they wouldn't.  Reply to my request. 

Yeah, actually they would come talk to you over here where I live. You see HERE I could go topless to breastfeed if I so desired and it is legally protected. They take that sort of thing pretty seriously in the Patchouli soaked NW.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #677 on: August 17, 2013, 12:02:29 AM »

I already did. You said you would "make it a point to ensure it doesn't happen again." That sounds like a threat to me.
I don't think he can manage more than tit for tat.  Or maybe not even that.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2013, 12:11:42 AM »

Which one of these two posts shows near pathological issues? Roll Eyes

My issue with this whole discussion is the insistence that women must use a cover, go to an isolated place, or pump and give bottles. Do I think it is appropriate to pull out your entire breast in public to breast-feed? No. It is unnecessary to do that when you can just wear appropriate clothing to breast-feed in. You make yourself look like an idiot when you do that. I do know 1-2 women that do that. Instead of chastising them, I make a point of breast-feeding in front of them in an appropriate manner so they can see how to do it. This method has actually worked quite well. They see how I can quickly and discreetly latch/unlatch without showing skin and I don't have to say a word. Many, many women don't know how to do it because they have never seen anyone do it.

There is a severe backlash against the negative treatment of breast-feeding women. This is causing the issue to be spearheaded by feminists that purposefully show as much skin as possible when they breast-feed. If instead of attempting to isolate, and embarrass breast-feeding women we actually showed them by example how to breast-feed in public appropriately we would not have idiotic things like "nurse ins." This attitude that women must cover, pump, or go into isolation to nurse, forces the women like myself that appropriately breast-feed into choosing a side. And if I have to choose a side, it will always be to encourage breast-feeding over isolating all mothers, encouraging pumping/bottles or forcing them to use ineffective covers.

Let me put it this way, I have seen public nursing the world over and this far have not seen these women's breasts; however, if the day comes some feminist decides to flaunt her junk to the world for some stupid reason, I will make it a point to ensure it doesn't happen a second time.

But I get it, this is your chosen personal plight.  You could have chosen disease research, child abuse, abortion or anything else, but public nudity to feel like a strong woman was your choice.

Neither, now respond to my request.  What you are attempting to reply to is not what I asked about.  

So my post wasn't wrong, but you felt the need to argue with me when I posted it pages and pages ago? You went so far as to question my intelligence and ability to be a parent because I can't pump enough milk for an outing, I can't pump both breasts without lifting or removing my shirt, or without looking i.e using a cover....the list goes on and on. I would logically explain why requiring a woman to pump enough milk for every outing isn't the solution, you would tell me I was incompetent. I would explain that pumping both breasts without looking is difficult, you would question my intelligence. I would explain how difficult it is to keep a cover on a child that is pulling it, you would again insult my intelligence. I have been more than patient in my responses for pages to you. I can only be led to believe that no amount of logic will change your mind because there is a fundamental issue with you where you find the idea of a woman ever breastfeeding in anything short of a burqa is offensive. If that is where you are, then there is no room for discussion. You have been shown photos of women discreetly breastfeeding without a cover. But you insist that a woman has to use a cover. You have seen a photo of a woman *not* using a cover while speaking to a Pope and thought it was fine. But then a couple posts later you are frothing over women not using a cover. You just don't have any sort of train of cohesive logic in this thread whatsoever outside of the belief that you are absolutely RIGHT and everyone else is wrong, even when you contradict yourself.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:19:10 AM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #679 on: August 17, 2013, 12:24:47 AM »

Look Kerdy!!!! No cover!!!!

Here you go Kerdy, you can't get all hot and bothered over this one:

Did you know that men actually can breast-feed too?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation

In view of your statement that breast-feeding causes men to sin; I propose we make all men breast-feed! Thus there is no temptation whatsoever!
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #680 on: August 17, 2013, 12:31:09 AM »

So, you refuse.  I'm shocked.  It appears all others also refuse.  Good on all of you.  You bring forth false witness and pretend you didn't.  Terribly, terribly sad.

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #681 on: August 17, 2013, 12:33:39 AM »

How about you do what I ask, and clarify what you are asking for?

As I say to my children; "give it to me" doesn't tell me anything. Be specific.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:34:40 AM by Quinault » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #682 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »

How about you do what I ask, and clarify what you are asking for?

As I say to my children; "gve it to me" doesn't tell me anything. Be specific.
You can read can't you?

But that's ok.  Your refusal speaks volumes, as does everyone else's.  Don't worry about it.  Most people are like this, unfortunately.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #683 on: August 17, 2013, 12:38:01 AM »

Ok, so you don't really want your question answered. You just want to wallow in the knowledge that you are somehow superior. Got it.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #684 on: August 17, 2013, 12:39:37 AM »

You see, if someone asked me to clarify a question I asked so they could answer, I would clarify so I could actually get an answer. I guess your train of logic believes that your intellect is far too superior to actually stoop so low as to clarify the point you are attempting to make. It seems to me that asking you to make your question clearer is the very opposite of refusing to answer a question.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:42:12 AM by Quinault » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #685 on: August 17, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »

So, you refuse.  I'm shocked.  It appears all others also refuse.  Good on all of you.  You bring forth false witness and pretend you didn't.  Terribly, terribly sad.

Your participation in this thread is terribly, terribly sad.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #686 on: August 17, 2013, 02:21:02 AM »

Please don't feed the breasts.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #687 on: August 17, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »

Humorous how in the COC dress code for women thread people are suggesting modesty and concealing cleavage but here you find the opposite.  PC society is nauseating.

Here is the link in case you missed it.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,52042.msg941713/topicseen.html#msg941713

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #688 on: August 17, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »

For the record, since this thread began and at every opportunity which presented itself, I have asked women if they would expose their breasts to the world to feed and not one person has said yes.  Every one of them said they would do it out of sight or use a blanket.  Their statements were usually followed by a twisted look as if wondering if it were a serious question.  Additionally, no man said he would allow it either.  Keep in mind I have been doing a lot of traveling lately and meeting all sorts of folks from all over the place.

Asked another today.  She doesnt agree with you folks either.  I wonder just how many I will have to ask before I actually find one person who says they would present their breasts to the public without reservation.  Hundreds is my guess.

I have even asked total strangers just to ensure I am not getting a friendship influenced answer.  Still, not one person disagrees with me.  Interesting.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #689 on: August 17, 2013, 02:30:34 AM »

Ok, so you don't really want your question answered. You just want to wallow in the knowledge that you are somehow superior. Got it.

If I am superior in relation to you, it is in reading skills.  But I do not see myself as a superior person.  Nice try.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #690 on: August 17, 2013, 02:32:01 AM »

You see, if someone asked me to clarify a question I asked so they could answer, I would clarify so I could actually get an answer. I guess your train of logic believes that your intellect is far too superior to actually stoop so low as to clarify the point you are attempting to make. It seems to me that asking you to make your question clearer is the very opposite of refusing to answer a question.

Passing false witness again I see.  You cant seem to help yourself.  BTW - I did clarify.  Pay attention.  

But that's ok.  You keep trying to show what you failed to show when you thought you were answering my request.  Even going down that path you failed, yet again.  I just went through and read this thread again and between us, yours was the train wreck of logic.  All I saw were a bunch of excuses and false accusations.  Good on you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:34:35 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #691 on: August 17, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »

I'm still waiting for your clarification of your false witness against me, although I'm sure it will never come.

Proofs for what? That you have sick attitude to nursing women? You have been giving loads of it.
Nice dodge.

And just what fantasies are you baring false witness against me for?  I'm curious to know what my fantasies allegedly are.

Still waiting.  Your silence is telling.  In fact, several people have tossed this sort of accusation against me without anything of support for their false witness against me.  All of you should answer.

Michal...hellooooOOOoooo...
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #692 on: August 17, 2013, 04:49:16 AM »

OK, where is your clarified question? The COC quote wasn't a question. The comment about asking strangers wasn't a question. The triumphant declaration that you have better reading skills wasn't a question. The declaration that I am bearing false witness isn't a question. This is how it looks to me:

Kerdy: Answer my question
Me: What question?
Kerdy: Still refusing to answer my question.
Kerdy: I am brilliant, you are an idiot, answer my question.
Kerdy: You are proving how evil you are by not answering my question and bearing false witness.
Me: What question? Where is this question?
Kerdy: I am obviously superior, you are proving me right by refusing to answer my question.
Me: WHAT IS THE QUESTION?Huh
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:53:34 AM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #693 on: August 17, 2013, 04:55:29 AM »

Seriously, does anyone have any clue what the heck he is talking about? Where is this question? The last question I saw that he asked was where he threatened or fantisized about violence. I showed the quote that statement by Michal came from. What the heck is he talking about?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:55:53 AM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #694 on: August 17, 2013, 05:07:55 AM »

What would cause a child's safety to be at risk, someone with a smartphone documenting your wife's indiscreet nakedness or it's idiotic father starting a fight right next to the child and getting the crap beaten out of him for starting the fight and the child realizing its dad is a punk, being scarred the rest of its life with the possibly the immature fathers fight spills into the mothers lap getting the entire family injured?

And just what fantasies are you baring false witness against me for?  I'm curious to know what my fantasies allegedly are.

These are the last 2 questions you asked. I answered the second listed one by quoting you here:

Let me put it this way, I have seen public nursing the world over and this far have not seen these women's breasts; however, if the day comes some feminist decides to flaunt her junk to the world for some stupid reason, I will make it a point to ensure it doesn't happen a second time.

But I get it, this is your chosen personal plight.  You could have chosen disease research, child abuse, abortion or anything else, but public nudity to feel like a strong woman was your choice.

The first question was obviously rhetorical. You have yet to explain how exactly you would prevent a woman from every breastfeeding in a manner you consider indiscreet.

ZZ asked you that pages and pages ago.
I missed this:

How do you plan to ensure that, exactly? Are you gonna off her? Take away her birthday?  Anyway, I can't speak for other women, but if some guy came up to me while I was nursing in public and made some dumbass comments about "ensuring" that I never do it again, my husband would flip out.

So how exactly would you prevent a woman from ever breastfeeding in a manner you consider indiscreet again? You seem positive that whatever it is that you would do would prevent her from ever doing it again. Because this wasn't an answer:

How?  Effectively.  Your husband should flip out, hopefully to the point he would grow a spine and refuse to allow his wife to expose herself in public.  Unless, of course, you do what you said you do.  Then I wouldn't bother you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:20:17 AM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #695 on: August 17, 2013, 05:28:55 AM »

So when you refuse to answer a question it is because the other person is making excuses. And when you refuse to actually state what the question you are demanding be answered is, and the person doesn't read your mind to answer, they are purposely avoiding answering? Is that how this works?

Since we're on the subject of quotes, I'm still waiting for proof of this:

It makes no difference what the law makers said.  They also said an odd ball in California has the legal right to renovate a woman's home with her inside, against her wishes, nude.

I have asked twice, and been ignored both times. Third time's a charm?
It was on the news.  I'm sure you can find it.  Try Google.

I have. There's nothing. Zilch. Nada. Not a single news report, blog or forum post. Considering the enormity of such an event, one would expect it to be everywhere. But nope.

Given that nothing posted on the internet ever goes away, I'm inclined to believe that you just made it up to support your opinion. Didn't your mama teach you that fibbing is a sin?
Well, I suppose navigating the Internet is at least as difficult as holding a blanket.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble providing some evidence.
Why should I do your work for you?  Unless you can't.

Providing proof to back your claims is your work.

On the other hand, it's extremely hard to find what isn't there.
At least as difficult as covering your nudity in public, right?  Your inability to navigate the Internet isn't my problem.  Find it yourself. I'm in a foreign country on my cell phone and had no issues.  What's your excuse?

Your inability to back your claims can create problems with your credibility.

Alternatively, you can man up and admit to deception. Being flustered at my persistent incomprehension could even count as extenuating circumstances.
More excuses.  You're pretty good at this.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:29:19 AM by Quinault » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #696 on: August 17, 2013, 05:39:16 AM »

You still haven't answer my question or the one you thought I asked.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:43:02 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #697 on: August 17, 2013, 05:45:15 AM »

You still haven't answer my question or the one you thought I asked.

Wow, really? I answered, you just didn't like the answer. But for some reason you think that denying the fact that I answered means I didn't answer. You know, when I was a kid we used to pretend we were invisible by closing our eyes;

"I'm invisible! I can't see you, so you can't see me!"

I grew up and realized there is more involved in visibility than just my perspective. Good luck with you issues Kerdy. I hope you never have a daughter or daughter-in-law that desires to breastfeed very much. Because an attitude like yours would severely wound them, or possibly end up with you being kicked out of the life of your grandchildren.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #698 on: August 17, 2013, 05:50:19 AM »

You still haven't answer my question or the one you thought I asked.  Oh well.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #699 on: August 17, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »

Why don't you just restate the question in a brand new quote-free post, Kerdy? I think a lot of us are having trouble sorting out which question you're actually referring to.  Cool

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #700 on: August 17, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »

"I'm invisible! I can't see you, so you can't see me!"
I wonder-can the invisible woman breastfeed in public Kerdy?

I grew up and realized there is more involved in visibility than just my perspective. Good luck with you issues Kerdy. I hope you never have a daughter or daughter-in-law that desires to breastfeed very much. Because an attitude like yours would severely wound them, or possibly end up with you being kicked out of the life of your grandchildren.
I'm left wondering how he managed with his wife.

That said, I do know that there is a problem with some who interrupt the privacy of some woman off in the corner/other room nursing, oblivious to that fact.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
converted viking

« Reply #701 on: August 17, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »

Here in North Carolina breast feeding moms are protected by law.  Get in a moms face here in this state while she is feeding her kid and you might find that you will have the crap sued out of you Kerdy.  Go get a life.

Viking
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #702 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »

Here in North Carolina breast feeding moms are protected by law.  Get in a moms face here in this state while she is feeding her kid and you might find that you will have the crap sued out of you Kerdy.  Go get a life.

Viking

What? No public stoning for lewd and lascivious behavior? That's simply not Christian.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #703 on: August 17, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »

Viking
do they let the husband do the honors?

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #704 on: August 17, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »

Viking

Husbands are rarer today.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »

Viking

Husbands are rarer today.
yeah, the promotion of the idea that children don't need fathers (except for pockets to mine) has cut down on the rush to the altar.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »

or possibly end up with you being kicked out of the life of your grandchildren.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Not bad at all.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
#1Sinner
Moderated

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Rome

« Reply #707 on: August 17, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »

Well without having read all the back and forth in the previous 16 pages, allow me to throw in my two cents:

My wife has breastfed all 5 of my children. I also fully support a mother's right to feed their child in public. HOWEVER....I don't think it is an unreasonable request to practice just a bit of discretion when doing so. I once came upon a woman in a foyer of a church, seated on the floor with her breast fully exposed. No blanket, no nothing. She just happened to be in my path and it made for a somewhat uncomfortable situation. I don't see why that is necessary.

I hereby recant of defending "orthodoxy" and trying to persuade fellow Catholics of embracing schism. I adhere to the Catholic Faith as preserved by the Church of Rome and Her Pontiffs.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #708 on: August 17, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »

I once came upon a woman in a foyer of a church, seated on the floor with her breast fully exposed. No blanket, no nothing. She just happened to be in my path and it made for a somewhat uncomfortable situation. I don't see why that is necessary.

I don't see why that is unconfortable.

(seen one breastfeeding women today, one last weekend - in a church...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
#1Sinner
Moderated

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Rome

« Reply #709 on: August 17, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »

I once came upon a woman in a foyer of a church, seated on the floor with her breast fully exposed. No blanket, no nothing. She just happened to be in my path and it made for a somewhat uncomfortable situation. I don't see why that is necessary.

Seeing another woman's fully exposed breasts is something I try to avoid. I'm talking fully exposed since the baby was not attached. When trying to practice custody of the eyes it doesn't help to be presented with bare-chested women. Again....just a little discretion. That's not a lot to ask for. I would also think a woman might be somewhat uncomfortable showing a strange man her breasts as well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:54:59 PM by #1Sinner » Logged

I hereby recant of defending "orthodoxy" and trying to persuade fellow Catholics of embracing schism. I adhere to the Catholic Faith as preserved by the Church of Rome and Her Pontiffs.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #710 on: August 17, 2013, 05:02:30 PM »

Different cultural norms.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #711 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:37 PM »

Why don't you just restate the question in a brand new quote-free post, Kerdy? I think a lot of us are having trouble sorting out which question you're actually referring to.  Cool

No.

That isn't my concern.  Perhaps if people would read first and then post instead of skimming and posting on something that was not being discussed, this would not be a habitual problem. police
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:21:41 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #712 on: August 17, 2013, 11:14:16 PM »

Here in North Carolina breast feeding moms are protected by law.  Get in a moms face here in this state while she is feeding her kid and you might find that you will have the crap sued out of you Kerdy.  Go get a life.

Viking

Incorrect, but thanks for the valiant attempt to be included in the thread.  Additionally, thanks, like almost everyone else here, for completely missing the entire point.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:22:55 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #713 on: August 17, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

Well without having read all the back and forth in the previous 16 pages, allow me to throw in my two cents:

My wife has breastfed all 5 of my children. I also fully support a mother's right to feed their child in public. HOWEVER....I don't think it is an unreasonable request to practice just a bit of discretion when doing so. I once came upon a woman in a foyer of a church, seated on the floor with her breast fully exposed. No blanket, no nothing. She just happened to be in my path and it made for a somewhat uncomfortable situation. I don't see why that is necessary.

It isn't necessary. 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #714 on: August 17, 2013, 11:15:39 PM »

I'm sure YOU don't.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #715 on: August 17, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »

Seeing another woman's fully exposed breasts is something I try to avoid. I'm talking fully exposed since the baby was not attached. When trying to practice custody of the eyes it doesn't help to be presented with bare-chested women. Again....just a little discretion. That's not a lot to ask for.

It isn't, but you would think we were asking them to shut up and make breakfast barefoot.  

Besides, why are you looking at her bare breasts, you pervert. (Sarcasm)

Haven't you heard, there is no fully exposed nipple at any time during nursing.  (More sarcasm)

I would also think a woman might be somewhat uncomfortable showing a strange man her breasts as well.

Not in todays world.  There is no shame or decency any longer.  They don't care about anyone else, just themselves.  Not just in this matter, but in pretty much everything.  Its a societal sickness.  They want you to give into their wants and bend over backward, yet they give nothing and continue to demand more.  Then they pretend, we who ask for women to be ladies, have something wrong with us.  Its pathetic really.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:24:21 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #716 on: August 17, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »

or possibly end up with you being kicked out of the life of your grandchildren.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Not bad at all.

Until you clarify your false witness against me, you probably shouldn't post anything.  You can continue to attempt to ignore it, but I will allow it to go away until addressed.  Even if it is nothing more than, "I was wrong."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:25:39 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #717 on: August 17, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »

Seeing another woman's fully exposed breasts is something I try to avoid. I'm talking fully exposed since the baby was not attached. When trying to practice custody of the eyes it doesn't help to be presented with bare-chested women. Again....just a little discretion. That's not a lot to ask for.

It isn't, but you would think we were asking them to shut up and make breakfast barefoot.  

I would also think a woman might be somewhat uncomfortable showing a strange man her breasts as well.

Not in todays world.  There is no shame or decency any longer.  They don't care about anyone else, just themselves.  Not just in this matter, but in pretty much everything.  Its a societal sickness.  They want you to give into their wants and bend over backward, yet they give nothing and continue to demand more.  Then they pretend, we who ask for women to be ladies, have something wrong with us.  Its pathetic really.

Who are "they?"

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #718 on: August 17, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »

Who are "they?"

That depends on what you mean by "are".
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #719 on: August 17, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »

Why don't you just restate the question in a brand new quote-free post, Kerdy? I think a lot of us are having trouble sorting out which question you're actually referring to.  Cool

No.

That isn't my concern.  Perhaps if people would read first and then post instead of skimming and posting on something that was not being discussed, this would not be a habitual problem. police

Then stop saying no one's answering your question, if you're not willing to restate/repost it.  Roll Eyes

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Tags: breastfeeding 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: