OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 01:12:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a Priest supposed to come to your house and check everything out?  (Read 1773 times) Average Rating: 0
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »

And a bi-locating priest, at that!

This has got to be one of the funniest threads ever.  (Sorry, Tri Shocked)  I get to go home in 3 minutes and I'll be laughing all the way.

THANK YOU, WPM!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
hopeful-christian

Faith: Very new to Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »

I think the answer is "Yes, with permission, a priest is supposed to come and bless your house. No, he isn't supposed to rummage through your desk drawers or turn on your computer and check your recycle bin/Internet history."

Assuming I'm understanding the question right. Which I may not be.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »

When my mom started attending an Assembly of God church (mainly because the pastor spoke Chinese)  the pastor came over to our house and starting pointing out things that he considered idolatrous, including one of those wrought-iron stork and tortoise candle holders (an innocuous Chinese decoration, but he made us get rid of it). Fortunately some of my favorite paintings that would probably have given him a heart attack were conveniently in storage. Puritanism is gross.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: