OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 04:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope says, "Who am I to judge Gay people". / Pope Francis Acceptance of Gays  (Read 7971 times) Average Rating: 0
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »

People, more often than not, confuse eternal judgement (not ours to hand out) and the common idea of judgement (done every day by almost everyone).  That's why they carelessly say, "Don't judge me." when in fact we should.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »

FishEaters is more entertaining than CAF, imo. On CAF you'll get people defending conga drums and rumba dancing during the consecration, on FishEaters you'll get more of the outrage.

I'm not familiar with CAF, but I do like Fisheaters.

CAF has a "Traditional" subforum ... but I believe (though I could be mistaken) that it is pretty neo-conservative at heart. Some traditionalists don't mind participating on such a forum; those who can't live with that tend to participate on Fisheaters.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2013, 09:45:14 AM »

CAF has a "Traditional" subforum ... but I believe (though I could be mistaken) that it is pretty neo-conservative at heart.

Not unlike the way that the "Eastern Catholicism" forum sometimes seems pretty Latin at heart.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2013, 10:47:59 AM »

People, more often than not, confuse eternal judgement (not ours to hand out) and the common idea of judgement (done every day by almost everyone).  That's why they carelessly say, "Don't judge me." when in fact we should.

Amen!  A lot of people, even good intentioned Christians, are confused about this topic.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2013, 10:49:47 AM »

Never trust a person who is too proud to make a fool of themselves for a greater good.

Very true, yet I don't think these bishops are Fool-for-Christ.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
88Devin12
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »

Amen!  A lot of people, even good intentioned Christians, are confused about this topic.

Exactly, what people usually mean by "don't judge me!" means that they want you to ignore the blatant, destructive sins they are living in.

Obviously, pointing those things out in public about an individual isn't how we go about it, but pointing out that such things are wrong when the society is calling them good is something that we should be doing. If society says homosexuality is right, we need to stand out and say it is wrong. We aren't judging anyone's souls or salvation by doing so. Yet some other people accuse us of getting caught up in the "culture war" and that we should shut up and keep our religion in the private sphere. Clearly they don't know what Christianity has always done...
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: