OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 10:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Commentary Project  (Read 3065 times) Average Rating: 0
chrisiacovetti

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Uncertain

« on: July 27, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »

Hey all, so I finally started a little project I’ve been meaning to start for a long time, and I thought I’d fill you in just in case you were interested. Basically, I've created Google Docs with the full texts of each book of the OT and NT, (I haven't gotten to the deutero-canon yet), for the purpose of having an online storage bin of commentary and interpretation on them all. So, basically, each Bible book is in a document that anyone with a link can access and add to.

The idea behind this is simply that everyone who participates has some handy resources for Biblical interpretation whenever they may need them, and can always add to the Docs anything they find interesting. I've mostly added stuff by the Fathers to the NT and rabbinical stuff to the OT so far, but again, all is welcome.

Adding interpretations of verses from commentaries, patristic writings, sermons, novels, etc. is all great! It can’t hurt to have too many resources and opinions. Personally, I’m gonna be stashing as much commentary as I can on here as I get ready for (and while I’m in) college. But this could work just as easily for personal study. I just thought it could be fun.

If anyone is interested, here's the two folders (OT and NT) It should be easy to understand if you just skim a document like Genesis or Matthew:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9OY-4iOB9-cRmIxRjFEdFpoTW8&usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9OY-4iOB9-cZDl4Z1J1Z19fQTA&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:47:40 PM by chrisiacovetti » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: