OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 04:25:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merging Western Praxis with Proper Tradition  (Read 893 times) Average Rating: 0
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« on: January 30, 2005, 07:46:24 PM »

First of all thank you previosuly, for all your earlier responses as they really did help, but this leads me into my second question.

As a former Traditional Roman Catholic I do have a love for the Western Mass and practices (BTW, I'm not running away from the many problems of Rome), yet I do truly feel at home In the Byzantine Divine Liturgy and have been led there so far by the Holy Spirit. 
Thus, how have others combined there Roman Past with their Eastern beliefs while not giving into heresy.  This has been one of the biggest things that I've struggled with so far, and also plan to mention it to my Spiritual Director, as it has proven my greatest temptation.

Thank you and Blessed Sabbath,

Dan

BTW, I know the question may sound a little fluffy so if one needs me to explain or clerify just ask and I'll be happy to.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 08:05:16 PM »

I thought it'd also be proper to admit that I'm not really looking  at the western rite.  Rather, incorporating the two traditions.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 11:23:16 PM »

Wasn't a RC before "doxing," but if you haven't checked out westernorthodox.com yet, you ought to take a look.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: