OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 07:57:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wrote a prayer out to my Heavenly Father...Just want to post it.  (Read 832 times) Average Rating: 0
ziggy

« on: January 30, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

I am having some problems, re: my husbands health..my health, my depression, finances.  I need a miracle this week.  For that reason, I am posting this prayer, and would appreciate all of you praying for our family...This may seem formal, but, I really need the Heavenly Father right now.

Audrey Jeanne Lillegaard
Portland, Oregon

January 30, 2005

Dear Heavenly Father,

I have somehow managed to screw a few things up in my life, and right now, I really need some help.  I have tried to do things right in the past, and it just keeps on backfiring.  One of my biggest problems in my life has been that I cannot say no to anyone in my family, and to anyone I care about.  I am a big pleaser, and I have messed up my life and everyone elses life because of it.  I am so worried about a lot of things that have happened to me in the past, and I am wondering if there isn’t something wrong with me .
This began in big force when I started care giving.  I got burned out, and all of a sudden, I was doing too much, not handling things.  I am sorry that I was not a good caregiver..That I did not protect my mom, or others I have watched..    I am not sure whether I am rationalizing myself, but Heavenly Father, I think there is something wrong.  Please lead me to a place that I can help myself, and help my husband.  I cannot do this alone.  I am not sure I believe in my church anymore, because of some of the things I went through last summer.  I have my whole family mad at me, and I am not sure how to deal with that.  I could lose my husband if he found out about some of the things that I did last summer. Does this have anything to do with going into menopause?  Why do I get so depressed, and do such stupid thing..Please lead me to a place that I can get answers, and continue with a happy life.

Heavenly Father, we have needs to be met.  Please lead us to a spot where we can meet those needs.  I have to get stronger somehow, and I have to get to a place that I can make up for some of the things I have done.  I am told it is never too late to change your life.  Is it too late for me?  If it is too late, then I really do not have a purpose for my life.  Please forgive me, and send me a purpose for living.  Let me get over this pain in my heart.  Please help me to become a better person, and if I have to face something in my past, then give me strength to deal with it.

Please lead me to a place where I can get help for my disorderGǪI am sure I have a chemical disorder.  Give me peace, give me hope , and give me a reason to go on.  Please forgive me totally, so I can be like a newborn babe.  Please allow me to keep on helping my husband.  Give me strength to be his biggest advocate.

Heavenly Father, watch over my children.  Watch over my parents.  Take the bitterness away.  Give me another chance to make it up to themGǪPlease send me someone who can help me to deal with my mental disorder.

I love you, Heavenly Father, and I am hoping you still love me too.

I need help, and so does my husband.  Please soften the hearts of the insurance company so that we may be able to get this money, and set goals to keep on working and keep on taking care of each other.

Please bless my husbands family, and my David and Carrie.  Let them know how much I love them.

And most of all, please help me find a way to help my husbandGǪMake him happy.  Give him hope, and love. 
Help him to forgive and understand me.  Soften his heart, and help him to be the man he is meant to be.  Please send thy spirit to my home, that it might shine and shine and shine.  Forgive me, most of all.

Please answer these prayers as soon as you canGǪAnd, please send us a small miracle.  If not for me, for my husband.

Sincerely.

One of your lost children,

Audrey

NULL
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 08:38:48 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servants, who put their trust in You.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 03:52:25 PM »

O God, our heavenly Father who love mankind and are most merciful and compassionate, have mercy upon Your handmaiden Aubrey, for whom I humbly pray and commend to Your gracious help and protection.  Be, O God, her guide and guardian in all her endeavors, lead her in the path of Your truth, and draw her nearer to You, that she may live a godly and righteous life in Your love and fear, doing Your will in all things.  Give her grace that she may be temperate, industrious, diligent, devout and charitable.  Defend her against the assaults of the enemy and grant her wisdom and strength to resist all temptation and corruption of this life, and direct her in the way of salvation, through the merits of Your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, and the intercessions of His Holy Mother and Your blessed saints.

Amen.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: