OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 04:37:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feast of Saint Antony the Great  (Read 994 times) Average Rating: 0
Stavro
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« on: January 29, 2005, 06:59:15 PM »

Tomorrow is the feast of St.Antony the Great, Father of monasticism in all the World and who started this spiritual revolution in the deserts of Egypt. May his blessing be with us all and Glory to God forever and ever. Amen.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »

Amen! Smiley

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Fortunatus
Son of Antony

Faith: Orthodox

'If thou wilt be perfect...'

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 10:14:44 PM »

+Irini nem ehmot

*sigh* My heart always skips a beat at mention of his name... After two nights of vigil and praise, I can add a whole-hearted "Amen!" with Antonious (I envy you your name).

There are many documents pertaining to my beloved father over at http://coptichymns.net if any are interested in reading more about and by him. Smiley
Also, some of his quotes are up at http://copticstudents.com under the Saint of the Month heading.

Prayers...

Agape,
         Fortunatus
Amen, maranatha!
"A man's life or death cometh from his neighbour; if we benefit our brother we benefit ourselves, and if we offend him we sin against God." - The Great Abba Antony
Tags: St. Anthony St. Antony saints 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: