OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 09:55:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anybody from the DFW area who posts here?...  (Read 280 times) Average Rating: 0
WPM
Archon

« on: July 20, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »

Hello,

Is there anybody from the DFW (Dallas/Ft.Worth Metro area) that posts here? ... that is Orthodox or interested in Orthodox Christianity? ... Wondering, thanks
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »

I am aware of several who post on the OC.net but usually not in Convert issues as they have grown beyond the basic convert issues. As you a new convert or an inquiorer. The closest parishes that I am aware of in that area of Texas are the following:
38 miles toFort Worth (GOA, OCA, AOCA-WR),
72 miles toDallas (AOCA, GOA, and OCA),
and 86 miles to Mesquite (AOCA- WR).

I live in Texas some 115 miles from you. We in Texas often have to travel a distance to get to a Church if you do not live in a metropolis in Texas. I for example travel 55 miles one way to get to church on Sunday.

Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:51:29 PM by Thomas » Logged

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »

I PMd you the name of someone from the general DFW area.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
WPM
Archon

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »

Thanks

I did manage to go to Rosedale Street in Ft. Worth and met some people at a car wash.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:55:18 PM by WPM » Logged
WPM
Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »

I am aware of several who post on the OC.net but usually not in Convert issues as they have grown beyond the basic convert issues. As you a new convert or an inquiorer. The closest parishes that I am aware of in that area of Texas are the following:
38 miles toFort Worth (GOA, OCA, AOCA-WR),
72 miles toDallas (AOCA, GOA, and OCA),
and 86 miles to Mesquite (AOCA- WR).

I live in Texas some 115 miles from you. We in Texas often have to travel a distance to get to a Church if you do not live in a metropolis in Texas. I for example travel 55 miles one way to get to church on Sunday.

Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator

That kind of distance requires transportation.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: