OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 09:52:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a such thing as an ugly Russian woman?  (Read 2685 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:27 AM »

Hey, I did a Google image search the other day for fun. Searched for "ugly Russian woman". I only found clearly Photoshopted pictures as jokes. Are all Russian women at the very least pretty? I know Russian women are a big thing but I have never seen a Russian woman that could be called ugly. It is almost scary.  Cheesy

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
wainscottbl
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 01:23:55 AM »

I suppose there are actually but an ugly Russian woman only has two options. In the words of the Poet she must be told, "Get thee to a nunnery!" Or she must find a blind man. Poor ugly Russian women. Sorry, been reading serious stuff all day and needed to make a joke.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »

I already got one thread locked today with a pic, so I better not...  police
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 01:31:45 AM »

Hey, I did a Google image search the other day for fun. Searched for "ugly Russian woman". I only found clearly Photoshopted pictures as jokes. Are all Russian women at the very least pretty? I know Russian women are a big thing but I have never seen a Russian woman that could be called ugly. It is almost scary.  Cheesy

The Russia you know has come from books and online. Those of us who have lived among Russians know that there are, indeed, Russian women who aren't pleasant to the eye, just as there are less than comely women in every nationality or ethnicity. The phrase "Olga from the Traktor Faktory", and spoken with a heavy Slavic accent, was coined by Russians, and it doesn't take much imagination to imagine what this not-entirely-mythical Olga looks like.    Shocked Shocked laugh
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:40:10 AM by LBK » Logged
wainscottbl
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 01:34:15 AM »

Those ugly Russian women are not really Russians. They are Freemason alien babies from Krypton.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 02:06:05 AM »

Compared to western women, does this question even need to be asked?  Grin

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »

Seems to me I heard somene say there are none because they are all overqualified.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »

Hey, I did a Google image search the other day for fun. Searched for "ugly Russian woman". I only found clearly Photoshopted pictures as jokes. Are all Russian women at the very least pretty? I know Russian women are a big thing but I have never seen a Russian woman that could be called ugly. It is almost scary.  Cheesy

The Russia you know has come from books and online. Those of us who have lived among Russians know that there are, indeed, Russian women who aren't pleasant to the eye, just as there are less than comely women in every nationality or ethnicity. The phrase "Olga from the Traktor Faktory", and spoken with a heavy Slavic accent, was coined by Russians, and it doesn't take much imagination to imagine what this not-entirely-mythical Olga looks like.    Shocked Shocked laugh

I'm sure most Olgas are quite pretty.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 03:55:33 AM »

have you never seen a russian peasent

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 05:07:32 AM »

I'm not fascinated with Russian women but how they dress like. Most that I've are sort of bling bling version of femininess. A kind of antithesis for Finnish way of dressing since we tend to dress fairly badly and overly casually

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 05:23:52 AM »

Grin No, just as there are no corporals in the KGB/FSB
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:49 AM »

Grin No, just as there are no corporals in the KGB/FSB

... and some of them are women, who can, and do, make komissars and presidents alike quake in their boots.  laugh
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »

I already got one thread locked today with a pic, so I better not...  police
Yeah, and now I will never know the answer to my question.  Angry

Who knew that such a seemingly harmless question on exercise could so quickly cross the line?  Tongue

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »

I would post a picture of some ugly Russian women, but somehow I feel as if posting someones pic off google images as the personification of Russian ugliness would be rather damaging to that poor person's self esteem if she ever happened to run across it.

genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »

I would post a picture of some ugly Russian women, but somehow I feel as if posting someones pic off google images as the personification of Russian ugliness would be rather damaging to that poor person's self esteem if she ever happened to run across it.
Good call. If "beauty lies in the eye of the beholder", then so does ugliness.

That being said, anyone got pics of Russian WalMart shoppers  Grin?
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »

I read once that if you took 50 American girls and 50 Russian girls and stood them up in a line naked it would be hard to tell them apart.  (Assuming similar body shapes...I.E. the American girls were forced to cut down on the Ben & Jerry's.)  The major difference between the American girls and the Russian girls is one of class.  Russian women typically dress better and take better care of themselves than American women do.

Now, a lot of this is probably that it takes a bit more work and determination for Russians to come here, so their numbers are somewhat low.  They can't just swim the Rio Grande and be home free.  This leads to apex fallacy.  We probably aren't seeing the Gopniks and other gutter scum coming over here, and of those that do, they don't really seem to make it as far as Nebraska.  I was having a similar discussion with someone the other day.  They asked why so many Indians are doctors, and in general seem like good people.  The answer is simple, we aren't seeing all billion of them.  Only the educated, upper caste ones.  This is the same continent where some of the kindest, smartest, most beautiful people I have ever known have come from, and it is the place where a girl got raped to death with a piece or rebar.  So, I can say that almost a hundred percent of the Russian women I have known have been beautiful (and stunningly so), classy, and educated.  But I am sure there are some hideous ones who are dumber than a box of broken rocks.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »

I read once that if you took 50 American girls and 50 Russian girls and stood them up in a line naked it would be hard to tell them apart.  (Assuming similar body shapes...I.E. the American girls were forced to cut down on the Ben & Jerry's.)  The major difference between the American girls and the Russian girls is one of class.  Russian women typically dress better and take better care of themselves than American women do.

I suppose requesting pics so we can examine this phenomenon for ourselves would be out of the question.

I thought so.  Embarrassed

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:31:50 AM by Alpo » Logged

Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The San Franciscan Orthodox Church of New York, Big Apple and Fourth Rome

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 12:01:55 PM »

Phew, thought this was going to be another JamesR thread.

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »

You thought JamesR is an ugly Russian woman?

Well, I suppose its possible if I look at his photo from a certain angle...  Grin

Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The San Franciscan Orthodox Church of New York, Big Apple and Fourth Rome

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

You thought JamesR is an ugly Russian woman?

Well, I suppose its possible if I look at his photo from a certain angle...  Grin
Cheesy

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »

I guess we should take this opportunity to discuss the Babushka bomb.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »

Good call. If "beauty lies in the eye of the beholder", then so does ugliness.

That being said, anyone got pics of Russian WalMart shoppers  Grin?

I heard they only have Targets.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
wainscottbl
OC.net guru

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »

I think it is good Ed Snowden is at least seeking temporarily and perhaps permanent asylum in Russia. He is a nerd but decent looking, and unlike the nerd that made Facebook, Mark Zuckererg, not trying to sell our private info to the NSA but to show us the NSA is spying. Zuckerberg got a pretty hot Asian girl, and maybe she really loves him, but if he did not have all that money and fame she would not be with him. But maybe to give him some relieve from all the stress Snowden will find a hot Russian girl and marry her. Then he can get citizenship and everything without a problem. I think he should send President Obama and email after he gets married to the Russian chick with marriage pics saying:

Dear Mr. Obama,

There is no need for you to hack my computer to read this or see my wedding pics. Your wife is not bad looking but my wife is a lot better looking. Russian girls age a lot better, too. Just imagine you will have to get a mistress when Michelle gets old. I forgive you and could send you a nice Russian prostitute if Michelle gets too many wrinkles or gets fat. I mean I know she is pushing eating healthy, but my guess is she's going to get old and fat. You are already murdering people and breaking the oaths you made, so I doubt a little adultery is going to matter.

Yours,

Ed Snowden

PS...Putin says your suits don't fit you well. They are badly tailored.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:25:12 PM by wainscottbl » Logged

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »

Russian girls age a lot better, too.

Actually they don't. Google "babushka bomb." Also google "black don't crack" - black men and women don't wrinkle nearly as much and age a lot better in general.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:31 PM »

Beauty somewhat subjective.

That being said, I don't find Russian women--or most any European women--attractive at all, save the Spanish. I'd much rather marry a Latin American woman, simply because I'm more used to them. Yet, strangely enough, the only girlfriend I've ever had who I love is a German Filipina.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 12:04:16 AM »

Beauty somewhat subjective.

That being said, I don't find Russian women--or most any European women--attractive at all, save the Spanish. I'd much rather marry a Latin American woman, simply because I'm more used to them. Yet, strangely enough, the only girlfriend I've ever had who I love is a German Filipina.
I have certainly seen many beautiful Latin American women, but I don't know how anyone can say that this is not attractive.

BTW, do you have any idea how hard it is to find an attractive Russian girl on google images that is not in a bikini?  Not easy at all.  Don't they wear clothes over there?  It's like -40 degrees for pete's sake!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »

the only girlfriend I've ever had who I love is a German Filipina.

Um... she doesn't post on this board does she?  
Gamliel
Archon

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 12:07:51 AM »

I guess we should take this opportunity to discuss the Babushka bomb.
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »

I think it is good Ed Snowden is at least seeking temporarily and perhaps permanent asylum in Russia. He is a nerd but decent looking, and unlike the nerd that made Facebook, Mark Zuckererg, not trying to sell our private info to the NSA but to show us the NSA is spying. Zuckerberg got a pretty hot Asian girl, and maybe she really loves him, but if he did not have all that money and fame she would not be with him. But maybe to give him some relieve from all the stress Snowden will find a hot Russian girl and marry her. Then he can get citizenship and everything without a problem. I think he should send President Obama and email after he gets married to the Russian chick with marriage pics saying:

Hah.

Just what do you think will happen when all the cute Russian girls realise
A. Snowden can't get them into America (at least not without him going to jail)
B. He is a very low level mostly untrained computer tech, mostly related to stealing info
C. Has no money
D. Who hires someone everyone -knows- isn't capable of not divulging company info? His employment prospects are not grand. Unless he writes a book entitled 'my life in Russia' or something

He will be alone in his small apartment, trying to learn to speak Russian, until he goes to Venezuela

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:12:53 AM by DeniseDenise » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 06:28:46 AM »

Dear Mr. Obama,

There is no need for you to hack my computer to read this or see my wedding pics. Your wife is not bad looking but my wife is a lot better looking. Russian girls age a lot better, too. Just imagine you will have to get a mistress when Michelle gets old. I forgive you and could send you a nice Russian prostitute if Michelle gets too many wrinkles or gets fat. I mean I know she is pushing eating healthy, but my guess is she's going to get old and fat. You are already murdering people and breaking the oaths you made, so I doubt a little adultery is going to matter.

Yours,

Ed Snowden

PS...Putin says your suits don't fit you well. They are badly tailored.

Politics should go in the politics subforum. If you want access to it you should pm Fr. George. We really don't want politics anywhere outside of that subforum

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »

Hey, I did a Google image search the other day for fun. Searched for "ugly Russian woman". I only found clearly Photoshopted pictures as jokes. Are all Russian women at the very least pretty? I know Russian women are a big thing but I have never seen a Russian woman that could be called ugly. It is almost scary.  Cheesy

I'll quote my sub-deacon with this one,  "It must be something in the water." As he is referring to his trip to Russia and seeing all the beautiful women.

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:04 PM »

Dude, drop that LARPing. Seriously.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: