Author Topic: BISHOP MAXIM INSTALLS NEW ABBOT AT ST. HERMAN MONASTERY  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Putnik Namernik

• Elder
BISHOP MAXIM INSTALLS NEW ABBOT AT ST. HERMAN MONASTERY
« on: August 05, 2013, 01:30:07 AM »

Platina, CA - On Saturday, July 20 (n.s.), His Grace Bishop Maxim visited the St. Herman of Alaska Serbian Orthodox Monastery in Platina, California, served the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy, and installed Hieromonk Damascene (Christensen) as abbot of the monastery. Concelebrating clergy included Protopresbyter Dane Popovich of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary Serbian Orthodox Church in Sacramento, California; Priest Nektarios Rozadilla of St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Redding, California; Hieromonk Paisius (Bjerke) of the St. Herman Monastery; Priest George Elliott and Deacon Philip Mayer of St. Andrew’s Serbian Orthodox Church in Anderson, California; and Priest Daniel Mackay of St. John the Wonderworker Serbian Orthodox Church in Eugene, Oregon.

http://serborth.org/072520131.html

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
Re: BISHOP MAXIM INSTALLS NEW ABBOT AT ST. HERMAN MONASTERY
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:28:49 AM »
What's that staff? I think I've never seen it in here. Or is it a cheaper version of the regular episcopal staff?

Offline peteprint

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
That must be the new abbot.  His Grace Bishop Maxim is my bishop and he isn't in the photo.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/His-Grace-Bishop-Maxim-Vasiljevic/156089457807427
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:38:08 PM by peteprint »

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Taxiarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »
The monk in the picture is Fr. Damascene. His staff is an abbot's staff, not an episcopal staff.

I wonder how Fr. Damascene's missionary work in China has progressed.
"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake