OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 09:34:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saudi missiles targeted on Israel and Iran  (Read 282 times) Average Rating: 0
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« on: July 11, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

It is reported in today's Jerusalem Post that analysis of satellite photographs by analysts at IHS Janes intelligence services indicate the targeting of both Israel and Iran by Saudi lorry carried missiles, the latter having bought in the 1980s from China.

The news put me in mind of a Sunni man speaking very recently of Moslems and Shia, as if Shiites were non-Moslems. With such a mindset such targeting may seem more understandable, if added to the already high regional tensions.

Janes have track record of serious research into all the topic areas they focus upon.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »

This, sadly, shouldn't really surprise anyone.  Here's the link: http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Report-Desert-missile-base-targeting-Israel-Iran-319483

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »

Are you saying that the Saudis may not be such great allies after all???

It's not like they were 18 out of 20 of the 9/11 hijackers or anything!

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »

If it was not for oil they wouldn't be allowed in the back door, let alone treated like bosom pals! Oil seems to excuse everything.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »

If it was not for oil they wouldn't be allowed in the back door, let alone treated like bosom pals! Oil seems to excuse everything.

Indeed it does.  And, if the folks we in America have elected to high office morons in D.C. would let us, we could probably be energy independent enough to tell the Saudis to stick their oil wells....But, I don't see that happening anytime soon.  (I can see this thread ending up in "Poly Ticks" Grin.)

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »

Indeed it does.  And, if the folks we in America have elected to high office morons in D.C. would let us, we could probably be energy independent enough to tell the Saudis to stick their oil wells....But, I don't see that happening anytime soon.  (I can see this thread ending up in "Poly Ticks" Grin.)

If we wanted to we could just boycott them.  There is enough oil production worldwide to sate our appetites.  One problem with using our own oil is that by using another's oil, when their wells go dry we'll still have fuel to hold us over until the next technology takes over.  But in our economy, being able to sell oil on the market would be a boost in jobs and income.  Regardless, if we could just keep from ticking off other countries like Venezuela we'd have plenty of oil close by.  Not to mention Nigeria, Norway, Russia...all of whom have the advantage of not being Saudis.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »

If we wanted to we could just boycott them.  There is enough oil production worldwide to sate our appetites.  One problem with using our own oil is that by using another's oil, when their wells go dry we'll still have fuel to hold us over until the next technology takes over.  But in our economy, being able to sell oil on the market would be a boost in jobs and income.  Regardless, if we could just keep from ticking off other countries like Venezuela we'd have plenty of oil close by.  Not to mention Nigeria, Norway, Russia...all of whom have the advantage of not being Saudis.

I think it's the not ticking-off others that's a problem.  We're far too good at it, so being able to produce and even sell our own oil comes in pretty handy.  Boost jobs and income??  The D.C. morons want that?  Why am I skeptical about that? Grin

WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »

That's pretty typical of the situation in the Middle East
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:46:11 PM by WPM » Logged
Luka

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »

Actually Sunni and Shia are pretty much in conflict to the degree that Saudi authorities could have built toilets on the spots in Mecca which are venerated by Shiites as relics. I believe it's not a nice thought for Saudis (supporting muslim organizations worldwide) that Shiite Iran rises to the position of regional power as a representant of "Islam".
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: