OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 08:38:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic and Orthodox prophecy  (Read 523 times) Average Rating: 0
Wandile
Peter the Roman
OC.net guru

Faith: One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church - Roman Rite
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Pretoria, South Africa

@Wandi_Star
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »

Recently i came across the "worthy Shepard prophecy" of Blessed Tomasuccio de Foligno who lived during the period 1319-1377.Its about Pope Francis and It reads :

" one beyond the mountains shall become the Vicar Of God. Religious and clerics shall take part in this change. Outside the true path, there will be only disreputable men; I shrug my shoulders when the Bark of Peter is in danger and there is no one to lend it help... The schismatic shall fall into the scorn of the Italian faithful... By about twelve years shall the millennium have passed when the resplendent mantle of legitimate power shall emerge from the shadows where it was being kept by the schism. And beyond harm from the one who is blocking the door of salvation, for his deceitful schism shall have come to an end. And the mass of the faithful shall attach itself to the worthy Shepherd, who shall extricate each one from error and restore to the Church its beauty. He shall renew it."

this gave me an idea. Are there any prophecies by any post-schism orthodox saints or clergy. Any ones of interest you would like to share as I'm interested to know what orthodox prophecy has to say. Maybe prophecies from the monks of Mt.Athos for example.

also feel free to comment on the worthy Shepard prophecy. Bare in mind this is nothing polemical and is purely an inquisitive thread Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:58:56 PM by Wandile » Logged

"Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament." - Padre Pio

"He inquired whether he agreed with the Catholic bishops, that is, with the Roman Church?" -St. Ambrose
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »

How is this about Pope Francis - unless the reader is predisposed to read current events into the narrative? This is my general problem with post biblical prophecy. After all, how many evil figures in history were deemed to be the antichrist?

The Bridegroom cometh, we need be prepared, for we know not when.

What else does one really need to know about the future?
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »

Amen.  Maran atha!

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
spyridon

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Constantinople

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:14:33 PM »

People have been hanging 'prophecies' of doom on most Popes of recent time and religious leaders everywhere. There is a huge market in scare-mongering literature making wild accusations about 'the end times', 'antichrists', 'signs and wonders'.
In reality what does any of this benefit your faith?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »

What ever happened to the Malachi prophecy?  Wasn't your last pope supposed to be the last one?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Wandile
Peter the Roman
OC.net guru

Faith: One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church - Roman Rite
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Pretoria, South Africa

@Wandi_Star
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »

What ever happened to the Malachi prophecy?  Wasn't your last pope supposed to be the last one?

The prophecy of popes ascribed to St Malachy is a known forgery. Only these end times  conspiracy theorists take that seriously. They actually love it

"Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament." - Padre Pio

"He inquired whether he agreed with the Catholic bishops, that is, with the Roman Church?" -St. Ambrose
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »

To quote a famous person: "...only the Father knows.." owing to the end of times.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: