Mother Theresa

<< < (2/6) > >>

Santagranddad:
Christopher Hitchens is a suspect source I agree. The 'evidence' of the Montreal critics might be harder to dismiss, I guess. However at a personal level she somehow troubled me.

J Michael:
Quote from: Santagranddad on July 09, 2013, 04:39:00 AM

However at a personal level she somehow troubled me.

She's always troubled me, too.  Her example, as imperfect as it may be (and as imperfect as she may have been), makes a mockery of what I claim to be my "Christianity".  Many other saintly people have been horribly vilified and condemned by "the world", too, and many more will be--you can count on it. 

xariskai:

...Larivée and his colleagues also cite a number of problems not taken into account by the Vatican in Mother Teresa’s beatification process, such as... “her overly dogmatic views regarding, in particular, abortion, contraception, and divorce.”

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/a-new-expose-on-mother-teresa-shows-that-she-and-the-vatican-were-even-worse-than-we-thought/
So what are we to suppose from this comment? That the Vatican should reject candidates that are too Catholic in their dogmatic convictions?

Mor Ephrem:
What troubles/troubled you guys about Mother Teresa? 

Schultz:
Quote from: J Michael on July 09, 2013, 10:42:58 AM

Quote from: Santagranddad on July 09, 2013, 04:39:00 AM

However at a personal level she somehow troubled me.

She's always troubled me, too.  Her example, as imperfect as it may be (and as imperfect as she may have been), makes a mockery of what I claim to be my "Christianity".  Many other saintly people have been horribly vilified and condemned by "the world", too, and many more will be--you can count on it. 

Can you expand on this, please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page