Mother Theresa

<< < (6/6)

truthseeker32:
Quote from: Santagranddad on July 09, 2013, 11:17:21 AM

Third, and here the problems start, she appears to have been not a gentle witness for the unique truth of Christianity but a Universalist. Just Google or Bing her and you will find evidence of this again from her own lips.

Because there have never been saints who were/ are universalists?

monkvasyl:
Even one of the St. Gregory's believed that God and the Devil would be reconciled.  Some of their teachings are off and we disregard those teachings.

truthseeker32:
Quote from: monkvasyl on July 09, 2013, 04:40:01 PM

Even one of the St. Gregory's believed that God and the Devil would be reconciled.  Some of their teachings are off and we disregard those teachings.

I have also heard that only certain types of universalism, such as that found in Origen, or universalism that denies man's free will have been condemned.

theistgal:
Quote from: truthseeker32 on July 09, 2013, 04:23:05 PM

Quote from: Papist on July 09, 2013, 01:53:07 PM

Quote from: J Michael on July 09, 2013, 12:20:15 PM

Quote from: Shlomlokh on July 09, 2013, 12:14:08 PM

Quote from: theistgal on July 09, 2013, 11:34:59 AM

She was anti-abortion. That alone made it necessary for people like Hitchens to bring her down.

Yup. It's sexy for people to do that. Sad that the pseudodox among us drink the same kool aid. :(

In Christ,
Andrew

+1

+2

It should be noted that Hitchens himself is actually a supporter of the pro-life movement.

http://www.gender-agenda.org.uk/discuss/549/pro-life-atheism-or-christopher-hitchens-is-not-always-great/

I find it hard to believe that his pro-life views went any further than the theoretical - no evidence that he ever fought for abortion to be made illegal or restricted.

Also, the verb "is" should be changed to "was", since he's deceased.

TheTrisagion:
Quote from: theistgal on July 09, 2013, 07:00:44 PM

Quote from: truthseeker32 on July 09, 2013, 04:23:05 PM

Quote from: Papist on July 09, 2013, 01:53:07 PM

Quote from: J Michael on July 09, 2013, 12:20:15 PM

Quote from: Shlomlokh on July 09, 2013, 12:14:08 PM

Quote from: theistgal on July 09, 2013, 11:34:59 AM

She was anti-abortion. That alone made it necessary for people like Hitchens to bring her down.

Yup. It's sexy for people to do that. Sad that the pseudodox among us drink the same kool aid. :(

In Christ,
Andrew

+1

+2

It should be noted that Hitchens himself is actually a supporter of the pro-life movement.

http://www.gender-agenda.org.uk/discuss/549/pro-life-atheism-or-christopher-hitchens-is-not-always-great/

I find it hard to believe that his pro-life views went any further than the theoretical - no evidence that he ever fought for abortion to be made illegal or restricted.

Also, the verb "is" should be changed to "was", since he's deceased.

Well, there is no evidence that Hitchens ever fought for anything other than to marginalize Christianity.  If you aren't going to walk the walk, why bother talking the talk?  Sorry, I know lots of people liked him, but I always found Hitchens to be rather insufferable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page