General Forums > Christian News

Mother Theresa

<< < (6/6)

truthseeker32:

--- Quote from: Santagranddad on July 09, 2013, 11:17:21 AM ---Third, and here the problems start, she appears to have been not a gentle witness for the unique truth of Christianity but a Universalist. Just Google or Bing her and you will find evidence of this again from her own lips.

--- End quote ---
Because there have never been saints who were/ are universalists?

monkvasyl:
Even one of the St. Gregory's believed that God and the Devil would be reconciled.  Some of their teachings are off and we disregard those teachings.

truthseeker32:

--- Quote from: monkvasyl on July 09, 2013, 04:40:01 PM ---Even one of the St. Gregory's believed that God and the Devil would be reconciled.  Some of their teachings are off and we disregard those teachings.

--- End quote ---
I have also heard that only certain types of universalism, such as that found in Origen, or universalism that denies man's free will have been condemned.

theistgal:

--- Quote from: truthseeker32 on July 09, 2013, 04:23:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Papist on July 09, 2013, 01:53:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: J Michael on July 09, 2013, 12:20:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shlomlokh on July 09, 2013, 12:14:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: theistgal on July 09, 2013, 11:34:59 AM ---She was anti-abortion. That alone made it necessary for people like Hitchens to bring her down.

--- End quote ---
Yup. It's sexy for people to do that. Sad that the pseudodox among us drink the same kool aid. :(

In Christ,
Andrew

--- End quote ---
+1

--- End quote ---
+2

--- End quote ---
It should be noted that Hitchens himself is actually a supporter of the pro-life movement.

http://www.gender-agenda.org.uk/discuss/549/pro-life-atheism-or-christopher-hitchens-is-not-always-great/

--- End quote ---

I find it hard to believe that his pro-life views went any further than the theoretical - no evidence that he ever fought for abortion to be made illegal or restricted.

Also, the verb "is" should be changed to "was", since he's deceased.

TheTrisagion:

--- Quote from: theistgal on July 09, 2013, 07:00:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: truthseeker32 on July 09, 2013, 04:23:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Papist on July 09, 2013, 01:53:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: J Michael on July 09, 2013, 12:20:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shlomlokh on July 09, 2013, 12:14:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: theistgal on July 09, 2013, 11:34:59 AM ---She was anti-abortion. That alone made it necessary for people like Hitchens to bring her down.

--- End quote ---
Yup. It's sexy for people to do that. Sad that the pseudodox among us drink the same kool aid. :(

In Christ,
Andrew

--- End quote ---
+1

--- End quote ---
+2

--- End quote ---
It should be noted that Hitchens himself is actually a supporter of the pro-life movement.

http://www.gender-agenda.org.uk/discuss/549/pro-life-atheism-or-christopher-hitchens-is-not-always-great/

--- End quote ---

I find it hard to believe that his pro-life views went any further than the theoretical - no evidence that he ever fought for abortion to be made illegal or restricted.

Also, the verb "is" should be changed to "was", since he's deceased.

--- End quote ---
Well, there is no evidence that Hitchens ever fought for anything other than to marginalize Christianity.  If you aren't going to walk the walk, why bother talking the talk?  Sorry, I know lots of people liked him, but I always found Hitchens to be rather insufferable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version