Mother Theresa

(1/6) > >>

augustin717:
Read this today:
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/a-new-expose-on-mother-teresa-shows-that-she-and-the-vatican-were-even-worse-than-we-thought/

Justin Kissel:
Not sure what to think of her, frankly. I don't really trust Hitchens as a source. I haven't ready any of the other material mentioned in the comments, nor (obviously) this particular document that is discussed. Orthodoxy (especially certain sectors) is sometimes faulted for overpraising suffering... I wonder how far is too far.

(PS. In before Tallitot)

NicholasMyra:
Sounds like the topics of Hitchen's book revisited.

NicholasMyra:
Quote from: Asteriktos on July 08, 2013, 11:51:08 PM

Orthodoxy (especially certain sectors) is sometimes faulted for overpraising suffering... I wonder how far is too far.

The accusation is that she withheld medical care which she had the funds to provide out of a sense of the virtue of suffering; that is, she deliberately refrained from relieving suffering when it was in her capacity to relieve it.

Whether or not this is as true as they say, I haven't researched. But certainly such behavior would be anti-Christian at least on a small sale. "Which is good to do on the Sabbath", etc.

Kerdy:
Anyone can make a claim against anyone else.  The difference between proof and empty accusation is well, proof.  It is easy to toss those accusations against someone who has died and is unable to defend herself.  How brave these people are.  Anything to discredit something they hate.

Just look at the things people say against Jesus...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page