OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 01:06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dating question  (Read 9677 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »

Forgive an ignorant man for saying something, but how can a girl get pregnant if there is no sexual intercourse. I will try to be as medical as possible. The penis at least has to place itself in the vagina and the semen has to enter the vagina and ferment in the woman. I thought that was basic and as much as I believe in conspiracy theories and listen to Alex Jones I am not sure I understand what your well meaning Protestant Sunday School teacher meant. A woman cannot get pregnant from just being strongly attracted to a man next to her. Just like the man might ejaculate, so she might secrete or grow wet in the vagina, which is sexual excitement what is often not even willed but natural. I am not trying to be nasty, but one cannot get pregnant without the penis going in the vagina. As for the pregnancy during Lent, maybe you got the math wrong or something. I am not really sure but if a woman could get pregnant with her clothes on well....
Lighten up, wainscottbl. It's obvious that Asteriktos was joking, especially now that he admits it.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »

Forgive an ignorant man for saying something, but how can a girl get pregnant if there is no sexual intercourse. I will try to be as medical as possible. The penis at least has to place itself in the vagina and the semen has to enter the vagina and ferment in the woman. I thought that was basic and as much as I believe in conspiracy theories and listen to Alex Jones I am not sure I understand what your well meaning Protestant Sunday School teacher meant. A woman cannot get pregnant from just being strongly attracted to a man next to her. Just like the man might ejaculate, so she might secrete or grow wet in the vagina, which is sexual excitement what is often not even willed but natural. I am not trying to be nasty, but one cannot get pregnant without the penis going in the vagina. As for the pregnancy during Lent, maybe you got the math wrong or something. I am not really sure but if a woman could get pregnant with her clothes on well....
Lighten up, wainscottbl. It's obvious that Asteriktos was joking, especially now that he admits it.
Way to lay down the smack on a newbie there, Peter.  Shocked

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2013, 11:41:05 PM »

That's brilliant! Now I can enjoy my spaghetti without getting myself into trouble.

Spaghetti?  You're going to fake being gay for spaghetti?  What the hell is in that spaghetti?!  Don't worry about getting yourself into trouble...evidently you're already there! 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »

The penis at least has to place itself in the vagina and the semen has to enter the vagina and ferment in the woman.

Hehehehehehehehe...you said "ferment". 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »

That's brilliant! Now I can enjoy my spaghetti without getting myself into trouble.

Spaghetti?  You're going to fake being gay for spaghetti?  What the hell is in that spaghetti?!  Don't worry about getting yourself into trouble...evidently you're already there! 

Who knew that Dutch spaghetti has such power over a man.  Maybe it has some of that special "Dutch herb" that they enjoy so much over there.  Wink

DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!

« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2013, 12:26:18 AM »

Despite the reason for the quote being humor.....and i get that...I simply -cannot- in good conscience allow the following statement to go unrebutted, since it was -not- said in jest and someone reading it might take it as truth.

The penis at least has to place itself in the vagina and the semen has to enter the vagina and ferment in the woman. I thought that was basic and as much as I believe in conspiracy theories and listen to Alex Jones I am not sure I understand what your well meaning Protestant Sunday School teacher meant. A woman cannot get pregnant from just being strongly attracted to a man next to her. Just like the man might ejaculate, so she might secrete or grow wet in the vagina, which is sexual excitement what is often not even willed but natural. I am not trying to be nasty, but one cannot get pregnant without the penis going in the vagina. 

Pardon the language....but i went and got it from a more medical site, rather than word it myself and end up more vulgar than required

"If ejaculation does not occur directly into the vagina, the chances of pregnancy are lower than if the ejaculate is released inside the vagina. Nevertheless, there is still the possibility that pregnancy can occur. Sperm may find their way into the vaginal canal even if semen made contact with your vulva. Making sure that your partner ejaculates away from you is one way to keep the semen away from your vaginal opening."

I just do not wish someone to read the 'must go into' part and not realize that contact of the -parts- of both parties, can also lead to pregnancy.

Granted the "penis placing itself" makes me ponder a self propelled apparatus and then the 'detachable penis' song comes to mind...

ok...i am off to the 'have mercy on me a sinner' corner now.

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »

Way to lay down the smack on a newbie there, Peter.  Shocked
Chill out, dude. Cool Just because you perceive it as harsh doesn't mean wainscottbl will.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:40:29 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »

Granted the "penis placing itself" makes me ponder a self propelled apparatus and then the 'detachable penis' song comes to mind...

Me too! 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:15 AM »

Detacha... whaaaaa? You guys are strange at this site!  angel Grin
wainscottbl
By the grace of God, King of the South, Grand Duke of Louisville, Bardstown, Lexington and all the Kentuckys, Prince of Alaska, East Ukraine, Crimea and Wallachia
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

"It is said to me...where is your God" --Ps. 41:4

« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2013, 01:45:25 AM »

Sorry I did not see that he said he was joking. I was not trying too be too serious. I thought he was being serious and I wanted to be a nice as possible about it. I feel like an idiot. It's sometimes hard to tell when someone is joking online. I mean if someone seriously did believe what he said I figured I might as well give the whole birds and bees thing and explain how it all works.  Embarrassed

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2013, 06:14:11 AM »

Welcome to the magical world we call OC.net.  Please don't take us too seriously, we don't take ourselves too seriously either  Smiley

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2013, 07:24:59 AM »

Sorry I did not see that he said he was joking. I was not trying too be too serious. I thought he was being serious and I wanted to be a nice as possible about it. I feel like an idiot. It's sometimes hard to tell when someone is joking online. I mean if someone seriously did believe what he said I figured I might as well give the whole birds and bees thing and explain how it all works.  Embarrassed
No worries.  It can be very difficult to detect humor from some posts and I did the same thing when I started posting.  Once you get more familiar with the different forumers styles of posting, it is easier to recognize who is just messing and who is being serious.  For the record, most of what I say is just plain nonsense.  Wink

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »

A Latin woman can get pregnant from just being touched or hugged by a man, it's very frightening  laugh I've always wondered, are Latin women really more fertile or is it just that they are less likely to receive an abortion or use birth-control because of the Roman Catholic background?

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: