OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 06:09:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a rough time  (Read 1497 times) Average Rating: 0
aurelia
High Elder

« on: January 24, 2005, 01:06:31 PM »

I would so appreciate it if you would remember me in your prayers...things are falling apart, which is sucking the joy i have been feeling about converting right out of me (because this is one of many issues).  I need all the strength i can get, I have kids and I need to be strong for them as best I can.
thank you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 11:54:31 AM by aurelia » Logged
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 01:08:53 PM »

Prayers for your entire family, aurelia

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 01:14:46 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 01:39:42 PM »

Prayers for your situation.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 09:46:55 PM »

my prayers are with you and your family...Lord, have mercy.

hmmmm...
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 10:08:10 PM »

Prayers.

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 12:01:38 AM »

May God bless you with his Divine Peace and Great Mercy. 

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 01:20:10 AM »

May God grant you strength to endure this trial and the grace to persevere.

My prayers are with you Aurelia.

In Christ,
Aaron
Kardia

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 05:59:04 AM »

Dear Aurelia:
My heart goes out to you during this time. I know that it may not decrease the pain, but knowing that there are others that go through similar situations can at least help you know you are not alone.  My three children (the youngest is just turning 18) have all decided I have "joined a cult", and have completely turned against me --- they attend a pop-psychology golden-boy church, that is about six years old. It is so sad, because they are the ones being "brainwashed". I've since been told that their church has requested to "take a tour" of my parish. If it is used the same way I've seen other "interviews" done, they go and talk with pastors/priest, and make a movie with commentaries by their 'pastor', telling what he believes to be false teaching. It is put up on a big screen, with rock music intermittently used for accent!

I don't know how old your children are -- I wish I could have had the Church while my children were younger, but I trust that God brought me Home at the right time, and that He will use my life to His Glory, not mine. If my journey can be used to help others, then I pray I have the strength to offer up my life to His decisions, how it can be used to bring others to the Truth, or help others on their journey.

I've literally lost nearly everything that was previously dear to me. I've lost friendships, all of the contacts with friends from my last church, my family, have lost all income, transportation. I've even had attacks by people in the first Orthodox community in which I became involved. (I've since been assured that I am not the first to suffer abuse from that particular group). But I know that I am Home. Your decision to convert may very well bring you the hardest trials of your life. I found myself at home, alone, extremely ill, no phone, no car, no contact....hanging on, wondering what was going to happen. But God pulled me through, I wouldn't give up. Miraculously, I have found a wonderful parish, and will soon be baptized, before Holy Week. It is wondrous. I'm meeting amazing, supportive Orthodox people, and now have a loving, compassionate priest. God has met my needs -- I reached a point of having to trust Him for EVERYTHING. And perhaps that is where I had to wind up.

I don't know how old your children are -- I wish I could have had the Church while my children were younger, but I trust that God brought me Home at the right time, and that He will use my life to His Glory, not mine.  If my journey can be used to help others, then I pray I have the strength to offer up my life to His decisions,  how it can be used to bring others to the Truth, or help others on their journey. 
My prayers are with you.  Converting affects everything -- as it should be.  How we respond to what happens, that is our opportunity for our Faith to grow.  The adversary doesn't want us to make it, and uses circumstances and people to discourage us.  But God is always Faithful. 

The parable of the seed, planted in sand (I think that's the first one), then rocks, then fertile ground --- Jesus compared the seed landing on rock as the one that hears the Word, responds strongly, but is knocked over when "time of testing comes."  As long as we determine to be "fertile ground", the Word can take root, and we can make it throgh the trials.  My prayers for you are for strength, to withstand the "time of testing".  God Bless you.
Kardia

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 06:22:57 AM by Kardia » Logged
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 10:33:14 AM »

Thank you for that, I very much appreciate it. And I hope things get better for you with your family too Kardia, i really really do.

My kids are 15, 9, 6, and almost 3yr old twins. The oldest isnt interested, the next down is balking because of shyness mainly, the 6 year old seems enthusiastic and the boys have no choice. LOL!

I am doing this, it is what i need to feel complete.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 11:54:57 AM by aurelia » Logged
SaintShenouti

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 10:40:43 AM »

May the Lord be with you and your family. Remember Your children, O Lord!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 12:21:00 PM by SaintShenouti » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: