OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 04:03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extreme Pilgrim - Ascetic Christianity  (Read 188 times) Average Rating: 0
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« on: June 17, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »

Perhaps some of you will be interested in this video. A journalist stays up in the mountains in a cave near the cave of St. Anthony for 3 weeks. Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VjU_505i6E

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »

Is this a new TV Show? Extreme Pilgrim?

Cause I once saw this ridiculous thing where the Dali Lama was supposed to show up and say some magical words to some Tibetans before going back to Hollywood.

Anyway, this one dude started traveling like 6 month prior via prostration. I am not kidding. He had a enormous callous on his head the day the Dali Lama was supposed to make his appearance. He traveled hundreds of miles one prostration at a time.

I felt really bad for the guy, cause the Dali Lama couldn't appear to say the 36 words or whatever he does, cause he had a sore throat from skyping with Steven Segal and Richard Gere the night before.

The guy was non-plussed. It seemed and was happy to have had the opportunity to have possibly heard the Dali Lama same something to a Tibetan rather than about them.

He planned on doing the same trip gladly in future, if time allowed the Dali Lama a break from his hectic schedule of talking to University students to lead his people.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:06:25 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »

yes, really interesting.
it is also discussed here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,16462.0.html

i think it was good to show people a little of what orthodox Christianity is about.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: