OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 09:45:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITT: We discuss GMOs and the latest concerns  (Read 1696 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: June 16, 2013, 09:01:11 PM »

I know Maria especially has great concern for GMOs and the hazards associated with them.  Up until now, I was skeptical, but after reading this article and seeing the dangers, I have a newfound hatred for Monsanto and the diabolical lengths corporations are going to in order to increase their profit margins.  Shocked

http://www.theonion.com/articles/government-may-restrict-use-of-genetically-modifie,1346/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:50:25 PM »

I know Maria especially has great concern for GMOs and the hazards associated with them.  Up until now, I was skeptical, but after reading this article and seeing the dangers, I have a newfound hatred for Monsanto and the diabolical lengths corporations are going to in order to increase their profit margins.  Shocked

http://www.theonion.com/articles/government-may-restrict-use-of-genetically-modifie,1346/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

Thank you for starting this thread. I know that there are some members here who are into "genetic" research where they preform experiments that must make their guardian angels shutter and the demons rejoice.

I was a biology major before becoming a linguist. In the Catholic university I attended, they instilled in us a wholesome respect for life that is missing from Monsanto, Dole, and other chemical monopolies that are dabbling with life and genetics.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »

Is it ok for plants to modify themselves to promote reproduction?

Lt. Ray Makonnen: "You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."

Capt. Frank Chapman: "You're some guy, Makonnen."
TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:58:13 PM »

Absolutely not.  That is a lie from the pit of hell and Charles Darwin, its chief minion.

TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »

Thank you for starting this thread. I know that there are some members here who are into "genetic" research where they preform experiments that must make their guardian angels shutter and the demons rejoice.

I was a biology major before becoming a linguist. In the Catholic university I attended, they instilled in us a wholesome respect for life that is missing from Monsanto, Dole, and other chemical monopolies that are dabbling with life and genetics.

You know I like you, Maria, that is why I like to tease you.  Grin

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »

Normal plant reproduction with the possibility of natural mutation in the wild, natural selection of preferred plants that are beneficial to man, and adaptation or loss of certain plant species due to disease and loss of habitat are ways that plants vary on this earth.

However, when geneticists inject foreign DNA into plants or manipulate the DNA by infecting plants with viruses, life as God created it is not respected. This is unethical.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »

All joking aside, these GMO's are a huge business.

Tell me, why have they not been "tested" prior to use?  Only now that they are "out" there, are labs testing to see their affects on the organisms that ingest them.

I've seen reports of rats developing horrible tumors, fish in rivers becoming unable to reproduce, etc.

There was one report that wildlife even shun the corn, probably due to taste, or smell.

Furthermore, is it true, that there is a law stating that any illness or sickness found to be cause by ingesting these foods, may not be blamed on Monsanto, and Monsanto may not be held responsible.  In other words, no court will ever side with you.

Also, is it true that Monsanto alone controls the majority of the world's food supply?  How did that happen?

I also heard that in Turkey, just this week, thousands of hectares of GMO corn were set ablaze by the government, and that many nations outright ban it.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »

All joking aside, these GMO's are a huge business.

Tell me, why have they not been "tested" prior to use?  Only now that they are "out" there, are labs testing to see their affects on the organisms that ingest them.

I've seen reports of rats developing horrible tumors, fish in rivers becoming unable to reproduce, etc.

There was one report that wildlife even shun the corn, probably due to taste, or smell.

Furthermore, is it true, that there is a law stating that any illness or sickness found to be cause by ingesting these foods, may not be blamed on Monsanto, and Monsanto may not be held responsible.  In other words, no court will ever side with you.

Also, is it true that Monsanto alone controls the majority of the world's food supply?  How did that happen?

I also heard that in Turkey, just this week, thousands of hectares of GMO corn were set ablaze by the government, and that many nations outright ban it.

Yes, Lisa, Monsanto is a global monopoly, owns the majority of the world's farms, has the patent on most GMO seeds, has bought out most of the heirloom seed companies, and has legal protection from anti-trust regulations and liability. This situation has become dire and is no laughing matter. By the very fact that Monsanto has become an evil empire unto itself should have people worried.

Why has Monsanto been allowed to become one of the world's largest unregulated monopolies? Is this not a conspiracy of silence?

However, this topic is in Free-for-All, not Politics, so we must attack Monsanto for its unethical practices and not discuss politics and governmental protection.

The very recent find that GMO wheat was found in Organic farmlands in Oregon is very suspicious.
  • Did Monsanto spread its seed or contaminated pollen from airplanes so that these non-GMO crop would become contaminated?
  • If this contamination were deliberate, is it an attempt to take over more land?
  • Or did secret agents from Monsanto spread these seeds at night over the Oregon farmlands?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:47:41 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »

For my part I wasn't joking. Some plants do act in a way similar to animals, essentially making a decision how and when and where to do things so that it has the best possible procreative outcome. They don't think, or design the outcome in the same ways that humans do, of course, but they've modified themselves nonetheless.

Though I admit that humans messing around with food isn't always a success. We've been modifying bananas for thousands of years, and have made them palatable to most people (unmodified/wild ones aren't), but even after all that tinkering I still don't like them.

Lt. Ray Makonnen: "You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »

For my part I wasn't joking. Some plants do act in a way similar to animals, essentially making a decision how and when and where to do things so that it has the best possible procreative outcome. They don't think, or design the outcome in the same ways that humans do, of course, but they've modified themselves nonetheless.

Though I admit that humans messing around with food isn't always a success. We've been modifying bananas for thousands of years, and have made them palatable to most people (unmodified/wild ones aren't), but even after all that tinkering I still don't like them.

Natural selection and then human selection have taken its toll on the variation of plant species available to us. However, these are natural modifications.

GMOs are Genetically Modified Organisms that have had foreign DNA inserted into the plant. This foreign DNA matter could be genes from other plants or animals (like rat genes). Again, this is unethical tampering with God's creation.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »

Oh, and what about the gazillion bees dropping dead?

Can you imagine what will happen to the world's food supply if we kill off all our honey bees?

...and it's not the honey that I am worried about, although that would also be a great loss.

I have heard honey is the only food that will never spoil.  Honey found in ancient tombs is still edible and has retained its qualities and taste....although I would not have wanted to be the one tasting it.  Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 11:56:48 PM »

Can you imagine what will happen to the world's food supply if we kill off all our honey bees?

...and it's not the honey that I am worried about, although that would also be a great loss.

I have heard honey is the only food that will never spoil.  Honey found in ancient tombs is still edible and has retained its qualities and taste....although I would not have wanted to be the one tasting it.  Smiley

The honey bees are suffering from Bee Colony Collapse which is due to the heavy use of RoundUp (TM) produced by Monsanto.

Worse ...

As weeds become resistant to the pesticide RoundUp (TM), that nasty pesticide has been modified, and continues to be modified.

Oh, worse than worse ...

Studies have shown that pregnant women who are exposed to RoundUp may have a higher incidence of having children with autism. And unfortunately, Monsanto cannot be sued for this terrible birth defect in children.

I have studied what happens to the brains in children with autism. Their neurons do not grow normally.
Since a child's brain continues to develop even after birth, RoundUp could wreck havoc with their brains.

In essence, if RoundUp can be linked with Autism in children, then Monsanto is responsible for the death and disability of millions of children.

Here is the research and the researcher at MIT.
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/05/10/new-study-links-monsantos-roundup-to-autism-parkinsons-and-alzheimers/
This study was conducted by Anthony Samsel and Stephanie Seneff. Stephanie Seneff is a Senior Research Scientist at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. She received the B.S. degree in Biophysics in 1968, the M.S. and E.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1980, and the Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1985, all from MIT.  She has published over 170 refereed articles on these subjects, and has been invited to give keynote speeches at several international conferences. She has also supervised numerous Master’s and PhD theses at MIT. If you have any questions about Glyphosate’s role within the human body, you can contact her at   seneff@csail.mit.edu.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:31:46 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »

Here is an article about the contaminated Oregon wheatfields:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/11/unapproved-gm-wheat.aspx?e_cid=20130616_SNL_MC_1&utm_source=snl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=mc1&utm_campaign=20130616
As recently reported by CNBC [1] and other media outlets,[2, 3] an unapproved strain of genetically engineered (GE) wheat has been found growing on a farm in Oregon. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the anomaly on May 29.

As it turns out, the Roundup Ready (i.e. glyphosate-resistant) strain of wheat was developed by Monsanto and field tested in 16 different states between 1998 and 2005.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:23 AM »

More articles on Monsanto's RoundUp and Autism:

http://www.nationofchange.org/study-links-monsanto-s-roundup-autism-parkinson-s-and-alzheimer-s-1367764115
Because the CYP pathway is essential for normal functioning of various systems in our bodies, any small change in its expression can lead to disruptions. For example, humans exposed to glyphosate have decreased levels of the amino acid tryptophan, which is necessary for active signaling of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Suppressed serotonin levels have been associated with weight gain, depression and Alzheimer’s disease.

And I remember years ago that salespersons for Monsanto would actually drink a little RoundUp to prove that it was safe.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:37:53 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 12:41:33 AM »

As much as there is criticize about the monsantos of the world, the sorta nonsense being posted in this thread takes away from the troubling aspects of such corporations and relies upon a reactionary and rather privileged bourgeois ideology.

Really, Maria is posting what amounts to what in previous times would have only found its way into the pages of the World Weekly News or the minutes of a John Birch Society meeting. 

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 12:43:51 AM »

Why would Monsanto want Americans and others throughout the world fat, depressed / mentally ill and senile?  Sounds to me that Monsanto is asking God to "sift" the world and God is allowing Monsanto to "sift" the world.  So if someone drank a six pack of Monsanto Roundup and wasn't fat, depressed / mentally ill and/or senile, isn't that a miracle?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:50:46 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 12:44:20 AM »

I have worked with Autistic children. Their parents are devastated.
Monsanto simply cares about their profits, not the children of this world.

Here is another link about autism and Monsanto's Roundup that shows an interesting correlation:
http://naturalrevolution.org/monsantos-roundup-confirmed-links-to-autism-parkinsons-and-cancer/

When we take into account of the significant increase in Autism, something very profound emerges.
One in 150 kids were diagnosed on Autism Spectrum in 2007
One in 100 kids were diagnosed Autism Spectrum in 2009
One in 50 kids were diagnosed on Autism Spectrum in Mar. 2013.
The rate was 1 in 10,000 in 1970.

Read more at http://naturalrevolution.org/monsantos-roundup-confirmed-links-to-autism-parkinsons-and-cancer/#IZyt50zEbKWYRxKQ.99
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:46:25 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 12:44:51 AM »

I have heard honey is the only food that will never spoil.  Honey found in ancient tombs is still edible and has retained its qualities and taste....although I would not have wanted to be the one tasting it.  Smiley

Honey is capable of spoilage to be sure. However the bulk of a large amount of honey is relatively immune to most mico infection due to its near lack of water content.

Oh and that bees dying off stuff? Its looks like it was a bit of an overstatement.

The honeybees are as active as ever around here and from I've heard or read in material meant for the general public are doing OK in most places.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »

Here is another link about autism and Monsanto's Roundup that shows an interesting correlation:
http://naturalrevolution.org/monsantos-roundup-confirmed-links-to-autism-parkinsons-and-cancer/

When we take into account of the significant increase in Autism, something very profound emerges.
One in 150 kids were diagnosed on Autism Spectrum in 2007
One in 100 kids were diagnosed Autism Spectrum in 2009
One in 50 kids were diagnosed on Autism Spectrum in Mar. 2013.
The rate was 1 in 10,000 in 1970.

Read more at http://naturalrevolution.org/monsantos-roundup-confirmed-links-to-autism-parkinsons-and-cancer/#IZyt50zEbKWYRxKQ.99

You should see how many more kids had ADHD in 1990 than in 1950.

You should also see which socio-economic classes these disorders primarily affect. It can't be possibly due to neurotic, hyperviligant parents with the Does my Kid have Autism app running 24 / 7 on their iPhone that could be increasing these numbers . . .
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:47:39 AM by orthonorm » Logged

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:05 AM »

Ha ha!  There's an app for that!!!

Well, I hope the bees really aren't dying off, as it was said.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:55:28 AM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

—St. Isaac of Syria
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 12:59:03 AM »

Maybe they were, but everything was to blame for it at the time from cellphones, roundup, DARPA, etc.

Let's see what google says, if I can find anything.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 01:00:44 AM »

Of course not and neither are frogs.  I saw a frog and a bee yesterday; therefore, they are fine.  However, I haven't seen a polar bear around here so they certainly are endangered.  Ignore any evidence to the contrary.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 01:03:42 AM »

Ha ha!  There's an app for that!!!

In 2012, there was a poor almond crop in California due to Bee Colony Collapse.
The 2013 almond production in Bakersfield was threatened this year due to a lack of honeybees.
Only a change in weather saved the crop as that delayed the need for the honeybees.
The bees that the farmers had ordered prior to the weather change had arrived DOA due to colony collapse.
Bee farmers in Florida literally saved the day.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:04:16 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 01:05:30 AM »

Maybe they were, but everything was to blame for it at the time from cellphones, roundup, DARPA, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_collapse_disorder

This and a basic google search will show the that the large scale colonies agribusiness is using are dying still at unprecedented rates and that the US with its more continual liberal usage allotments for pesticides hasn't the seen the relief that many European countries have after enacting pestide reform laws.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 01:05:49 AM »

Yes, cellphones can harm honeybees, but how many cellphones are found on farms where the honeybees are buzzing about? Besides, you are way off topic.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:06:08 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 01:06:29 AM »

The 2013 almond production in Bakersfield was threatened this year due to a lack of honeybees.
Only a change in weather saved the crop as that delayed the need for the honeybees.
The bees that the farmers had ordered prior to the weather change had arrived DOA due to colony collapse.

But again, even if the bees are dying due to "pesticide" you don't understand how yours and marcs approach to diet help fuel such problems to begin with.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 01:07:25 AM »

Again, way off topic.

What has DARPA to do with anything ... now you are sounding off false alarms and sounding like a tin-foil hat person.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 01:07:39 AM »

Yes, cellphones can harm honeybees, but how many cellphones are found on farms where the honeybees are buzzing about? Besides, you are way off topic.

Not really. And the sentence above shows some basic flaws in you ability to reason.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 01:07:59 AM »

But again, even if the bees are dying due to "pesticide" you don't understand how yours and marcs approach to diet help fuel such problems to begin with.

Again, way off topic.
I am ignoring your posts unless you can start posting on topic.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:09:34 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:41 AM »

Again, way off topic.

What has DARPA to do with anything ... now you are sounding off false alarms and sounding like a tin-foil hat person.

You are having difficulty reading as well as thinking.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 01:11:16 AM »

Again, way off topic.

Not really, but then what was the topic? It seems as though it was an attempt to lampoon your thoughts about "GMOs" and Monsanto.

You did read the article cited?

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 01:18:40 AM »

Again, way off topic.

orthonorm is saying the same thing about you when you link Monsanto to autism and blame Monsanto for the deaths of millions of children from autism.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »

Again, way off topic.

orthonorm is saying the same thing about you when you link Monsanto to autism and blame Monsanto for the deaths of millions of children from autism.

Guess no one really cares about research that shows Monsanto's Roundup is not safe, and that the chemicals in it do cause imbalances. Not only is depression and autism linked to Roundup, but also bee colony collapse.

If you feel it is safe, then go and drink a glass and then tell us how you feel a year from now.
I would not give Roundup to my dog to drink.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:28:06 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »

Again, way off topic.

Guess no one really cares about research that shows Monsanto's Roundup is not safe,

A lot of things in life aren't safe.

and that the chemicals in it do cause imbalances. Not only is depression and autism linked to Roundup, but also bee colony collapse.

Without any solid academic foundation other than the rantings and ravings of people affected by "autism" or "leaky gut disorder."

If you feel it is safe, then go and drink a glass and then tell us how you feel a year from now.
I would not give Roundup to my dog to drink.

I don't drink pesticides.  I know Coke and Pepsi aren't good for me; however, I drink them in moderation (e.g. a rare Super Big Gulp from 7-11).
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:51 AM »

I don't drink pesticides.  I know Coke and Pepsi aren't good for me; however, I drink them in moderation (e.g. a rare Super Big Gulp from 7-11).

If you are drinking Super Big Gulp with High Fructose Corn Syrup, then you are drinking a sugar that is a roundup ready crop. HFCS has been linked with Diabetes. Again, I would not give that drink to my dog.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 01:47:25 AM »

If you are drinking Super Big Gulp with High Fructose Corn Syrup, then you are drinking a sugar that is a roundup ready crop. HFCS has been linked with Diabetes. Again, I would not give that drink to my dog.

My blood Glucose levels are in the normal range.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 01:55:17 AM »

I don't drink pesticides.  I know Coke and Pepsi aren't good for me; however, I drink them in moderation (e.g. a rare Super Big Gulp from 7-11).

Oh, yeah, for how long?

And what is normal?

Fasting blood glucose does not tell the entire picture.
Have you had any other blood tests to see what possible damage has been done for all the years you have been ingesting excess sugars especially HFCS?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:55:45 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 01:59:52 AM »

I don't drink pesticides.  I know Coke and Pepsi aren't good for me; however, I drink them in moderation (e.g. a rare Super Big Gulp from 7-11).

Oh, yeah, for how long?

And what is normal?

Fasting blood glucose does not tell the entire picture.
Have you had any other blood tests to see what possible damage has been done for all the years you have been ingesting excess sugars especially HFCS?

I'm in good health.  I don't need other blood tests.
vorgos

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 02:32:16 AM »

I would not use The Onion site to backup an argument. In case people are not aware.....

The Onion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion
The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national ...

elephant
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

I think that aspartame ("nutra-sweet") is far worse as a sweetener.  When I was young I started drinking it and was diagnosed as having temporal lobe epilepsy.  I stopped drinking pop and stopped having neurological problems - seizures, visual disturbances, panic attacks etc.  I participated in a study at Beth Israel hospital in Boston, and the neurologist(s) said I had no problems at all, other than the ones caused by aspartame.  So avoiding corn syrup by consuming aspartame is a frying pan into the fire move. 

Love, elephant
TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »

LOL!!!  I posted a ridiculous article with a pic of a 20 ft guy that has plowblades for arms and a monsanto shirt on, and it took 30 posts before anyone even noticed that it was not a serious article.

Carry on.  Grin

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 08:06:04 AM »

LOL!!!  I posted a ridiculous article with a pic of a 20 ft guy that has plowblades for arms and a monsanto shirt on, and it took 30 posts before anyone even noticed that it was not a serious article.

Carry on.  Grin

You assume too much: that it was in the onion (you didn't mask your link with text) was sort of a giveaway before even going to the article...  Wink

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »

Carry on.  Grin

You assume too much: that it was in the onion (you didn't mask your link with text) was sort of a giveaway before even going to the article...  Wink

Some people are all too eager to miss giveaways. Grin

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »

Carry on.  Grin

Some people are all too eager to miss giveaways. Grin

I saw it, seeing as I usually read at least the first post.  But I think the resulting conversation has been interesting even if it has been more serious than the OP.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »

Carry on.  Grin

Uhhhh . . . it took one glance.

Maria doesn't let even The Onion get in her way.

Nice trolling. Just trying to up the ante.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: