OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 06:42:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God’s glitch in Eden. A & E had to break God’s second command to accomplish the  (Read 1683 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »

God’s glitch in Eden. A & E had to break God’s second command to accomplish the first.

Eden is a rather easy myth to follow if you are not a Christian and do not see a fall but the elevation that the Jews had originally written into that story. Jews thought that man having his eyes opened and gaining God’s moral sense was a good thing.

Christians do not and ignore the bible that says that that moral sense is the number one priority we are supposed to be working on. Be ye as God.

God told A & E to reproduce in Genesis 1. That was for the two people made of clay. Most Christians do not take the Lilith myth as real for Genesis 1 and would rather believe that God created woman as an afterthought with Adam’s rib. Dumb to dumber.

Genesis 2 shows a rather stupid omission for a God who does not seem to know that a human male needs a human female to reproduce.

Yet God not only failed to give Adam a mate, a glaring idiocy by any measure, until Genesis 2 but also did not give Adam the desire to reproduce till Adam gained that desire on his own by ignoring God’s immoral command to basically remain in ignorant bliss and stupid.

Adam had to eat of the tree of knowledge before he could reproduce or develop the desire for reproduction and sex. After all, desires and sex both have good and evil sides so Adam could not have done either without the knowledge of good and evil.

Do you recognize the truth in A & E not being able to do God’s first command to reproduce without first eating of the tree of knowledge?

Adam and Eve’s eyes had to be opened before sex. And that took the knowledge encased in the tree of knowledge.

Do you recognize that that is when Adam and Eve became able to reproduce or have sex because they could not desire it until after they ate of the tree of knowledge?

Regards
DL

Actually no,

Eve was made from the rib of Adam, thus they were already of one flesh.  Also God created Eve for Adam - a companion.  

Also sex is not evil, and the tree of knowledge only made them "cover up" their otherwise naked bodies (that were not evil).

So tell me again, in Gnostic terms, what happened to lucifer in Isaiah 14?    Well from my viewpoint he exalted himself (through his own will) to become like God (or above God).  But he was cast down wasn't he?

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 12:01:49 AM »

Eve was made from the rib of Adam, thus they were already of one flesh.  Also God created Eve for Adam - a companion.

Good point.  Upon seeing the woman, the man calls her "bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh", and what he calls her is almost identical to what he himself is called.  And the affirmation that it is "for this reason" that a man cleaves to his wife and the two become one comes right before the serpent enters the story. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 12:38:26 AM »

I've rewritten the OP from a smurf's POV:

Papa Smurf's glitch in smurf. smurfs had to break Papa Smurf’s second command to accomplismurf the first.

Eden is a rather easy myth to follow if you are not a smurf and do not see a fall but the elevation that the smurfs had originally written into that story. Smurfs thought that smurf having his smurfs opened and gaining Papa Smurf’s moral smurf was a good thing.

smurfs do not and ignore the smurf that says that that moral smurf is the number one smurf we are supposed to be working on. Be ye as smurf.

Papa Smurf told smurfs to smurf in Smurfesis 1. That was for the two smurfs made of smurf. Most smurfs do not take the smurf myth as real for Smurfesis 1 and would rather believe that smurf created smurf as a smurf with smurf's smurf. Smurf to smurfer.

Smurfesis 2 shows a rather stupid omission for a smurf who does not seem to know that a smurf needs a smurf to smurf.

Yet smurfs not only failed to give smurf a smurf, a glaring smurf by any smurf, until Smurfesis 2 but also did not give smurf the smurf to smurf till smurf gained that smurf on his own by ignoring smurf’s immoral smurf to basically smurf in ignorant smurf and smurf.

Smurf had to smurf of the tree of smurf before he could smurf or smurf the smurf for smurf. After all, smurf both have smurfs so smurf could not have smurfed either without the smurf of smurfs.

Do you smurf the smurf in smurfs not being able to do smurf’s first smurf to smurf without first smurfing of the smurf of smurf?

smurfs' eyes had to be smurfed before smurf. And that took the smurf ensmurfed in the smurf of smurf.

Do you smurf that that is when smurfs became able to smurf or have smurf because they could not smurf it until after they smurfed of the smurf of smurf?

LMBO

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 07:57:12 AM »

Hey Trisagion,

Can you PM me the Smurf icon?  I just tried to search for "orthodox icon smurf" on Google Images and I got a random assortment of smurfs, along with many pictures of Russians swimming in frozen lakes on Theophany, Ethiopians processing around Lalibela, and Shah Rukh Khan with various Bollywood leading ladies.  What.  The.  Hell. 
Sent.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  Wink

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »

Hey Trisagion,

Can you PM me the Smurf icon?  I just tried to search for "orthodox icon smurf" on Google Images and I got a random assortment of smurfs, along with many pictures of Russians swimming in frozen lakes on Theophany, Ethiopians processing around Lalibela, and Shah Rukh Khan with various Bollywood leading ladies.  What.  The.  Hell.  
Sent.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  Wink

Hey, I want it too. My email is in my profile.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:59:26 AM by LBK » Logged
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:18 AM »

Hey Trisagion,

Can you PM me the Smurf icon?  I just tried to search for "orthodox icon smurf" on Google Images and I got a random assortment of smurfs, along with many pictures of Russians swimming in frozen lakes on Theophany, Ethiopians processing around Lalibela, and Shah Rukh Khan with various Bollywood leading ladies.  What.  The.  Hell. 
Sent.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  Wink

Is it the one with Snow White and the LGB? That definitely needed a warning.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »

Hey Trisagion,

Can you PM me the Smurf icon?  I just tried to search for "orthodox icon smurf" on Google Images and I got a random assortment of smurfs, along with many pictures of Russians swimming in frozen lakes on Theophany, Ethiopians processing around Lalibela, and Shah Rukh Khan with various Bollywood leading ladies.  What.  The.  Hell.  

Sent via PM.

For anyone else interested, here is the link.  
http://www.zazzle.com/smurf_snow_white_religious_painting_skin-134158437922735026

LBK
Merarches

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 08:27:26 AM »

Here's a link to a clearer version of the imagery.

http://www.derekmurphyart.com/irreligious-iconography-at-geisai-3-art-exhibition/icons2/

I can laugh (in a grim sort of way) at some of the schlock I've come across over the years (like Saint Li Ban the Irish mermaid, which I posted early on in the life of the Schlock Icons thread), but what this guy is doing is seriously sick, to put it mildly. He's being provocative and offensive simply for the shock value. Nasty, cheap and lazy.

This "artist" has even gone as far as to paint the inscription I Meghalokhari (Of Great Grace) on the Snow White picture, and O Evloghon (He who Blesses) on the Smurf painting. In both paintings, he has the nerve to paint a proper Christ halo around the figures. Vile.

Get me alone with this self-indulgent idiot in a locked room, and I'd soon sort him out! Making him eat his brushes and paints will be the least of his punishment.  Angry Angry Angry

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:29:29 AM by LBK » Logged
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »

http://www.derekmurphyart.com/irreligious-iconography-at-geisai-3-art-exhibition/icons2/

I can laugh (in a grim sort of way) at some of the schlock I've come across over the years (like Saint Li Ban the Irish mermaid, which I posted early on in the life of the Schlock Icons thread), but what this guy is doing is seriously sick, to put it mildly. He's being provocative and offensive simply for the shock value. Nasty, cheap and lazy.

This "artist" has even gone as far as to paint the inscription I Meghalokhari (Of Great Grace) on the Snow White picture, and O Evloghon (He who Blesses) on the Smurf painting. In both paintings, he has the nerve to paint a proper Christ halo around the figures. Vile.

Get me alone with this self-indulgent idiot in a locked room, and I'd soon sort him out! Making him eat his brushes and paints will be the least of his punishment.  Angry Angry Angry

The fella needs a drubbing with a good Blackthorn stick.....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:06:13 AM by Santagranddad » Logged
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »

The fella needs a drubbing with a good Blackthorn stick.....

Nah, not enough oomph. Being locked in a room full of yiayies and babushki, MUCH more effective! He'll either emerge fully repentant, or in little bitty pieces. Or both.  Wink laugh
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:26:37 AM by LBK » Logged
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:56 AM »

Have you ever seen me wielding a Blackthorn stick, makes grannies sharp elbows and tongues like a rebuke from a nursery nurse. Wink
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »

Look! She is on her way now with a whole bundle of sticks!  Shocked

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2013, 11:09:21 AM »

Hey Trisagion,

I guess you were feeing better by this time?  Tongue

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »

Hey Trisagion,

I guess you were feeing better by this time?  Tongue

Yes, thank you for the kind concern.  Wink
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »

Have you ever seen me wielding a Blackthorn stick, makes grannies sharp elbows and tongues like a rebuke from a nursery nurse. Wink

You haven't met my mother. Get her righteous indignation up, and God help you. I've seen her fearlessly reduce even men of rank and privilege to simpering, deflated wrecks. Her words are sharper than any weapon, and just as deadly.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:03 PM »

Hey Trisagion,

You should make sure that's incense you're burning.  angel

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »

You haven't met my mother. Get her righteous indignation up, and God help you. I've seen her fearlessly reduce even men of rank and privilege to simpering, deflated wrecks. Her words are sharper than any weapon, and just as deadly.

I don't believe in cloning, but I'll make an exception for your mother.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2013, 11:04:53 PM »

The sin wasn't in becoming divine, but in becoming divine without God's assistance and through disobedience.
They didn't become divine. They became dead.

Btw, in Hebrew there is a pun on the "naked" of the man and his wife, and the "crafty" of the serpent. That underlies the difference between innocence and deceit.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

God’s glitch in Eden. A & E had to break God’s second command to accomplish the first.

Eden is a rather easy myth to follow if you are not a Christian and do not see a fall but the elevation that the Jews had originally written into that story. Jews thought that man having his eyes opened and gaining God’s moral sense was a good thing.

Christians do not and ignore the bible that says that that moral sense is the number one priority we are supposed to be working on. Be ye as God.

God told A & E to reproduce in Genesis 1. That was for the two people made of clay. Most Christians do not take the Lilith myth as real for Genesis 1 and would rather believe that God created woman as an afterthought with Adam’s rib. Dumb to dumber.

Genesis 2 shows a rather stupid omission for a God who does not seem to know that a human male needs a human female to reproduce.

Yet God not only failed to give Adam a mate, a glaring idiocy by any measure, until Genesis 2 but also did not give Adam the desire to reproduce till Adam gained that desire on his own by ignoring God’s immoral command to basically remain in ignorant bliss and stupid.

Adam had to eat of the tree of knowledge before he could reproduce or develop the desire for reproduction and sex. After all, desires and sex both have good and evil sides so Adam could not have done either without the knowledge of good and evil.

Do you recognize the truth in A & E not being able to do God’s first command to reproduce without first eating of the tree of knowledge?

Adam and Eve’s eyes had to be opened before sex. And that took the knowledge encased in the tree of knowledge.

Do you recognize that that is when Adam and Eve became able to reproduce or have sex because they could not desire it until after they ate of the tree of knowledge?

Regards
DL

Actually no,

Also sex is not evil, and the tree of knowledge only made them "cover up" their otherwise naked bodies (that were not evil).

So tell me again, in Gnostic terms, what happened to lucifer in Isaiah 14?    Well from my viewpoint he exalted himself (through his own will) to become like God (or above God).  But he was cast down wasn't he?
It was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not knowledge in general.  It did not make them realize that they were naked, it changed the status by depriving it of its innocence and purity.  Deceit does that.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2013, 01:36:46 AM »

I don't believe in cloning, but I'll make an exception for your mother.

Oooo, I ain't sure if the world could handle another one of her. Three quarters of her clan is like that as well, and they get more formidable with age, I assure you ... Wink laugh

Disclaimer: There is precious little I've inherited from her in looks or temperament. I take after the other side of the family.
Greatest I am
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Gnostic

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2013, 06:28:41 PM »

You can say what you want, but this weirdo makes some good points and is probably more intelligent than 90% of us here. I for one sympathize with him; he makes a well-thought out post, then everyone ignores it and trolls him, kind of like me.

Anyhow, I have always found it rather odd that God did not want humans to understand good and evil in the story, "lest we become like God," even though in Orthodoxy we assert that the purpose of our salvation is to become like God. The Genesis story is downright weird and confusing no matter how you look at it; in a sense, it portrays God as the villain who wants to prevent us from reaching our full potential and the Devil as this unfairly hated hero who only tried to offer us an alternative.

I appreciate your words.

Most of it is language.

It is said that those who know two languages will have a hard time being understood.
I can screw up three. French, my mother tongue, English and Franglais.

Not having much in the way of education but still being bright enough is a rather unique thing.

Regards
DL
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: