OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 05:56:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia passes anti-gay law, activists detained  (Read 1389 times) Average Rating: 0
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »

^now just because somebody has a fetish for leather or beards doesn't mean he'll be able to smash someone's face.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »

^now just because somebody has a fetish for leather or beards doesn't mean he'll be able to smash someone's face.

That's true, but those two groups are where you'll find most of the gay biker types.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »

gay biker types.

Yet another redundant expression.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »

ill say it again

the only problem i have with gays is the whole lifestyle they attach themselves to.

ok we get it, you are gay.

you dont need a lisp

gay mannerisms

gay parades

gay bars

gay whatever

knock it off

straight from me to you,

achronos.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:33:14 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »

ill say it again

the only problem i have with gays is the whole lifestyle they attach themselves to.

you dont need a lisp

gay mannerisms

gay parades

gay bars

gay whatever

knock it off

straight from me to you,

achronos.

I disagree.  We need more.  We also need gay restaurants, gay coffee shops, gay libraries, gay schools, more gay neighborhoods, etc., etc.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »

ill say it again

you dont need a lisp

gay mannerisms

gay parades

gay bars

gay whatever

knock it off

straight from me to you,

achronos.

I disagree.  We need more.  We also need gay restaurants, gay coffee shops, gay libraries, gay schools, more gay neighborhoods, etc., etc.

Again, all the above are already gay.

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »

Well how's about we open up us a straight library see hows them city council like it and watch what happens with them reporters

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »

gay restaurants

gay coffee shops,

gay libraries

the whiteheads part is killing me.

gay schools

more gay neighborhoods,

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:47:41 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

Well how's about we open up us a straight library see hows them city council like it and watch what happens with them reporters

What's more gayer than sharing?

Isn't that the whole point of kindergarten? To learn that one very important life lesson?

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »

I always tell myself I will never do something as unChristian as this... Then I see a gay couple and think "I should throw this egg at them"

Lord have Mercy

^same.

Who wants Chick-Fil-A?

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »

I've often thought it would be fun to build a subdivision in Arizona, and refuse to sell any of the houses to straight people.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »

Who wants Chick-Fil-A?
ill take the without meat in the bun #6 for 9 dollars

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 09:00:48 PM »

I've often thought it would be fun to build a subdivision in Arizona, and refuse to sell any of the houses to straight people.
dont ask dont tell

you got a bunch of gay underwriters who have the largest gaydars to detect this crap

– St. Ambrose of Milan
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »

"I'm gay, I swear! Steve and I need this condo!"

"How's about you prove it."

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:27 PM »

gay bars

I was so let down the first time I went to a gay bar. It was just so... vanilla. Really nice people running the place though.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »

gay bars

I was so let down the first time I went to a gay bar. It was just so... vanilla. Really nice people running the place though.
The one in my town is a joke.  OLD guys with rainbows up everywhere.  It's really pathetic. 

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2013, 10:02:43 PM »

gay bars

Go to bourbon street and keep walking until you get to what the tourists call the "other end."

You'll know what it is when you get there.  Grin

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »

I may be going to pride parade with my wife and a gay friend of mine here in Baltimore this weekend.  You guys want pics?  You think Putin will want me to send pics?

Peace.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »

(imagine how you might be treated if you had to live with the public knowledge that your father has a boyfriend)

I imagine it's no different than the public knowledge that my father was a drug addict, I have less money than most of my friends and that my mom miscarried.

Does homosexuality really disturb people this much?

You've got to be kidding me.
Yes, actually it does. Some kids do get beat up just because a family member is gay, and they try to stand up for them (or not). People are mistreated for a lot of unnecessary and unfortunate reasons.

So?

Then stop the bullies and combat the violence. Why should the innocent party have to change just for the bad party? I feel bad for people like you. That's like telling a Black kid during the Civil Rights Movement to bleach his skin so that bigots don't bully him, or a woman not to be beautiful so she doesn't get raped.

Am I the only one who sees the stupidity here?

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 03:28:51 PM »

(imagine how you might be treated if you had to live with the public knowledge that your father has a boyfriend)

I imagine it's no different than the public knowledge that my father was a drug addict, I have less money than most of my friends and that my mom miscarried.

Does homosexuality really disturb people this much?

You've got to be kidding me.
Yes, actually it does. Some kids do get beat up just because a family member is gay, and they try to stand up for them (or not). People are mistreated for a lot of unnecessary and unfortunate reasons.

So?

Then stop the bullies and combat the violence. Why should the innocent party have to change just for the bad party? I feel bad for people like you. That's like telling a Black kid during the Civil Rights Movement to bleach his skin so that bigots don't bully him, or a woman not to be beautiful so she doesn't get raped.

Am I the only one who sees the stupidity here?
Hang on a minute, James. You originally said:
Anyhow, this is one of those personal feelings vs. legality issues. Personally, I don't like homosexuality or support them, yet, at the same time, I don't support stopping them from doing what they want or harassing them (since they aren't harming anyone but themselves), because the one thing I hate even more than homosexuality is a police state.
All I've done is point out that others can and do get hurt because others have engaged in homosexual behaviour. Please don't think I approve of the bullying or violence in any way. It isn't right, but it happens.

Like you, James, I "don't support stopping them from doing what they want or harassing them". I disagree with your idea that this type of sinful behaviour is without farther reaching consequences.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »

gay bars

Was that in western pa?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: