OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 04:19:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My PC went NUTS. Is it worth putting a .45 in it ?  (Read 1929 times) Average Rating: 0
Jakub
Archon

« on: January 22, 2005, 06:16:59 PM »

Alright PC Geeks,

Started my PC this morning, damn screen told me that it was reverting to prior/backup settings prior to Earthlink TotalAccess 2005, which was 2004 program.

I ran my Norton Virus program, Anti-Trojan program, sprayed the PC with windex , ran IE 6 repair.

After connecting to the Net I get cannot find server ?

I'm using Mozilla at the moment but I'm closing to dousing this damn thing with Jack Daniels & putting a match to it(of course as I drink also) it would be sinful to waste.

Suggestions....

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 07:05:46 PM »

Don't use Mozilla. It's Old Calendar. It opens you up to all sort of strange things! Tried to log into webmail and got a freaky webmail site. Rang tech support, they couldn't see it! I could. Then found that I couldn't connect to any server. I am now getting rid of the Mozilla Monster, despite its popularity with ROAC, ROCIE and other zealots.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 07:13:52 PM »

At the present I cannot use IE as a browser, I use the Moz for backup.

Mr. Capt. Robboman, where are you ?(Car 54 etc....)

Sip...

JB

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 08:52:47 PM »

In IE:

Click tools->internet options->click connections tab->click lan settings button.

Make sure there are no boxes checked.

Click OK, then OK again.
Restart IE and try again.

R
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »

Question,

I use a dial up connection, LAN settings state it has nothing to do with dial up

Do I proceed with "Blind Faith"

james

Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 03:50:41 PM »

Doesn't matter what you use, you gotta go into the LAN settings box anyway.

R
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 05:25:16 AM »

Putting a .45 in it is only a viable option if you video the procedure and post it on the 'net Afro
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »

Well Robbocop tech ,

No changes occured per your instructions.The other day I should have waited to powerup/booted the PC after a couple of cups of expresso, then maybe I would remember what the "darn" :flame: screen said before hitting enter.

Amazing that the newer program vanished leaving the previous which is dead. I'm debating whether to reload the program from the disc or switch providers, I've had alot of problems with Earthlink, any suggestions ?

Brother John, sorry to say that this execution cannot be taped or photographed due to Kalifornia law.

james, still scratching my head, Tongue very puzzling
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 01:34:59 PM by Jakub » Logged

Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 01:01:43 AM »

I've had alot of problems with Earthlink, any suggestions ?

Yes, switch to ISP.com!  Grin

http://www.isp.com/

In Christ,
Aaron
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 04:47:30 AM »

Hey Jakub,

SOrry I didnt' see your reply from last week. My apologies on the slow response.

There should be a tutorial or instruction guide somewhere on how to setup your Earthlink dial-up connection WITHOUT using the bundled software that comes with it.  Frankly, the bundled software is a pain and offers nothing additional other than some pretty graphics. 

I'd keep with it another go and just steer around using the packaged software.
HOpet his helps,
R
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: