OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 05:29:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heaven and Hell: The View of the Early Church  (Read 809 times) Average Rating: 0
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« on: June 04, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

I am currently listening to the first of these three lectures/discussions, and finding it to be fascinating and educational. Great speaker (Dr. Clark Carlton). Perhaps some other posters here will find it beneficial, too.

http://www.ancientfaith.com/specials/heaven_and_hell_the_view_of_the_early_church

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

Having finished listening to the first hour-long session, I can now sincerely and heartily recommend it. Insightful! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:30:26 PM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai
truthseeker32
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »

I just began listening as well, almost through the first session. Good stuff so far.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »

I listened to it recently... disagreed with some of his points, but that's to be expected. Overall I was pleasantly surprised.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: