Author Topic: Heaven and Hell: The View of the Early Church  (Read 1293 times)

Offline stavros_388

• OC.net guru
Heaven and Hell: The View of the Early Church
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
I am currently listening to the first of these three lectures/discussions, and finding it to be fascinating and educational. Great speaker (Dr. Clark Carlton). Perhaps some other posters here will find it beneficial, too.

http://www.ancientfaith.com/specials/heaven_and_hell_the_view_of_the_early_church
"This is the cross - to become dead to the whole world, to suffer sorrows, temptations and other passions of Christ; in bearing this cross with complete patience, we imitate Christ's passion and thus glorify our God the Father as His sons in grace and co-heirs of Christ." --St. Symeon the New Theologian

Offline stavros_388

• OC.net guru
Re: Heaven and Hell: The View of the Early Church
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »
Having finished listening to the first hour-long session, I can now sincerely and heartily recommend it. Insightful! :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:30:26 PM by stavros_388 »
"This is the cross - to become dead to the whole world, to suffer sorrows, temptations and other passions of Christ; in bearing this cross with complete patience, we imitate Christ's passion and thus glorify our God the Father as His sons in grace and co-heirs of Christ." --St. Symeon the New Theologian

Offline truthseeker32

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOA-Denver
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »
I just began listening as well, almost through the first session. Good stuff so far.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
I listened to it recently... disagreed with some of his points, but that's to be expected. Overall I was pleasantly surprised.