OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 04:52:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversion to Orthodoxy  (Read 758 times) Average Rating: 0
drewmeister2
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America

Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY

« on: January 23, 2005, 04:49:33 PM »

I am seriously looking into being Greek Orthodox.  But my family is pretty hardcore Catholic.  How do I tell them I really want to convert to Orthodoxy?  By the way, Im only 16, so Im not on my own yet.  Thanks for any advice! 

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 05:51:54 PM »

Most important thing to do is start living an Orthodox life: moderate fasting to start, praying Compline* and morning prayers (*or evening prayers in the Russian recension of the Orthodox Church) every day, and attending Orthodox liturgy.  They will start to notice, and ask questions.  If they are hostile you will response charitably "I feel the Spirit is leading me to this..." or other such non-confrontational responses.  If they are genuinely curious you will try to explain things in more detail.  If they seem interested, invite them to liturgy. Don't rock the boat in the beginning.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: