Author Topic: Information on a saint (Charalambis)  (Read 1081 times)

Offline CharalambisMakarios

• Faith: Protestant Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Considering Orthodoxy
Information on a saint (Charalambis)
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
Hey all!

I was wondering where I might be able to find information (preferably online or freely accessible) regarding a particular saint. General information is scarce.

The saint I am interested in is known as St. Charalambis. He is not the Greek Charalambis, but is I believe known in Russian Orthodox tradition. He is one of the Saloi saints, and I believe "Fool-For-Christ" may be part of his title. I've only encountered him in the writings of Kyriacos Markides, a sociology professor who writes about the Orthodox tradition.

If anyone has more resources (and if I'm totally confused, please enlighten me), I would appreciate it.

Re: Information on a saint (Charalambis)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »
Note: Sorry for the repost. On my device, there was an error, and the text of my original post is not visible. If it is on your computer, disregard this reply, as it contains the same text after this note.

Hey all!

I was wondering where I might be able to find information (preferably online or freely accessible) regarding a particular saint. General information is scarce.

The saint I am interested in is known as St. Charalambis. He is not the Greek Charalambis, but is I believe known in Russian Orthodox tradition. He is one of the Saloi saints, and I believe "Fool-For-Christ" may be part of his title. I've only encountered him in the writings of Kyriacos Markides, a sociology professor who writes about the Orthodox tradition.

If anyone has more resources (and if I'm totally confused, please enlighten me), I would appreciate it.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:28:52 PM »
He was from Pskov. He was from XVth century. His feast is on May 15 (whenever you think it is). That's all what google said.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:45:42 PM »
I have found these accounts, in Russian, not English, of the saint's life:

http://www.saints.ru/e/Evfrosin_Pamfil_Pskovskie.html

His feast day is on May 15/28, and on the commemoration of All Saints of Pskov, the third Sunday after Pentecost.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:38:29 PM »
Did the saint heal a sick person with a miracle?...

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:32:11 PM »
I know exactly which Haralambis the OP is referring to.  He is a Greek. He is not officially glorified as a saint. 

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »
Thanks for the links! I would have to read the book I found his name in again in order to remember which one he is. Now that I think about it, it would make sense for it to have been Greek, given that Markides mostly writes about Greek and Oriental Orthodoxy. For some reason I thought Charalambis was Russian. Not sure. In any case, thanks for the help!