OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 08:40:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racist Priest from St. Vladimir  (Read 5849 times) Average Rating: 0
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2005, 04:17:29 AM »

Nacho, my friend, please don't take Jennifer's bait so easily. Certainly she doesn't see her own opinion above can be turned back on that very opinion itself. Ridiculously irrelevant, for sure.

Perhaps she listens to too much Talk Radio?   Smiley
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 10:29:02 AM by +æ-ü+¦-â-ä+++¦+++«-é » Logged

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2005, 05:23:05 AM »

Before I assume anything do you want to clarify who you had in mind as being people who "never work a day in their lives" ?

The same people that fill up the welfare rolls, are on foodstamps and commit a high percentage of crime.
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2005, 09:09:53 AM »

OK, I'm new to this thread, but THIS:

Hey Fotios....You down with Ol' PC?  Yeah, you know me!!!

:laugh3:

That's GREAT, Antonious.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2005, 09:24:18 AM »

Let's just hand out loads of money and "reperations" for past and future wrongs so some people can continue to never work a day in their lives.

Oh yea, I think reperations is a total joke also.

I swear to God that I am SICK to death with hearing white men complain about reparations and affirmative action.

Sigh..."another one bites the dust"...

Seriously, I think Jakub's got this one pegged...

I think a mental & physical eval report would be more valuable then discussing a punishment.

what this guy did reminds me of my great-grandmother around the end of her life...some crazy $#!+ came out of her mouth that NOBODY knew what to do with, least of all her, if and when she ever "came around" to realize what had happened.

I also really admire the African-American ministers for being able to pray with and forgive the priest.  That was cool.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2005, 05:46:06 PM »

Antonius,
But you are seeing past what he is saying! In your example, "Hate Crimes Legislation" won't do anything that normal prosecuting would. You prosecute the crime. Violence is violence and murder is murder. The intent in this case is meaningless. It won't act as the deterrent that the law proposes to do! People will still hate because of race, etc. It's all about education, softening of the heart, etc.

Hi Elisha,

My example, in the case you quoted, wasn't about hate crimes legislation, but about the letter of the law being applied, rather than the spirit.

Oh, and by the way Nektarios, the largest beneficiaries of Welfare and foodstamps are poor white women. The largest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action are middle class white women. As for "commiting crimes", well, when you factor in white collar crimes, etc., white people make up a pretty large percentage of that statistic too. Look it up. I didn't know you had so much against white people. Chill out Malcolm!

Pedro - Glad you caught the Naughty By Nature Reference!

*Sigh!* - Once again I agree with my brother Aklie.  This thread has effectively been derailed by folks like our anti-white friend I addressed above who like to use the internet to vent about things they'd be scared to say to real people face to face.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 06:05:12 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2005, 06:19:24 PM »

Nacho, my friend, please don't take Jennifer's bait so easily. Certainly she doesn't see her own opinion above can be turned back on that very opinion itself. Ridiculously irrelevant, for sure.

Perhaps she listens to too much Talk Radio?   

LOL!!!!!!!!! :laugh3:

I would have to agree with that. Too much nuance for my taste.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: