OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 05:18:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical corruption  (Read 312 times) Average Rating: 0
Ashman618
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: May 25, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »

Is there anyone who ever spoke of the physical corruption of the creation being the result of the crack in the noetic/angelic realm?
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

On Sabbatical until Mid-December

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »

Our Ethiopian Orthodox posters can tell you about the Book of Enoch which espouses such a view.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:38 AM »

The crack in the angelic realm caused a crack in our own spirituality which is why God allows physical corruption (to help wake us up in regards to our spiritual depravation). In the age to come, physical corruption will not be possible as all will receive a new and perfect body, yet, you would not want to "freeze" like that if you were a sinner because that means you will be forever lost within a dark spirituality.

Ashman618
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »

It would seem, although appearances can deceive, that physical corruption is pre human.... So would we say physical corruption is a Benefit for animal, insect,plant life as well?
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »

It would seem, although appearances can deceive, that physical corruption is pre human.... So would we say physical corruption is a Benefit for animal, insect,plant life as well?

Physical corruption is not pre-human because only humans are physical (with spiritual capacity). Spiritual corruption is pre-human because of the fallen angels who are spirits. It's not of benefit to the animal life, etc., to experience physical corruption; it's actually of benefit to us to see how the rest of creation suffers, so that we repent. God allows the rest of creation to co-suffer with us for our benefit (the servant suffers together with the master).

Ashman618
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »

That is helpful I kinda get that, so then pre-human animals were not born with gimpy legs and trees had no withered leaves. Or am I mistaken by what physical corruption is
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »

That is helpful I kinda get that, so then pre-human animals were not born with gimpy legs and trees had no withered leaves. Or am I mistaken by what physical corruption is

That's what I mean by physical corruption, too: aging, malformations, illness, etc., and ultimately physical death.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: