OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 02:40:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agreement Signed Between Armenian and Russian Seminaries  (Read 746 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: May 24, 2013, 12:36:42 AM »

On May 16, with the blessings of His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians; and His Holiness Kirill I, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia; an agreement of cooperation was signed between the Gevorkian Theological Seminary and the Moscow Theological Academy of the Russian Orthodox Church.  The signing ceremony was held in the auditorium of the Gevorkian Seminary. On this occasion the a delegation from the Moscow Theological Academy visited Armenia, under the leadership of His Eminence Archbishop Eugene of Vereya, Chairman of the Academic Committee of the Russian Orthodox Church and Rector of the Moscow Theological Academy.

The ceremony was opened with the Lord’s Prayer followed by the hymns of the Republic of Armenia, Russia, and the Gevorkian Theological Seminary.  His Grace Bishop Gevorg Saroyan, Dean of the Gevorkian Theological Seminary and Rector of the Religious Educational Institutions of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin; gave his opening remarks. "This day signifies yet another crucial juncture in the spiritual relations of a lifelong history between our nations, connected by faith, history, culture and a pure worldview. It is of utmost importance for us to educate the faithful servants of our church, as those are the people who will greatly contribute to the revival and prosperity of our Christian world through their devotion, faith and patriotism. We are positive that the agreement between the two institutes will contribute to the reinforcement and development of the relations between the seminaries and will open new horizons for future cooperation", His Grace stated in part.

http://www.armenianchurch.org/index.jsp?sid=3&nid=2380&y=2013&m=4&d=16&lng=en

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:25:58 AM by Salpy » Logged

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:37:53 AM »

OK.  The picture I posted is really big.  How do I make it smaller?

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:39:30 AM »

to answer your question, use

Code:
[img width=(insert width here) height=(height)]url of image[/img]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:40:54 AM by TheMathematician » Logged

SCREW BON JOVI!
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »

What would I put for width and height?

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:59:54 AM »

What would I put for width and height?

300 to 500 usually works.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »

Thanks!  I learned something new today.  Smiley

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 03:21:35 AM »

Axios for the hierarchs. LOL for the Patriotism.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:37 AM »

I keep forgetting what the Armenian monastic headdress is called, but I love it.  I'd want to wear that everywhere. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 04:18:24 AM »

More seriously, I'm very glad to read this.  Do the Armenian and Russian Churches enjoy especially good relations? 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »

More seriously, I'm very glad to read this.  Do the Armenian and Russian Churches enjoy especially good relations? 

ROFLMAO!

Not that I know of.  In fact.l.i wonder who DOES have a good relationship with Russia....anyone?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »

Yes. I don't remember the details, but there's been a fair amount of cooperation in recent years on various questions. Historically, Russia has been friendly to Armenia and helped defend Armenia against the Persians. Of course Russia could also be very domineering over its protectorates, but I'm not sure if the situation was the same in Armenia as it was, say, in Georgia.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »

Christ is risen!

ROFLMAO!

Not that I know of.  In fact.l.i wonder who DOES have a good relationship with Russia....anyone?
Uh, Serbs, Father.

and Christian Arabs.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Aram

Faith: Armenian Church

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »

ROFLMAO!

Not that I know of. 
Yes, they do, actually.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »

ROFLMAO!

Not that I know of. 
Yes, they do, actually.

No lie, this is actually shocking to me.  I've met many Armenians in my lifetime accross the nation & i've NEVER heard a single one of them have anything nice or good to say about Russia or the MP. 

I'm willing to believe i'm wrong here, just was speaking out of my own personal experience.  I should have said that in the beginning. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »

Christ is risen!

ROFLMAO!

Uh, Serbs, Father.

and Christian Arabs.

I was being semi-funny...or at least trying to be...lol. 

I honestly never liked the "big brother Russia" relationship with Serbia.  As for Christian Arabs...not gonna lie, that's a shocker as well.  Learning all kinds of interesting things today. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Aram

Faith: Armenian Church

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »

ROFLMAO!

Not that I know of. 
Yes, they do, actually.

No lie, this is actually shocking to me.  I've met many Armenians in my lifetime accross the nation & i've NEVER heard a single one of them have anything nice or good to say about Russia or the MP. 

I'm willing to believe i'm wrong here, just was speaking out of my own personal experience.  I should have said that in the beginning. 
Anecdotes are not always indicative of reality. Nor do I really think the average layperson (or even local clergyman) is probably aware of the longstanding warm and fraternal bonds between the two churches, especially in the post-Soviet era.

The Catholicos and the Patriarch of Moscow have enjoyed several very warm and cordial visits in Russia and Armenia. When Pat. Kirill was elevated, the Catholicos was rather prominently in attendance, and the MP has sent similar delegations to major church events in Armenia. There are many Armenian parishes in Russia that serve the rather large Armenian population there, many of whom have moved to Russia over the past 10 to 15 years for largely economic reasons. There are even several MP parishes in Armenia, which predominantly cater to Russian soldiers and various ex-pats. The link between the two countries is particularly personal for the Catholicos, as he not only studied in Russia for a time, but his brother (also a bishop) is the primate of the Armenian Diocese of Russia, and resides in Moscow.

So, yes, to answer your original question, the churches do "enjoy especially good relations."
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »

Thanks!  I learned something new today.  Smiley

Axios for asking that question!

I too learned something. Now where to store it.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »

ROFLMAO!

Not that I know of. 
Yes, they do, actually.

A century ago, relations were not good.  The last Czar was repressive, and he even confiscated Armenian Church property.  Things now are different and, as Aram said, the two Churches have warm relations.

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 12:35:56 AM »

I keep forgetting what the Armenian monastic headdress is called, but I love it.  I'd want to wear that everywhere. 

I'm glad you like it.   Smiley

Here's a thread about it:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,25690.0.html#top

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 03:33:01 AM »

Thanks!  I learned something new today.  Smiley

Salpy, use only one measure as using both might affect the aspect ratio. Choose either the height or width to control, unless of course you want to change or don't care about the aspect ratio.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:33:31 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags: unity ecumenism 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: