OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 08:19:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope Francis says atheists are going to heaven  (Read 6560 times) Average Rating: 0
jwinch2

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »

I like the new pope more and more. First castigating capitalism, then making overtures to atheists. Not that bad. Plus it's also good he really irks those people that care about lace cottas. Not that i care, but most of them deserved to be annoyed.
lol you should hear my coworker complaining about how "humble" he is and misses the elegance of the Vatican when Benedict was in the chair.

Yeah I like the new pope too, but of course I remain skeptical on any reform he wants to introduce.

To be fair, being humble does not necessarily mean refusal to wear the finery which comes along with one's station in life.  It might be more appropriate to think about it as denial of self will.  In the Catholic Tradition, both St. Elizabeth of Hungary and St. Thomas More wished to dress in a more simple fashion but were unable to do so because of the positions that they held, which demanded a certain level of dress.  In order to do this and work on their humility, they wore the nice clothes along with a hair shirt underneath of them, which they told no one about.  What would be more humble on the part of Pope Francis, to do as he is doing, or to wear some of the things which come with the office (which is contrary to his own will by the way), and perhaps do something to make them uncomfortable, wear a hair shirt, put a rock in his shoe, etc.?  

As for any potential reforms, me too.  
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 11:29:15 PM »

To be fair, being humble does not necessarily mean refusal to wear the finery which comes along with one's station in life.
Well of course I don't disagree.

And look at all the wealth that is poured into our churches for the iconography, church buildings, vestments, etc. Hardly "humble" either.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
jwinch2

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »

To be fair, being humble does not necessarily mean refusal to wear the finery which comes along with one's station in life.
Well of course I don't disagree.

And look at all the wealth that is poured into our churches for the iconography, church buildings, vestments, etc. Hardly "humble" either.

To me, it is in fact a form of humility.  We are giving the best we have to God, inadequate though it may be.  We recognize our lowliness compared to Him and wish to glorify Him as best as we are able.  We have lost much of that concept in the West since Vatican II and it is something which I hope we fix sooner rather than later.  In the Catholic Tradition, when Mother Teresa of Calcutta was asked about the chalice of precious metal, etc. in their chapel, she replied that even the poorest of the poor deserved to give the best we had to God.  That has always stuck with me for some reason.

Also, I apologize if I came across as snarky in my post above.  I have been going back and forth with the "humbler than thou" Catholics since the election of the Pope, and it is wearing on me.   
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »

I have been going back and forth with the "humbler than thou" Catholics since the election of the Pope, and it is wearing on me.   

Where on earth do you do this?

Wherever that is, move.

How is the more of a problem than the crypto-evo obsession around here about the gays and the outright hatred of Muslims?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 12:06:15 AM »

Its gotta be tough to be truly humble as Pope because everything you do gets reported and analyzed with tons of people commenting on how humble you are.  If people were constantly telling me how humble I was, I'm pretty sure that would go to my head quickly.  I'm sure that many of the actions that Pope Francis does he does not mean for the public to see, but then you've have the media showing him doing it and commenting on it exhaustively.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
lovesupreme
High Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »

Its gotta be tough to be truly humble as Pope because everything you do gets reported and analyzed with tons of people commenting on how humble you are.  If people were constantly telling me how humble I was, I'm pretty sure that would go to my head quickly.  I'm sure that many of the actions that Pope Francis does he does not mean for the public to see, but then you've have the media showing him doing it and commenting on it exhaustively.

Indeed. Lord have mercy on Pope Francis!
adampjr
Karamazov

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

Penguin

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 01:02:51 AM »

I must say, I have to pick my chin off the floor after reading this. 

Is it just me or is it sounding like Pope Francis is a universalist?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/pope-francis-good-atheists_n_3320757.html

He emphatically did not say atheists are going to heaven. Not even close.
jwinch2

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »

For what its worth, I think Pope Francis' comment "Someone can object, 'But I don't believe, Father, I'm an atheist.' But do good and we'll meet there...".  should simply be taken to mean: let's meet in the doing of good works, and we can come to know each other better, and that can serve as a starting point for other dialogue

The whole thing is much ado about nothing in my view. 
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

I like the new pope more and more. First castigating capitalism, then making overtures to atheists. Not that bad. Plus it's also good he really irks those people that care about lace cottas. Not that i care, but most of them deserved to be annoyed.
lol you should hear my coworker complaining about how "humble" he is and misses the elegance of the Vatican when Benedict was in the chair.

Yeah I like the new pope too, but of course I remain skeptical on any reform he wants to introduce.
I do not think that Pope Francis will attempt to push any reform through officially. Rather, I think that he wants to call RCs and others towards a deeper relationship with Christ through orthopraxis and service.

The moment that really warmed me up to Pope Francis was his off the cuff embrace of a disabled boy; it's particular poignant for those of us who have disabled family members who are all too often marginalized and neglected by society.

The video can be found here, for anyone who's interested: http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2013/04/02/popes-embrace-viral/17633/

Gee, it he were only Orthodox, but then again he wouldn't be pope.....
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »

My hopes for Pope Francis is that he does for Latin America what Pope John Paul II did for Eastern Europe, getting rid of the hegemonic marxist third-world discourse in religion and of liberation theology specifically.

Also, I'd like to see less Carnival and party masses and, if not traditional ones, at least more truly liturgical forms of Novus Ordo Missae. Recently, a priest was excomunicated here in Brazil for defending open "marriage", homossexual "marriage" and other aberrations. I think it's a great sign. All those are true steps toward union.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brazilian-priest-excommunicated-for-heresy-for-denying-catholic-teaching-on/

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:44:24 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2013, 06:36:24 PM »

Also, I'd like to see less Carnival and party masses and, if not traditional ones, at least more truly liturgical forms of Novus Ordo Missae.

I guess you don't know much about Pope Francis, then.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »

My hopes for Pope Francis is that he does for Latin America what Pope John Paul II did for Eastern Europe, getting rid of the hegemonic marxist third-world discourse in religion and of liberation theology specifically.

You may be disappointed, Fabio. Only yesterday I came across a report that the examination for sainthood of an RC cleric (his name escapes me) who proclaimed liberation theology which had been suspended during the time of Pope Benedict has now resumed.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:58 PM »

You may be disappointed, Fabio. Only yesterday I came across a report that the examination for sainthood of an RC cleric (his name escapes me) who proclaimed liberation theology which had been suspended during the time of Pope Benedict has now resumed.
One more reason to like this pope. Probably trying to make up for less than ideal behaviour during Videla's dictatorship.
lovesupreme
High Elder

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2013, 08:47:20 PM »

For what its worth, I think Pope Francis' comment "Someone can object, 'But I don't believe, Father, I'm an atheist.' But do good and we'll meet there...".  should simply be taken to mean: let's meet in the doing of good works, and we can come to know each other better, and that can serve as a starting point for other dialogue.

This was my immediate interpretation as well.
jwinch2

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

For what its worth, I think Pope Francis' comment "Someone can object, 'But I don't believe, Father, I'm an atheist.' But do good and we'll meet there...".  should simply be taken to mean: let's meet in the doing of good works, and we can come to know each other better, and that can serve as a starting point for other dialogue.

This was my immediate interpretation as well.

Let us hope that we are correct in our understanding then.

God bless,
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »

Why does your faith status say Romanian Orthodox?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 11:35:55 PM »

It's where I pay the church tax.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 11:39:26 PM »

I want a cigar.

Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)

Most Holy Theotokos Save Us!

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2013, 12:44:19 AM »

Pope Francis allowed the canonization process for Oscar Romero to continue.

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2013, 01:02:11 AM »

You have to pay a church tax to go to heaven?   Huh
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »

Heaven? That's "pie-in-the-sky" silliness for gullible fools.

Church tax is what you pay in order to mock them with a clean conscience and still get a proper Orthodox funeral.

There's also weddings and baptisms - for those who buy into the capitalist "family" myth.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:42:14 AM by Romaios » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:48 AM »

Thanks. I was going to point that out earlier in the thread, but people think I am just hung up on words. And such things don't matter.

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2013, 07:07:54 AM »

Thanks. I was going to point that out earlier in the thread, but people think I am just hung up on words. And such things don't matter.

Is it Marxist or Christian dogmas that "don't matter"? Cuz "pie-in-the-sky" seems to be the Marxist dogma about Christian heaven.
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »

I'm not quite sure why are you guys allowed to mock Orthodoxy and Orthodox people in this manner on an Orthodox forum?!?!?!?!?

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »

I'm not quite sure why are you guys allowed to mock Orthodoxy and Orthodox people in this manner on an Orthodox forum?!?!?!?!?

Sometimes the pope should think before he opens his mouth....this removes a lot of controversy.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2013, 10:00:41 AM »

Sometimes the pope should think before he opens his mouth....this removes a lot of controversy.

I fail to see how this has anything to do with what Dpaula posted.  Huh Roll Eyes
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2013, 10:25:43 AM »

A question I have been pondering too. At first coming to this website I had harboured a suspicion that for some their faith might be likened to the Tea Party at Prayer. How foolish of me, more a case of the Humanist Society scoffing at what they in their conceit hold to be so. Or those whose agenda whether open or covert is to promote Marxist ideology. In any case while we reportedly have free speech in the Western World, this is not the place for such. There are other forums where I am sure they would be welcome.

Makes me recall a Jesuit scholar rebuking a student, don't confuse your cap size with your IQ.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »

I must say, I have to pick my chin off the floor after reading this. 

Is it just me or is it sounding like Pope Francis is a universalist?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/pope-francis-good-atheists_n_3320757.html

We're Orthodox, he's Heterodox.  What he says about much should matter little.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »

What are you talking about?

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »

Is it Marxist or Christian dogmas that "don't matter"? Cuz "pie-in-the-sky" seems to be the Marxist dogma about Christian heaven.

such things don't matter was referring to caring about words.

I am not sure what Christian heaven is. Most Christians would do well start to rid themselves of the word for a while. Romaios, you might be able to use such language and not carry the baggage it often does.

There is an age that has come is here and is coming. You know this. People start going on about heave and you get weird notions of disembodied "spiritual worlds" and radical discontinuity with creation as  it was and is.

You end up with what seems to me to be a Christianized Islamic notion of Paradise (to the degree I understand Islam).

Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »

This ^ , obviously.

And then what Romaios said about baptisms and marriages and funerals.
I mean how can you guys call yourself Orthodox if you don't believe and trust in what Orthodoxy teaches.
You guys are pro-gay, pro-choice, pro-atheists going to the pie in the sky...I just don't get it.
All you do is criticize Orthodox people for their beliefs, mock everyone who doesn't see it the way you guys see it and make fun of the Orthodox Church itself.
I just don't see anything "orthodox" in you.
But you claim your faith  is "Orthodox"....please!

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

This ^ , obviously.

You certainly didn't understand Romaios. Whose American usage is clearer than mine although it is his 6th language or something.

And certainly didn't understand me.

You would do well to read more of what people write before judging them.

Me, I could see having a problem with, but Romaios, is like walking polyglot encyclopedia of lotsa stuff, one of which is Orthodox.

There are more than a few of those around here. Thankfully, they won't care much what people say about them, cause in addition to knowing stuff they are good Christians as well.

And I don't Romaios fall into some atheist supporting, gay supporting, [fill in a group you don't like] supporting, guy.

He seems rather caring and very committed to the Church's teachings.

Sorry, but I like the guy a lot and don't want him tossed in with my lot. He deserves better.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »

You have to pay a church tax to go to heaven?   Huh

This ^ , obviously.

While you were jerking your knee, this happened:

such things don't matter was referring to caring about words.

I am not sure what Christian heaven is. Most Christians would do well start to rid themselves of the word for a while. Romaios, you might be able to use such language and not carry the baggage it often does.

There is an age that has come is here and is coming. You know this. People start going on about heave and you get weird notions of disembodied "spiritual worlds" and radical discontinuity with creation as  it was and is.

You end up with what seems to me to be a Christianized Islamic notion of Paradise (to the degree I understand Islam).

Do you see my point at all?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:02:21 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »

Their contributions are like soured milk, fit only to be discarded.

But their pathology is such that it is fruitless to to debate with them. Indeed I have now come across one Islamic scholar who could teach them how to have a scholarly debate without the pretensions, exaggerated sense of superiority and scepticism too often exhibited here. Whether or not you agree.

I don't know what Pope Francis meant, nor whether either his original words or the thinking behind them has been misinterpreted. That said, is it important given he is not an Orthodox bishop? And despite the very hard work of some thoughtful contributors here the sceptics seem to delight in trying to turn the thread into yet another 'knock about' session or metaphorically demonstrate how much higher they can pee up the wall than anyone else. Sad really.

As a child life in the playground experience taught me early which children you might play with or disagree with without risking harm and which ones never to be alone with. Sadly the latter even when grown up sometimes do not grow out of this mindset. And then give them the possibilities and anonymity of the Internet, their pseudo courage knows no bounds. Add into that a confusion in their minds between cap size and IQ, and the challenges multiply.

Ignore them. And in my clinical experience the problem will get worse before it gets better, but if you stick with the strategy things will change.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:25:18 AM by Santagranddad » Logged
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

Quote from: orthonorm
And I don't Romaios fall into some atheist supporting, gay supporting, [fill in a group you don't like] supporting, guy.

Sorry, but I like the guy a lot and don't want him tossed in with my lot. He deserves better.

Hey, I'm no better than anybody here, nor do I have more faith, just because in my posts I seem committed to what our Church teaches. That's what I choose and want to believe, but I struggle often enough with unbelief, frustration, vain glory and all the heap of human misery.

I'm sorry that what I posted here triggered a fratricidal bashing campaign. I threw the bad seed...      
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »

Quote from: orthonorm

Hey, I'm no better than anybody here, nor do I have more faith, just because in my posts I seem committed to what our Church teaches. That's what I choose and want to believe, but I struggle often enough with unbelief, frustration, vain glory and all the heap of human misery.

I'm sorry that what I posted here triggered a fratricidal bashing campaign. I threw the bad seed...      

Just what the sorta person I described would say.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:06 AM »

Ignore them. And in my clinical experience the problem will get worse before it gets better, but if you stick with the strategy things will change.

I think you are diagnosing the wrong folks.

Since there is nearly zero reward in anything I do, there is no reason to alter much of what I do based on the reaction of nearly anyone.

Now, those who seem keen to enjoy getting upset and responding like yourself and others, might find a peak in frustration as they realize responding with low content posts which increasing become merely attacks on my person have no punishing nor rewarding effect on my behavior, and thus must refrain from posting when and what they wish they could.

In my experience, the frustration does get much worse, but the good news is that is practically disappears once you get the worst of it.

Best of luck. Really, not being bothered by me is small milestone on a long road to health.

jwinch2

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 11:54:51 AM »

I don't know what Pope Francis meant, nor whether either his original words or the thinking behind them has been misinterpreted. That said, is it important given he is not an Orthodox bishop? And despite the very hard work of some thoughtful contributors here the sceptics seem to delight in trying to turn the thread into yet another 'knock about' session or metaphorically demonstrate how much higher they can pee up the wall than anyone else. Sad really.

For what its worth, this is a pretty decent commentary on the situation vis-a-vie Pope Francis. 

http://jimmyakin.com/2013/05/did-pope-francis-say-that-atheists-can-get-to-heaven-by-good-works.html

Occasionally, I have some differences with Akin on his interpretation of things, but he seems to be pretty much on the mark this time around. 
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »

For what its worth, this is a pretty decent commentary on the situation vis-a-vie Pope Francis. 

http://jimmyakin.com/2013/05/did-pope-francis-say-that-atheists-can-get-to-heaven-by-good-works.html

Occasionally, I have some differences with Akin on his interpretation of things, but he seems to be pretty much on the mark this time around. 

I fail to see any of the problems with the remarks here.

Pretty traditional stuff. He just has a good brand as the soulless would say.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »

Calm down folks. The jab was directed at what I wrote about the church tax. yawn
Surnaturel

Faith: Roman Catholic

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 01:40:26 PM »

I do not think that Pope Francis will attempt to push any reform through officially. Rather, I think that he wants to call RCs and others towards a deeper relationship with Christ through orthopraxis and service.

The moment that really warmed me up to Pope Francis was his off the cuff embrace of a disabled boy; it's particular poignant for those of us who have disabled family members who are all too often marginalized and neglected by society.

The video can be found here, for anyone who's interested: http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2013/04/02/popes-embrace-viral/17633/

Gee, it he were only Orthodox, but then again he wouldn't be pope.....
what....
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »

This ^ , obviously.

I mean how can you guys call yourself Orthodox if you don't believe and trust in what Orthodoxy teaches.
You guys are pro-gay, pro-choice, pro-atheists going to the pie in the sky...I just don't get it.
All you do is criticize Orthodox people for their beliefs, mock everyone who doesn't see it the way you guys see it and make fun of the Orthodox Church itself.
I just don't see anything "orthodox" in you.
But you claim your faith  is "Orthodox"....please!

Paula, you didn't get it. He was most likely obliquely referring to me, as if that accurately describes my beliefs or whatever. but, it's not that terrible , is it, to at least wanna be buried like a christian even if you didn't quite live like one? it further points out to the cultural hegemony christianity still holds.
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

Paula, you didn't get it. He was most likely obliquely referring to me, as if that accurately describes my beliefs or whatever.

I'll add "Loxias" to my coat of arms!

I'd be glad to learn that my description wasn't accurate.

but, it's not that terrible , is it, to at least wanna be buried like a christian even if you didn't quite live like one? it further points out to the cultural hegemony christianity still holds.

"If salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot."
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »

"If salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot."

Hey, welcome to crazy land:

How does salt lose its saltiness?

. . . .

The first question that must be addressed is this. What is the chemical composition of the salt? Is it table salt, NaCl? For the sake of this argument, we’ll assume that Jesus is speaking of table salt.

http://deneenwhite.com/2007/01/06/how-does-salt-lose-its-saltiness/

Enjoy!

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »

Paula, you didn't get it. He was most likely obliquely referring to me, as if that accurately describes my beliefs or whatever.

I'll add "Loxias" to my coat of arms!

I'd be glad to learn that my description wasn't accurate.

but, it's not that terrible , is it, to at least wanna be buried like a christian even if you didn't quite live like one? it further points out to the cultural hegemony christianity still holds.

Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God'
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: