OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 12:11:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslims that have converted to Chtistianity  (Read 3217 times) Average Rating: 0
andrewlya
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christianity is not a religion,it is a relationship with God

Christian all my life and is still learning

« on: May 18, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

Hi all, what I'd like to know is whether there are any Christian converts from Islam on this forum?

I've spoken to a Muslim friend just recently who was surprised that some Muslims convert to Christianity. Also, some Muslims believe that statements made by ex Muslims that converted to Christianity are made up/false claims.

If there are any converts on this forum ,please tell me how you came to become a Christian.

I also understand that for the reason of reprisals ex-Muslims keep it quiet, but if possible state what your ethnicity is, country of origin/present country etc.

I am highly interested in knowing this.

Thank you very much, God bless in Christ.

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 02:54:23 PM »

Hi all, what I'd like to know is whether there are any Christian converts from Islam on this forum?

I've spoken to a Muslim friend just recently who was surprised that some Muslims convert to Christianity. Also, some Muslims believe that statements made by ex Muslims that converted to Christianity are made up/false claims.

If there are any converts on this forum ,please tell me how you came to become a Christian.

I also understand that for the reason of reprisals ex-Muslims keep it quiet, but if possible state what your ethnicity is, country of origin/present country etc.

there are, but since I'm not one of them, I'll let them talk.  Two in particular post rather regularly.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »

Thank you.

I'd love to hear from them because Muslims sort of deny the possibility of Muslims converting to Christianity, so would love to hear some stories from true Christian converts from Islam and the reason why.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:56:52 PM by andrewlya » Logged

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »

Thank you.

I'd love to hear from them because Muslims sort of deny the possibility of Muslims converting to Christianity, so would love to hear some stories from true Christian converts from Islam and the reason why.

Historical examples are not enough for them? There's for example

St. Ahmed the Calligrapher.
andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »

Thank you.

Wow, interesting!

peacenprayer

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOMT

ting ting ting

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »

Thank you.

Look at him in that icon. "See? I have a cross here and everything. You argument is invalid." Tongue

Chanter, Blacksmith, Tailor, Captain of the Guard. ...I made the last one up.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »

In a way, I'm surprised that your friend would find it so surprising, Andrewiya. Muslims convert to Christianity all the time, but I guess in another way, it's not surprising, since Muslims are still very committed to their idea that their religion is the only one that anyone would ever want to be in, so anyone who converts from it to another must be crazy/stupid/opportunistic/etc. Anyway, you don't even have to look for historical examples. Pretty much the entire home church movement in Iran is made up of ex-Muslims (as opposed to the ancient Armenian and Assyrian churches that are native to Iran, the home churches are almost all native "ethnic Muslim" converts; please see the film "A Cry From Iran" for some information about that). There are also famous individual converts, like Mohamed Hegazy and Bahaa el-Din Ahmed Hussein el-Akkad in Egypt, or Lina Joy in Malaysia. There are lots of converts to Christianity from Islam (virtually everyone in my church knows at least one, though I've only met ex-Muslim atheists personally), though most of them try to keep a low profile, for obvious reasons.

Any Muslim who tells you that people don't really convert from Islam, or that converts are all fakes or opportunists is just trying to nurse their wounded pride. Don't bother with such people.

jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 04:25:01 AM »

I will not say that it don't happen that Muslims become Christian but I do know you can go on youtube and see hundreds of fake Muslim converts to Christian. There are things in Islam that just are not known to the public. You could read the Quran 100 times and never know such things. That's how Muslims know their fake.
andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 05:39:16 AM »

There will be probably the same amount on youtube false claims from fake Christian converts to Islam...I just don't see the need for this, it is sort of sad that people do it in a fake way to show something..

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »

I will not say that it don't happen that Muslims become Christian but I do know you can go on youtube and see hundreds of fake Muslim converts to Christian. There are things in Islam that just are not known to the public. You could read the Quran 100 times and never know such things. That's how Muslims know their fake.
and we are going to take a Jewish voice on that?

Any examples you can offer of "fake" Muslim converts to Christianity?  Because finding exposed fake Christian conversions to Islam is quite easy, e.g.:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Hoaxes/abuishaq.html

The knowledge of Muslims of Islam in general isn't so high, so even those born in Muslim families in Muslim countries wouldn't know the things you are alluding to, let alone be able to spot.

Btw, Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, all his descendants are/were Christian (I understand that one has apostacized and become Parsi, his father's original religion).

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »

Any examples you can offer of "fake" Muslim converts to Christianity?  Because finding exposed fake Christian conversions to Islam is quite easy, e.g.:

The knowledge of Muslims of Islam in general isn't so high, so even those born in Muslim families in Muslim countries wouldn't know the things you are alluding to, let alone be able to spot.

Btw, Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, all his descendants are/were Christian (I understand that one has apostacized and become Parsi, his father's original religion).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRDyOaCJ3t0 Muslim calling the guy out as a fake  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYaFU9EDUEI Christian pastor and an Syrian Christian  calling this guy out.

Ialmisry thought you could have done better than this with your response  I know you can do better than this
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »

Your response is totally irrelevant to the question.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »

I am a convert to Christianity from Islam. I converted almost 20 years ago.  angel

jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »

how so when the op asked and said about fake ones I was just point out you can go to youtube to see this and why some Muslims are shocked from it. maybe you were Muslim maybe you were not  maybe your statements is more irrelevant as it's just your own statement so wheres the proof
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »

how so when the op asked and said about fake ones I was just point out you can go to youtube to see this and why some Muslims are shocked from it. maybe you were Muslim maybe you were not  maybe your statements is more irrelevant as it's just your own statement so wheres the proof

To remind you of the question:

Your answer is irrelevant to this question.  Grin

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »

how so when the op asked and said about fake ones I was just point out you can go to youtube to see this and why some Muslims are shocked from it. maybe you were Muslim maybe you were not  maybe your statements is more irrelevant as it's just your own statement so wheres the proof

Where is the proof that you are Jewish indeed rather than a Muslim in disguise?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:31:21 AM by Theophilos78 » Logged

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »

I am a convert to Christianity from Islam. I converted almost 20 years ago.  angel

How did your Muslim family, friends and state reacted to that?
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »

Here's my conversion testimony:

http://journeytoorthodoxy.com/2010/05/12/my-conversion-from-islam-to-orthodoxy-by-masud-masihiyyen/

andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »

That is true,it is not what I asked about in this topic.

jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »

how so when the op asked and said about fake ones I was just point out you can go to youtube to see this and why some Muslims are shocked from it. maybe you were Muslim maybe you were not  maybe your statements is more irrelevant as it's just your own statement so wheres the proof

Where is the proof that you are Jewish indeed rather than a Muslim in disguise?  Roll Eyes

funny that you should say that ...... Really since Muslims and Jews now days don't fight over the oneness of G-d Allah (swt) I did read your story. What are these Islamic rituals through out the day that you speak of but didn't go into detail on 
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »

Why the Islamic honorifics after writing Allah, "Jewish" voice? You speak Arabic, or are just shilling for Islam?  Roll Eyes

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »

I was a practicing Muslim for nearly 10 years; president of the Muslim Students Association at the local University.  I helped fund/start an international da'wah group with offices in Pakistan, Turkey and USA.  Thank God it was disbanded.  I converted to Christianity 9 years ago. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 12:45:58 PM »

Why the Islamic honorifics after writing Allah, "Jewish" voice? You speak Arabic, or are just shilling for Islam?  Roll Eyes
   NVM  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:55:09 PM by jewish voice » Logged
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »

This is a Convert Issues Forum. It is expected that a person who is not an orthodox christian may ask questions pertaining to orthodoxy for answers from Orthodox Christian forum members as such it is also expected that a person who is not an orthodox christian may not challenge a poster who responds appropriately to a topic presented. The question posed was a good question however Jewish Voice challenge to the responses is an example of an inappropriate response to the topic question.

Thomas
 Convert Issues Forum Moderator

Postscript. I do not recognize the abbreviation NVM please post in full meaning of the abbreviation.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:35:41 PM by Thomas » Logged

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

This is a Convert Issues Forum. It is expected that a person who is not an orthodox christian may ask questions pertaining to orthodoxy for answers from Orthodox Christian forum members as such it is also expected that a person who is not an orthodox christian may not challenge a poster who responds appropriately to a topic presented. The question posed was a good question however Jewish Voice challenge to the responses is an example of an inappropriate response to the topic question.

Thomas

Postscript. I do not recognize the abbreviation NVM please post in full meaning of the abbreviation.
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/n/f/What-Is-NVM.htm  means Never Mind
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »

Why the Islamic honorifics after writing Allah, "Jewish" voice? You speak Arabic, or are just shilling for Islam?  Roll Eyes
Probably because he is a "Jew" whose main temple is in Mecca rather than in Jerusalem.  Grin

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

funny that you should say that ...... Really since Muslims and Jews now days don't fight over the oneness of G-d Allah (swt)

Untrue. The Qur'an designates not only Christians, but also Jews as polytheists as the Jews were accused by Muhammad of calling Ezra the Son of God.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Responses/Saifullah/ezra.htm

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 02:25:12 PM »

What are these Islamic rituals through out the day that you speak of but didn't go into detail on 

It seems that you did not read my testimony or failed to read it properly. Cite my sentence so that I can understand better what you mean.

jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »

Probably because he is a "Jew" whose main temple is in Mecca rather than in Jerusalem.  Grin
You mean Mekkah more and more you talk the less you seam to ever been Muslim. it's also Qur'an not Koran. Muslims haven't used that spelling in years how you can spot a fake Muslim
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »

funny that you should say that ...... Really since Muslims and Jews now days don't fight over the oneness of G-d Allah (swt)

Untrue. The Qur'an designates not only Christians, but also Jews as polytheists as the Jews were accused by Muhammad of calling Ezra the Son of God.

I said "NOW " days as the Ezra sect has been long gone. Is it not true if a Muslim is in travel that if no halal food is found he can eat Kosher? is it not also true that if a Jew is traveling and he needs a place to pray the Masjid is open to him to do so. isn't Allah also a Hebrew word. Muslims can't eat Christians food or go into their place of worship. Nor can a Jew. How come I seam to know more about Islam than you do??
 You ignored direct moderator's request. Taking this into account as well as your multiple past violations of many forum rules I am putting you under moderation for 40 days. If you want to discuss Judaism or Islam do it in Religious Topics - MK.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:38:04 PM by jewish voice » Logged
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »

You mean Mekkah more and more you talk the less you seam to ever been Muslim. it's also Qur'an not Koran. Muslims haven't used that spelling in years how you can spot a fake Muslim

There is no Mekkah in English!  laugh

Your conclusion is logically flawed as it is based on the use of languages. Writing Koran or Mecca in English does not prove that I was not a Muslim before my conversion. It is similar to claiming that Muhammad was not actually Arab because he used the Greek version of some Biblical names (for instance, Elias) in the Qur'an.  laugh

The more you speak, the faster you reveal your addiction to fallacy.

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »

I said "NOW " days as the Ezra sect has been long gone.

NOW it's obvious that you are not a Jew. No sane Jew would believe in or propagate this historically baseless and stupid Muslim theory! There has never been an Ezra sect! I have caught you lying!  laugh

Is it not true if a Muslim is in travel that if no halal food is found he can eat Kosher? is it not also true that if a Jew is traveling and he needs a place to pray the Masjid is open to him to do so. isn't Allah also a Hebrew word. 

What does this have to do with your previous argument concerning the oneness of God? You are too good at the fallacy of red herring to be a true Jew.  Grin

Muslims can't Christians food or go into their place of worship. Nor can a Jew. How come I seam to know more about Islam than you do??

Jews cannot eat Muslim food either when Muslims have only camel meat to offer. How come I seem to know the Leviticus better than you, a supposed Jew?  Grin

jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »

Your conclusion is logically flawed as it is based on the use of languages. Writing Koran or Mecca in English does not prove that I was not a Muslim before my conversion. It is similar to claiming that Muhammad was not actually Arab because he used the Greek version of some Biblical names (for instance, Elias) in the Qur'an.  laugh

Your most likely like that dude I posted the video on hear a few Islamic words and tickle the other Christians ears with. riddle me this batman and it better be fast cause i'll know if you googled it. How many stones
andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »

It is true, I've read it myself in the Qur'an.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:19:41 PM by andrewlya » Logged

andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 03:26:10 PM »

I said "NOW " days as the Ezra sect has been long gone. Is it not true if a Muslim is in travel that if no halal food is found he can eat Kosher? is it not also true that if a Jew is traveling and he needs a place to pray the Masjid is open to him to do so. isn't Allah also a Hebrew word. Muslims can't eat Christians food or go into their place of worship. Nor can a Jew. How come I seam to know more about Islam than you do??
 You ignored direct moderator's request. Taking this into account as well as your multiple past violations of many forum rules I am putting you under moderation for 40 days. If you want to discuss Judaism or Islam do it in Religious Topics - MK.

Yes, the Ezra sect may have long gone, but in the Qur'an was not specific on the sect, the Book generally states that the Jews ascribe Ezra as a "partner" to Allah. I know it,I've read it.

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »

Yes, the Ezra sect may have long gone, but in the Qur'an was not specific on the sect, the Book generally states that the Jews ascribe Ezra as a "partner" to Allah. I know it,I've read it.

No true Jew would buy the Ezra sect theory. It's obvious that the "Jewish" voice is propagating modern Muslim theories against Judaism to defend the Qur'an here.

andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »

Your most likely like that dude I posted the video on hear a few Islamic words and tickle the other Christians ears with. riddle me this batman and it better be fast cause i'll know if you googled it. How many stones

The Jewish Voice, I've wanted to ask you what you are doing on this forum?

You don't seem to be interested in taking up Orthodoxy as much as you are interested to just refute different points we make on this forum...why do that,what are you trying to achieve by this?

andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »

No true Jew would buy the Ezra sect theory. It's obvious that the "Jewish" voice is propagating modern Muslim theories against Judaism to defend the Qur'an here.

Could it be then some sort of Quranic contradiction stating that the Jews ascribe Ezra as a "partner" to Allah just like Quran states that Christians consider Mary as a God?

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRDyOaCJ3t0 Muslim calling the guy out as a fake  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYaFU9EDUEI Christian pastor and an Syrian Christian  calling this guy out.

Ialmisry thought you could have done better than this with your response  I know you can do better than this
Evidently you can't: your youtube seems ignorant of the fact that most Turks (at least in the Turkish Republic) are-at least nominally-Muslim. And most-like most Muslims-do not speak Arabic, nor can they pronounce it correctly.

No need on my part to dwell on it. The OP wanted former Muslims, and I'm not one.  I just know a number, and of their existence.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »

That is true,it is not what I asked about in this topic.
"Jewish" voice wants us to believe that no Muslim converts.  Unfortunately for him, we can't pander to his insecurities as we know plenty who have.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »

or someone, like Theophilos, who speaks English fluently.

Koran is an acceptable spelling to former Muslims, if that is what you mean by "fake Muslim."

andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »

Could it be then some sort of Quranic contradiction stating that the Jews ascribe Ezra as a "partner" to Allah just like Quran states that Christians consider Mary as a God?

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »

This is a possibility, but I personally tend to believe that this weird accusation targeting the Jews was deliberate as Muhammad needed to present Jews along with Christians as a community that associated partners with God. Note the structure and parallelism in that verse. Both groups are blamed for the same reason, only the name changing (Jews consider Ezra the Son of God whilst Christians consider Isa the Son of God...).

In short, it is more a slander than a contradiction or historical blunder IMO.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:03:23 PM by Theophilos78 » Logged

Samn!
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »

Here are some accounts of Muslim conversions to Christianity, from various sources:

One in Kuwait, presumably to Protestantism: http://araborthodoxy.blogspot.com/2010/10/kuwaiti-converts-to-christianity.html

Conversions from Islam to Orthodoxy in Turkey: http://araborthodoxy.blogspot.com/2010/05/conversions-to-orthodoxy-in-turkey.html

A British da'i who became Orthodox: http://araborthodoxy.blogspot.com/2010/02/muslim-preacher-converts-to-orthodoxy.html
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »

Everyone please stay on topic the question is:' Hi all, what I'd like to know is whether there are any Christian converts from Islam on this forum?'

THE ONLY ANSWERS THAT NEED TO COME ARE FROM THOSE WHO ARE: "...any Christian converts from Islam on this forum?"

In Christ,
Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: