OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 15, 2014, 05:28:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice On Where to Print Hundreds of Pages at a Time?  (Read 2227 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:22:20 PM »

I have found a lot of pdf books that I am interested in printing. The problem is, I really don't want to print hundreds upon hundreds of pages on my own printer. Any advice as to where I can print them for a reasonable price?

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
WPM
Warned
Archon

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »

You might try the Xerox store or find of those large copy printers.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »

Looks like you have 3 options:

Option 1: Staples, Office Depot, FedEx Kinko's all have computers where you can sit down, open your file (PDF, Word, etc.) and print.  Black and White costs about 50 cents a page.  Color costs about 70 cents a page.

Option 2:  University library.  The ones in my neck of the woods charge about 10-15 cents a page for black and white (20-25 cents for color).  Much cheaper than Option 1.

Option 3: Commercial printer - their prices may be cheaper than Option 2 depending on how many pages you want printed.

Do you want any binding?
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 12:46:17 AM »

Are they public domain? Otherwise you are committing a crime or so they tell me.

Even if they are, then it is probably less expensive to just buy the book rather than printing hundreds of high contrast, eye-straining, non-bound pages.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 01:52:12 AM »

I would be interested in finding this out too. I would like to get a library of classical chanting books started, but I don't quite have the money to be importing reprints of these books (which by now are most assuredly public domain) from Greece.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:52:53 AM by Cavaradossi » Logged

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »

If there are only a couple of books, you might try a self publishing company like Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/calculators/bookCalc.php?cid=publish_book). It costs $6.40 for a 100 page US letter size bound book; $5.25 for smaller size books.

If you are going to do this a lot, buy an inexpensive monochrome laser printer (new or used) with duplex printing.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »

Wouldn't buying an e-eader be a good alternative?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:37:57 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »

I have found a lot of pdf books that I am interested in printing. The problem is, I really don't want to print hundreds upon hundreds of pages on my own printer. Any advice as to where I can print them for a reasonable price?

I did this once at the UPS store.  It ended up costing like 30 bucks.  I should have just ordered the book used on amazon.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

Frankly none render pdfs well in my opinion.

Better to get a small notebook, probably cheaper as well.

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »

Option 1: Staples, Office Depot, FedEx Kinko's all have computers where you can sit down, open your file (PDF, Word, etc.) and print.  Black and White costs about 50 cents a page.  Color costs about 70 cents a page.

Option 2:  University library.  The ones in my neck of the woods charge about 10-15 cents a page for black and white (20-25 cents for color).  Much cheaper than Option 1.

Option 3: Commercial printer - their prices may be cheaper than Option 2 depending on how many pages you want printed.

Do you want any binding?
Hmm... I'm not sure. I think I may be able to handle doing the binding all on my own.

Are they public domain?

Even if they are, then it is probably less expensive to just buy the book rather than printing hundreds of high contrast, eye-straining, non-bound pages.
Yes, I assume they are "public domain."

Otherwise you are committing a crime or so they tell me.
This is what I was thinking too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:32:18 PM by Severian » Logged

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »

Meh. I don't really like them. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer bound books. Plus, a lot of the books I have in mind are language workbooks that involve writing in the pages (like the one you gave me), so an e-reader wouldn't work.

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »

Do you want any binding?
Hmm... I'm not sure. I think I may be able to handle doing the binding all on my own.

Are they public domain?

Yes, I assume they are "public domain."

This is what I was thinking too.
I misquoted the wrong part of Orthonorm's post in reply #9.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:00:39 PM by Severian » Logged

Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »

I had ~650 pages printed for a chanting book at Staples and it was only $63 in black and white (so I guess $0.10 a page?). Spiral bound very nicely. I would definitely print with them again.

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »

I had ~650 pages printed for a chanting book at Staples and it was only $63 in black and white (so I guess $0.10 a page?). Spiral bound very nicely. I would definitely print with them again.

In Christ,
Andrew

Only $63?

OK. I can buy relatively uncommon texts which are not mass market items for much less.

Opus' suggestion might work. I would just be wary of the binding.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »

Meh. I don't really like them. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer bound books. Plus, a lot of the books I have in mind are language workbooks that involve writing in the pages (like the one you gave me), so an e-reader wouldn't work.

I am with you. Especially with language texts.

I am not a "reader" like many around here. The sort who needs to be reading something or another all the time.

I read a few things over and over with the occasional new selection.

(Gonna keep up the I sentences.)

I was given a kindle and what it was most useful for was for a portable manner of "skimming" (what most people think is reading) stuff I was actually read at home.

It also was great to grab public domain stuff I would never buy but would use as reference. Lotsa German texts which were referenced in materials I was actually reading for example. (But the pdf handling on all the ereaders sorta sucked except for the expensive larger and not discontinued kindle.)

Severian keep us up to date. I am interested on how you sort this all out.

Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »

If there are only a couple of books, you might try a self publishing company like Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/calculators/bookCalc.php?cid=publish_book). It costs $6.40 for a 100 page US letter size bound book; $5.25 for smaller size books.

If you are going to do this a lot, buy an inexpensive monochrome laser printer (new or used) with duplex printing.

I am quoting myself because I am usually justifiably ignored, but I had a thought that is somewhat counter to my previous post.

The discounts are fairly large for 100 books or so. I am somewhat into mechanical watches and it is not unusual to do group buys to lower the price.

I do not see why it is not possible to set up donations for OCnet publications.

I specified Lulu because it came up immediately with google, but I previously used Instantpublisher back in the day when everything had to be formatted with Adobe Pagemaker (it was a text book for a continuing medical education  course for psychiatrists). The quality was good and I designed the cover and converted the Word file to Pagemaker.

An example would be Benedicta Ward's The Sayings of the Desert Fathers. 304 pages with a new color cover picked out by LBK. The cost for 100 copies is $672. It is just a matter of taking up a separate collection for this purpose.

The recurring discussions of the best prayer book can be solved by an OCnet edition that contains all of them (although it may require a cut to the copyright owners).

Just a thought from the wilderness.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 05:12:42 AM »

Lulu is good, but you must be absolutely sure that copyright laws allow you to print those books (i.e. they're in the public domain). Negotiating copyright with them would a) be a nightmare, and b) raise the cost exponentially. The local xerox shop won't ask questions. (I used to keep mine solvent. >_>)

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

In Christ,
Andrew
My local Staples is also 10¢/page for B&W. I think it's 39¢ for colour.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

The recurring discussions of the best prayer book can be solved by an OCnet edition that contains all of them (although it may require a cut to the copyright owners).
We could always do new translations of prayers by members of the community (as the orthodox-church.info people do).

A great idea to print an OC.net book like this.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »

Forgive my unbelievable ignorance, but I'm pretty sure my current printer is a laser printer. I have the Officejet 8600 Pro Plus. Do you think this badboy can handle printing that much at a time?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:28:13 PM by Severian » Logged

Rufus
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »

Forgive my unbelievable ignorance, but I'm pretty sure my current printer is a laser printer. I have the Officejet 8600 Pro Plus. Do you think this badboy can handle printing that much at a time?

As someone who's tried everything and anything to circumvent buying rare books, I can tell you that this is not worth its cost in ink and toner.

If you can give us more details about the books you want, we can give you more pointed advice.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »

As someone who's tried everything and anything to circumvent buying rare books, I can tell you that this is not worth its cost in ink and toner.
I was sort of thinking the same thing too.

If you can give us more details about the books you want, we can give you more pointed advice.
Just to give a few examples, this webpage has thousands of pages worth of free Arabic learning material that I would love to be able to have printed. If I really can't find a practical way to print all of this stuff I suppose I could just read it off my computer, it's just slightly less convenient.

http://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:47:13 PM by Severian » Logged

Rufus
OC.net guru

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »

I was sort of thinking the same thing too.

Just to give a few examples, this webpage has thousands of pages worth of free Arabic learning material that I would love to be able to have printed. If I really can't find a practical way to print all of this stuff I suppose I could just read it off my computer, it's just slightly less convenient.

http://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html

OK. In this case, we're definitely just looking for cheapo options. Self-publishing is very cheap, but the pages may be too small or have poor resolution. Moreover, such books tend to have such bindings as not to permit being laid flat.

Since these pages have little black on them, using your own printer might actually work. I would check with a print shop like Staples' first and see how much it would cost for them to print it using the cheapest paper.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »

^Will do. Thank you Rufus and all the others here for your suggestions.

Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »

From what I understand it is an inkjet printer. Printing is more expensive because the ink is more expensive per page than a laser printer toner.

It is preferable to have a duplex printer for books (it also saves on the cost of paper).

I have only used HP and Apple printers, but here is an example (I do not know the quality but the price is right):

A SAMSUNG SL-M2625D/XAA Workgroup, 27 pages/min for $80:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828112459

SAMSUNG MLT-D116S/XAA 1200 page toner for $30:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828112456
SAMSUNG MLT-D116L/XAA 3000 page toner for $55:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828112457&Tpk=MLT-D116L&IsVirtualParent=1
The 9000 page imaging unit is separate and costs $50

I believe the printer comes with the 1200 page toner and 9000 page imaging unit.

You can do the math as to how much it would cost to print a book.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »

^Thank you for the info, Opus118.

qawe

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »

Severian,

Regardless of cost calculations, don't forget that home office printers are not designed to print so many pages at a time, whether they are bubblejet (which I think yours is), or laser, or whatever.  You need a commericial printer designed to cope with such large volumes.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »

Severian,

Regardless of cost calculations, don't forget that home office printers are not designed to print so many pages at a time, whether they are bubblejet (which I think yours is), or laser, or whatever.  You need a commericial printer designed to cope with such large volumes.

I disagree qawe. Severian is not going into the printing business. It is unlikely there is much of a market for a monochrome laser printer for purely personal use. An all in one printer like he already has is the more logical choice. There is no distinction between home office business and office business monochrome laser printers. They get a lot of use and go through 100 pages a day, usually much more. I have used laser printers that only hold 100 pages of paper and it is in constant use by a workgroup that readily goes through a ream of paper a day. We would be more helpful picking the best of the monochrome laser printers rather than casting doubt.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 01:44:03 AM »

OC.net book chapters
1. Ask your spiritual father
2. Homosexuality
3. Masterbation
4. Calendar? 
5. Posters formerly known as
6. The greatest collection of maps in the world
7. Balkan politics (Yes, that includes Russia)
8. Those were the good years
9. Prayer

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 01:56:18 AM »

Lulu is good, but you must be absolutely sure that copyright laws allow you to print those books (i.e. they're in the public domain). Negotiating copyright with them would a) be a nightmare, and b) raise the cost exponentially. The local xerox shop won't ask questions. (I used to keep mine solvent. >_>)

The local xerox shops here in Los Angeles ask all sorts of questions to avoid copyright violations. One must show that they have a receipt for a book which is to be copied. Furthermore, the book must state that copies can be made. For example, when I was taking an anatomy class, I brought my receipt from the college bookstore, and they allowed me to make colored copies of Dr. Netter's plates (one copy of 10 different plates).

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »

I agree.

It makes almost zero sense to publish a book yourself, unless you have no other alternative.

I would much rather pay $60 for a text than print one for even $20.

It will be more than 4x better quality. And if that doesn't matter, you probably don't need that text in the first place.

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »

OC.net book chapters
2. Homosexuality
3. Masterbation
4. Calendar? 
9. Prayer

10. Ecumenism
11. Heretical Papists

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »

OC.net book chapters
2. Homosexuality
3. Masterbation
4. Calendar? 
9. Prayer

PotM!

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 04:20:17 PM »

OC.net book chapters
2. Homosexuality
3. Masterbation
4. Calendar? 
9. Prayer

Shouldn't "Ask Your Spiritual Father" be a disclaimer on the front?

"This book does not necessarily contain the teachings of the Orthodox Church.  While some contributors may be spiritual fathers, if they are not your legal spiritual father the reader is responsible for their own learning.  Anything said by Vamrat can be considered gospel truth.  Otherwise, ask your spiritual father before attempting paleodiets, LARPing, gay/moslem/woman/democrap(TM)/jew-bashing, using alternate calendars to the God-given Julian, using maps, or anything else found in this book.  Caveat lector."
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »

I may just print the books in question (there is a specific book that I would like to print atm, however) at school. I won't print the pages all at once, however, maybe about 30 pages a day for about two weeks or so. The printers at my school are more than capable of handling such a printing load. Plus, it's free. That only leaves the problem of binding. Any suggestions for that?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:52:24 PM by Severian » Logged

Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »

I agree.

It makes almost zero sense to publish a book yourself, unless you have no other alternative.

It will be more than 4x better quality. And if that doesn't matter, you probably don't need that text in the first place.

To keep things short, this is bad advice.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 12:22:49 AM »

I may just print the books in question (there is a specific book that I would like to print atm, however) at school. I won't print the pages all at once, however, maybe about 30 pages a day for about two weeks or so. The printers at my school are more than capable of handling such a printing load. Plus, it's free. That only leaves the problem of binding. Any suggestions for that?

Your school gives 30 free printing pages a day?

For binding, UPS Store, FedEX Kinkos, Staples, locally owned copy shop, shouldn't cost you more than $5-10.

Post 9,000
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »

I agree.

That is short.

I've had "self bound" "books" made by others. They last almost no time, if you actually read them. Maybe some of these online services work better, I dunno. Spiral bound? Sheets basically glued and taped together? If I am reading them, they wouldn't last a month.

Some well made texts I beaten to death enough times I am on my fifth copy.

I guess most people don't read, they glance at words on pages. Perhaps that would work for that. Or maybe people just memorize everything they read and I am the exception.

Never mind the paper stock you are using and the contrast.

Here is a great book that is out of copyright and that could print yourself:

http://www.amazon.com/G-Leibnizs-Monadology-Nicholas-Rescher/dp/0822954494/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369198578&sr=8-2&keywords=monadology

This edition isn't out of copyright so you going not get the excellent translation nor notes which would be helpful for most people dealing with this text for the first time.

How many pages do you get?

How much do they cost?

$19

The binding is average.

Could I print this in theory for a "third" the cost? Yes. Could you finagle doing it for "free"? Yes.

It would be madness to do so. The quality would not be in the ballpark.

If can't afford $19 for a text which you can spend a lifetime reading, you might want to study up on a few basic life skills other than how to print books on the cheap to make that $19.

Mowing a lawn will cut it, literally and figuratively.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 01:50:37 AM »

Can't you just pick out a beat down, junker printer from the thrift store with a couple of ink cartridges and some stacks of paper from the dollar store and just keep printing until it dies? That may be cheaper than the $0.50-per-page average that most office department stores will charge you.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 02:04:20 AM »

I agree.

That is short.

I've had "self bound" "books" made by others. They last almost no time, if you actually read them. Maybe some of these online services work better, I dunno. Spiral bound? Sheets basically glued and taped together? If I am reading them, they wouldn't last a month.

I guess most people don't read, they glance at words on pages. Perhaps that would work for that. Or maybe people just memorize everything they read and I am the exception.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Leibnizs-Monadology-Nicholas-Rescher/dp/0822954494/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369198578&sr=8-2&keywords=monadology

This edition isn't out of copyright so you going not get the excellent translation nor notes which would be helpful for most people dealing with this text for the first time.

How much do they cost?

$19

The binding is average.

Could I print this in theory for a "third" the cost? Yes. Could you finagle doing it for "free"? Yes.

If can't afford $19 for a text which you can spend a lifetime reading, you might want to study up on a few basic life skills other than how to print books on the cheap to make that $19.

Bro....not everyone reads with the voracity you do.  I would wager to say you are in the extreme minority. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 01:24:17 AM »

I agree.

That is short.

How much do they cost?

$19

The binding is average.

I did read this this morning. My issue is that your desires can be prohibitive and to convince someone that this is essential is detrimental.

I had a two-fold take on this post:

My first take was based on my immediate environment. Six 6t ft high book cases and a number of 4 ft high book cases with two rows of books on each shelf and numerous boxes with more books. Certainly more than 1000 books and your notion can lead to the clutter that I am dealing with.

My second take was that my following your advise would have deprived me what would be otherwise available to me. In my case it was music. We are of course talking about pre-internet, few music stores and almost none with the beethoven and mozart piano sonatas with the exception of the Moonlight and the Mozart one with the Turkish Rondo. For me it was a scavenger hunt (this is during high school by the way). Often mildewy falling apart pages (uniformly G. Schirmer publications) scotch taped. What I could not find I photocopied at  5 cents per page at the public library.

Each page was put into a binder using a single hole punch and each whole was lovingly reinforced on both sides with those binder hole reinforcement rings (which I am not sure they sell any more).

Basically to distort a phrase from Jurassic Park. If you love something enough, nature will find a way.

I have a background in industrial-scale printing and I may comment further. It is late for me now.
Rufus
OC.net guru

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »

Severian, how much would it cost to buy the books?
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 08:02:07 PM »

Probably hundreds of dollars. This one book alone goes for well over $100 on Amazon.

Rufus
OC.net guru

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 08:53:29 PM »

Probably hundreds of dollars. This one book alone goes for well over $100 on Amazon.

Yeah, that pretty much makes your point.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »

At some point it would be useful to know what you want printed. Not one item. Everything! It makes a difference. For example if your pdf is predominately graphic (as apposed to European text), you will not be printing 30 pages/min but whatever pages per minute graphic files can be accomplished.

Links would be helpful.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:37:02 PM by Opus118 » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: