OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 06:24:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriarch Ilia II calls for ban on "gay rights march" "Gay-Rights Rally"  (Read 6179 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »

When all else fails, bring on the Nazis. Yuck.

I'm sorry, but they did have some of the best parades.

Absolutely; however, as I keep pointing out around here, all parades are gay. The homoeroticism of the nazi public demonstrations will never surpassed by another people.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2013, 02:27:41 AM »

Absolutely; however, as I keep pointing out around here, all parades are gay. The homoeroticism of the nazi public demonstrations will never surpassed by another people.

What... well, I am sure the supposed homoerotic nazi parades were surpassed in the gay parades which have very closely naked men dancing all over.

but how are all parades gay? i do not understand.

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2013, 02:28:55 AM »

http://www.rferl.org/content/georgia-orthodox-priests-antigay-violence/24995118.html

Two clergy, and two other people, have been fined for hooliganism $61 dollars

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2013, 07:59:03 AM »

What... well, I am sure the supposed homoerotic nazi parades were surpassed in the gay parades which have very closely naked men dancing all over.

You ever notice how the scariest horror movies are the ones that show you the least?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »

http://www.rferl.org/content/georgia-orthodox-priests-antigay-violence/24995118.html

A Georgian speaker will have to confirm the accuracy of Google Translate here, but I was under the impression the two clergy were facing two years in prison:
http://pirveliradio.ge/index.php?newsid=3421#

The article you cited said four men were fined $61 and doesn't say that included the two clerics.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2013, 10:24:24 AM »

Christ is risen!
Why? It's true. Every gay manifestation in Eastern Europe I've heard ends up being attacked by violent "religious" mob. I would be surprised if for once it wasn't.

Perhaps it's a post-Soviet phenomenon rather than an Orthodox one?

That might be. Mykonos in Greece was, according to the Lonely Planet guide, the biggest gay tourist destination in Europe until it was supplanted by some place in Spain.
Mallorca, where hedonism of all sorts is promoted.  In such places gayism thrives.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »

Christ is risen!
Why? It's true. Every gay manifestation in Eastern Europe I've heard ends up being attacked by violent "religious" mob. I would be surprised if for once it wasn't.

Perhaps it's a post-Soviet phenomenon rather than an Orthodox one?

That might be. Mykonos in Greece was, according to the Lonely Planet guide, the biggest gay tourist destination in Europe until it was supplanted by some place in Spain.
Mallorca, where hedonism of all sorts is promoted.  In such places gayism thrives.

Mykonos is literally next door to Tinos (Sometimes referred to as Greece's Lourdes). I have visited Tinos many times and lived there for a period. Now I have never ever heard of any attack on any of it's hedonistic tourists or long stayers. The evidence might suggest the ugly phenomena of so-called Gay bashing may be a post Soviet one.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2013, 11:09:53 AM »

Christ est resucite!

For comparison:
Lots of people right around the world were very surprised that such huge number of people in France, over 1 million, took to the streets to protest against redefining marriage. How did you manage to unite such a diverse range of people in defending traditional marriage?

Yeah. It is a bit of a mystery, obviously. A bit of a miracle! We were surprised as well! The leaders of the movement have been careful about trying to control the messages going out from the movement. They have been quite strict, I would say. We’ve focussed on the rights of children. No religious arguments. Trying to attract people from every religion or none. No political arguments. We’re not against the president or the government, just against the bill, so we’ve been joined by people who even voted for Hollande.  Also, we’ve not made any negative arguments against homosexuality, so we’ve avoided being treated as “homophobic”. Non-violent, non-aggressive, very positive, happy movement. With the economic crisis, the country is a bit depressed, so we wanted a more positive movement, with funny and catchy slogans, which made the people want to come and join us, having a good time! So not your usual angry protest. So we’ve succeeded in getting people from a lot of different backgrounds.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/french-marriage-activists-vow-to-fight-on
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:19:17 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »

A Georgian speaker will have to confirm the accuracy of Google Translate here, but I was under the impression the two clergy were facing two years in prison:
http://pirveliradio.ge/index.php?newsid=3421#

The article you cited said four men were fined $61 and doesn't say that included the two clerics.

I think you are right, i just assumed 2 of the four charged were the clergy in the title

but i can no longer modify the post

thank you for the correction

William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2013, 05:47:44 AM »

Keepin' it classy as always.

You've posted some comparisons that would put Godwin to shame.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2013, 09:46:35 AM »

That sounds suspiciously like something Hitler would say.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2013, 11:04:56 AM »

That sounds suspiciously like something Hitler would say.

.sig worthy!!!!!!!

That requires some depth, to get funny outta Hitler still.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

Because, since they cannot acknowledge a problem with themselves, the problem therefore must lie with society. Therefore, the society must be change. Then, supposedly, they will stop killing themselves .

Dude, I know you can do better than this. Really this sorta beneath you. Don't start wallowing in our filth.

You bat like .825 around here.

Tags: Patriarch Ilya homosexuality 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: