OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 05:47:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For my friend, Brad, who is considering a change in his ministry work.  (Read 227 times) Average Rating: 0
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: May 15, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »

My friend, Brad, recently resigned as director of a ministry aimed towards university students.  He has been the director for the last ten years and came to the conclusion that he is to move on to other things.  He doesn't know what that is though.  Before taking charge of this campus ministry he was a church pastor for about 10 years.  His wife has a very good job so he is taking the summer to sort a few things out.  One of the big issues is that he is likely leaving the denomination and he is unsure if he can remain protestant-evangelical.  He is both excited and a bit terrified.  I had lunch with him yesterday and he told me that he ordered "Becoming Orthodox" by Fr. Peter Gilquist.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Its not a book that I have ever mentioned or referenced in any of our conversations.  It seems like a good one for Brad to read, as there will be a lot in Fr. Gilquist's story that he can relate to.  Anyway, it seems that a seed has been planted.  Please pray that it comes to fruition.  I am now re-reading "Becoming Orthodox" so that it is fresh in my mind when questions come up.  Please also pray for me that I may adequately represent the faith.  Lord have mercy.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »

Definitely praying.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Brad, his wife and KBN1.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Brad, his wife, and KBN1. Grant them guidance and wisdom.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: