OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 04:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last thing you drank  (Read 13732 times) Average Rating: 0
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »

I'd prefer espresso unless some chain café offers french press coffee.

French press coffee with heavy cream and brown sugar is an indulgence that I love.  Life is too short for crappy drinks, especially coffee.  Usually, though, I have Puerto Rican espresso with scalded milk.

Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

Actually, drinking now: Serbian red wine from famous monastery Studenica

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2013, 11:12:36 AM »

Life is too short for crappy drinks, especially coffee.

Wisdom! Let us Attend!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:13:27 AM by Alpo » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

I'd prefer espresso unless some chain café offers french press coffee.

Bravo

For some reason I am shy about ordering espresso at Starbucks or similar places.. I need to get over it.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »

Coke with lemon.

Gonna make for myself some tea with mint soon.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

Diet lemon-lime soda.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »

Coke with lemon.

with lemon-flavor or real lemon?

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

Coke with lemon.

with lemon-flavor or real lemon?

Lemon from lemon.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2013, 04:59:28 AM »

Mountain Dew. Tastes like heaven, but it feels like hell. Most importantly, contains caffeine and that's what I really need right now.

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »

Mountain Dew. Tastes like heaven, but it feels like hell. Most importantly, contains caffeine and that's what I really need right now.

Does it really containt that much caffeine that it has some effect? Or is it just placebo?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:48:41 AM by Alpo » Logged

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2013, 05:51:11 AM »

Does it really containt that much caffeine that it has some effect? Or is it just placebo?

To be honest, I can't really tell. Seems to be enough to not have to drink another coffee. Sometimes I get sick from coffee (other times it's the best thing).

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2013, 06:35:02 AM »

I've always assumed caffeinated sodas are just scam in terms of caffeine. But then again I'm not caffeine-addict so I can't really tell whether it eases caffeine withdrawal.

It's a bit weird that I haven't gotten addicted into caffeine since couple of years I used to drink 6-10 cups of coffee on daily basis. I've never had a headache or anything due to not drinking coffee.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:36:04 AM by Alpo » Logged

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2013, 06:42:48 AM »

I've always assumed caffeinated sodas are just scam in terms of caffeine. But then again I'm not caffeine-addict so I can't really tell whether it eases caffeine withdrawal.

It's a bit weird that I haven't gotten addicted into caffeine since couple of years I used to drink 6-10 cups of coffee on daily basis. I've never had a headache or anything due to not drinking coffee.

I believe in some cases (probably not yours) you don't know if addiction is there until you try to quit something forever. Temporarily stopping might work, but it's not the same as saying you are able to not have something at all. This is what I found out about my drinking problem of the past. I was not the worst alcoholic, but then again I couldn't truly live without alcohol either. Actually, the problem was getting quite bad if it was for me getting more serious about finding God at the right time. Now, with coffee, I am an addict, but I don't drink huge quantities, just constantly. I don't really want to quit right now because I also need coffee; I couldn't care less if my body is addicted as a consequence. Smiley

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »

IIRC I spent some lent completely without coffee. Not a problem. I did drink tea though which probably contained caffeine too. It's just that many people seem to talk that they need coffee every day in order to wake up in the morning, in order not to get a headache and so on. I've never had that kind of problems.

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »

IIRC I spent some lent completely without coffee. Not a problem. I did drink tea though which probably contained caffeine too. It's just that many people seem to talk that they need coffee every day in order to wake up in the morning, in order not to get a headache and so on. I've never had that kind of problems.

Maybe your body is not that sensitive to coffee. I was like that before, even towards alcohol, but nowadays I am sensitive to any drop of anything that enters my body. A drop of alcohol would give me an instant hangover for a day without any exaggeration. But it's complex; there are probably many factors at work here such as an illness and my ascetic struggle.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »

I've never had such problems either.  Many times I'll have an espresso or black coffee at night and go straight to bed.  Other times, I'll go weeks without coffee.

xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2014, 03:31:15 AM »

Coffee  Wink

Silly Stars
IoanC
Archon

re
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2014, 05:21:23 AM »

Guarana and Kiwi tea. You guessed it. I need caffeine. It's not working, though! Quick, coffee or coke!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:22:01 AM by IoanC » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2014, 07:16:23 PM »

2% Milk
Diet Sunkist
Hot Chocolate with tiny marshmallows

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »

margaritas, such a snowy day here and it's soon gonna drop to polar-like lows . but the bars are pretty well attended and pleasant.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #425 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24:51 PM »

Diet soda.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2014, 12:51:38 AM »

15 year old Glenlivet

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »

Tea (Whittard's Spice Imperial)

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »

Ginger beer
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #429 on: January 08, 2014, 05:21:24 AM »

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »

Smoothie.

wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« Reply #431 on: January 09, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »

Bolla 2011 vintage I believe. Pinot grigio. Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:44:34 PM by wainscottbl » Logged

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #432 on: January 25, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »

Scotch 'n' ginger ale, also in honour of Burns Night.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »

Scotch 'n' ginger ale, also in honour of Burns Night.

I envy you. Earl Grey for me. A scotch sounds good right now. I wonder if alcoholics in Scotland put scotch in their Earl Grey like American alcoholics slip bourbon into their coffee?

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #434 on: January 25, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »

Diet soda.

spcasuncoast.org
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2014, 05:29:36 PM »

I had coffee. Espresso in American English . But sipping it at my usual hangout I had a moment of general doubt both about myself and humans at large; they were having a so-called slow bar at the back where a bunch of people were tasting all these different sorts if green tea. As if one an tell the difference. And as I know the barrista , he saw me and invited me to sit down with them savor all those green tea varieties . I told them that to me all green tea just taste like water infused with hay, of the sort used to grow cultures of amoebas. Or is it paramecium ?
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »

I told them that to me all green tea just taste like water infused with hay, of the sort used to grow cultures of amoebas. Or is it paramecium?

All those espressos must have utterly dulled your palate.  Roll Eyes
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »

I've had my judgement ready on green tea way before I started consuming decent amounts of coffee.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »

I had coffee. Espresso in American English . But sipping it at my usual hangout I had a moment of general doubt both about myself and humans at large; they were having a so-called slow bar at the back where a bunch of people were tasting all these different sorts if green tea. As if one an tell the difference. And as I know the barrista , he saw me and invited me to sit down with them savor all those green tea varieties . I told them that to me all green tea just taste like water infused with hay, of the sort used to grow cultures of amoebas. Or is it paramecium ?

Almost all green tea is grassy in some sense, but most people it brew it wrong in America. The water is too hot and they steep the leaves too long and a lot of the more noxious tannins prevail or something like that.

That being said. I just finished a drink which consisted primarily of parsley and kale. This health stuff is going to be the death of me.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »

India spice tea.
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »

Almost all green tea is grassy in some sense, but most people it brew it wrong in America. The water is too hot and they steep the leaves too long and a lot of the more noxious tannins prevail or something like that.

That being said. I just finished a drink which consisted primarily of parsley and kale. This health stuff is going to be the death of me.
i dunno. just never had green tea that tasted remotely appealing, but i didn't go out of my way either. it was funny though to see those nerdy men tasting their little cups and pretending to discern a difference. sorta like this, mutatis mutandis:
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »

i dunno. just never had green tea that tasted remotely appealing, but i didn't go out of my way either. it was funny though to see those nerdy men tasting their little cups and pretending to discern a difference. sorta like this, mutatis mutandis:

Again, you are talking to guy who primarily consumes instant coffee. I've come full circle. Sophistication isn't worth the shame.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Avdima

Faith: In search of...
Jurisdiction: none

« Reply #442 on: February 01, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »

Coffee
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2014, 06:52:07 AM »

When coffee and coke just doesn't work.

xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2014, 02:42:58 PM »

Diet cola. Smiley

spcasuncoast.org
Avdima

Faith: In search of...
Jurisdiction: none

« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »

Water
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »

De Coninck. Delicious Belgian beer. The best I've had so far.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #448 on: February 14, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »

EARL GREY SENCHA
Green tea scented with bergamot

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #449 on: February 14, 2014, 01:51:12 PM »

Another diet cola. If I get a paper cut, soda pop comes out. Wink

spcasuncoast.org
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: