OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 04:55:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last thing you drank  (Read 9741 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
Grand Duke of Louisville and all the Kentuckys
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Ave, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.

« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »

Earl Grey tea.

And before that water with the Mormons, the only thing they had to drink at their Thanksgiving dinner at their church--my mom is Mormon like I said. I was thinking it wold be funny to spike their water with vodka. What do you all think? Get the Mormons drunk. That would be fun. Really they did need some wine or beer or something there. I don't see how these people have dinners without booze, but maybe it's the Catholic in me that makes me think that like.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:39:16 PM by wainscottbl » Logged

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »

Earl Grey tea.

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves." - Elim Garak  Grin

As for what I'm drinking: hot chocolate

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #317 on: November 16, 2013, 12:32:33 AM »

Apple juice diluted with peppermint tea.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #318 on: November 16, 2013, 12:41:36 AM »

Large metallic cup of my favorite coffee with 2 sugar cubes and one spoonful of non-dairy powdered creamer. I wanted a blueberry scone to go with it, but this Nativity fast thing won't allow me to.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

« Reply #319 on: November 16, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »

Large metallic cup of my favorite coffee with 2 sugar cubes and one spoonful of non-dairy powdered creamer. I wanted a blueberry scone to go with it, but this Nativity fast thing won't allow me to.

I have never tried that coffee! I will have to. As an aside, Folgers Black Silk is pretty good if you're just looking for a regular old store brand.

I'm making Sleepytime Tea.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2013, 12:56:35 AM »

I give you credit, James.  I don't care if it's Great Lent, I cannot add non-dairy powdered creamer to my coffee, that's too much penance. 

I need to locate some of this coffee of yours and see if it lives up to your praise.   

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2013, 01:33:38 AM »

I give you credit, James.  I don't care if it's Great Lent, I cannot add non-dairy powdered creamer to my coffee, that's too much penance.

Really? I'm not doing this because of fasting; I do it because I actually prefer powdered non-dairy creamer. I hate all that refrigerated half-n-half/milk stuff because it makes the coffee cold imo. I like my coffee burning hot.

I need to locate some of this coffee of yours and see if it lives up to your praise.

At any World Market near you Smiley
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:34:32 AM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2013, 01:36:22 AM »

I like my coffee burning hot.

Do mind your teeth. 
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2013, 02:01:37 AM »

Mtn dew

WPM
Archon

« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2013, 04:58:03 AM »

Dragonfruit Punch
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2013, 09:40:50 AM »

Really? I'm not doing this because of fasting; I do it because I actually prefer powdered non-dairy creamer. I hate all that refrigerated half-n-half/milk stuff because it makes the coffee cold imo. I like my coffee burning hot.

Again, James, I credit you for your brutal honesty: who would admit such things if they weren't true?  Who would admit them even if they were true?  You're allowed to keep some things to yourself.  Tongue

If refrigerated milk products make your coffee too cold for your taste, just heat them up on the stove or in the microwave before adding them to your coffee.  But please, have some self-respect...don't use powder. 

It's four hours away...online ordering it is. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »

Vodka. Maybe too much a bit.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »

Peet's coffee, house blend. heavy cream. Splenda

I was on the beltway yesterday and saw a Peet's delivery truck painted up in their brown color with their logo.

They dont have any coffee shops in the east coast. You can only buy from the grocery or online. I wanted to pull the guy over and take pictures... I resisted the urge but it was close.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »

Again, James, I credit you for your brutal honesty: who would admit such things if they weren't true?  Who would admit them even if they were true?  You're allowed to keep some things to yourself.  Tongue

If refrigerated milk products make your coffee too cold for your taste, just heat them up on the stove or in the microwave before adding them to your coffee.  But please, have some self-respect...don't use powder. 

It's four hours away...online ordering it is. 

I have to admit also liking powdered creamer. So at least I have that for the fasts. But powdered non-dairy creamer is very bad for you. Full of transfats. But I dont think I can go with black coffee.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

But I dont think I can go with black coffee.

I'm with you.  That little bit of milk in my daily coffee is what keeps me humble in my otherwise vegan Lent. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2013, 12:51:07 PM »

But I dont think I can go with black coffee.

I'm with you.  That little bit of milk in my daily coffee is what keeps me humble in my otherwise vegan Lent. 

Yeah, tea is what allows me not to drink booze. Of course since I am not actually Orthodox yet I have not got into the fasts but I am giving up alcohol until the week of Thanksgiving because I started on a new medicine and I want to see how going without alcohol effects my seizures. My neurologist said that for some people it is a trigger, for some people it actually helps control them, and for others it has no real effect. Also I am trying, spiritually, to at least control my passions of lust, the biggest one I struggle with other than anger. I cannot fast from food because of my health, but giving up wine and booze I figure is the next best, and perhaps best thing. Alcohol really, as one confessor told me, a means that leads to sins of the flesh like lust. It is one of the reasons we Christians fast. But I am glad I can at least have my tea during a fast. Like I will be giving up alcohol again during Advent, which I will be following according to the Western calender. Actually giving up booze is the best penance for me since I cannot fast from food. I really miss it. Wine particularly is such a pleasure--the whole art of it. But really fasting is a great thing because it reminds us how much our bodies, good as they are, lead us to sin.

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »

Turkey Day!

I plan on drinking some Chimay, Duvel and Sierra Nevada Celebration during the festivities.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »

Coffee.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2013, 04:34:10 PM »

Of liquids worthy to be called drinks, amontillado. Otherwise water
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »

don't use powder.  

Right. Coffee shouldn't be ruined with dairy products. Actually I think the last thing I drank today was black coffee at work.

I admit though that I haven't tried to warm the milk adding it to coffee. That could work.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:39:00 PM by Alpo » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »

Half of my last beer fell over my bed...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »

Dude, you're drunk. Why you're wasting your time on internet when you're drunk? It's a sin to waste a nice little drunkenness for nothing.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:51:58 PM by Alpo » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »

Dude, you're drunk. Why you're wasting your time on internet when you're drunk? It's a sin to waste a nice little drunkenness for nothing.

Dude, I wanted to be drunk. And thanks for that I am not!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:48:29 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #338 on: November 28, 2013, 05:49:31 PM »

You can drink in your sleep?  Shocked

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #339 on: November 28, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »

You can drink in your sleep?  Shocked

Most of my time at home I spend in my bed.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2013, 07:27:01 PM »

Diet Sunkist

I did drink a Coke earlier today though.

wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »

A budget wine I found at Wal-Mart--yes, some sell wine. In Kentucky and certain states wine and spirits cannot be sold in the actual grocery but they have a wine and spirit store attached. This one was $4.00 and it's not bad. It's called Lucky Duck and has not vintage but it's actually not bad. This one is a Malbec from Argentina, which has some great wines by the way. I got a $16.00 wine a few weeks ago that was very good. But this is great for the price. I looked it up and it seems it is only sold at Wal-Mart. Wal Mart has another wine for $3.00 but it is pretty bad. The whites are not bad but way too fruity and taste like they just fermented some fruit juice, but the reds are pretty much undrinkable. But this Lucky Duck is pretty good. It seems they are from different countries--like the Malbec is from Argentina and others are from Australia. I'd give is a 78 or 79. It you need a budget wine and your Wal-Mart sells wine, then try it.

By the way why can they sell beer in the store but not wine and spirits? Bureaucrats just make these laws and regulations off to make things more difficult in life. They really do need to just be taken out and shot. It does not even make sense. Selling beer is okay in the store, but not wine or spirits. In Texas they sold wine in the grocery stores.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »

Fwiw, in PA they can't sell any alcohol in grocery stores. The battle the last few years related to liquor has been getting the Wine and Spirits (state-owned) stores privatized. I think some places that aren't traditionally restaurants can also serve liquor, but they have to abide by certain guidelines and I think it's pretty rare.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »

Fwiw, in PA they can't sell any alcohol in grocery stores. The battle the last few years related to liquor has been getting the Wine and Spirits (state-owned) stores privatized. I think some places that aren't traditionally restaurants can also serve liquor, but they have to abide by certain guidelines and I think it's pretty rare.

The state sells wine and spirits?

Here in California, the state issues licenses, which are difficult to obtain, to bars, restaurants, and stores who wish to sell beer, wine, and spirits. Trader Joes has also obtained a license and sells the stuff.

OH, THE LAST BEVERAGE I HAD:

A cup of unfiltered organic apple juice with a tablespoon of organic apple cider. Yum!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:03:45 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #344 on: December 01, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »

Polish coffee with cinnamon.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #345 on: December 01, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »

Wal-Mart [. . .]It's called Lucky Duck and has not vintage but it's actually not bad. This one is a Malbec from Argentina, . . .

My wife and I have resorted to this particular wine a numerous occasions.
wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

« Reply #346 on: December 01, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »

Twinnings Earl Grey.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »

Hot chocolate. It goes well with the visual of snow falling outside.

augustin717
Taxiarches

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »

Coffee watching the snow fall, the whole Sunday morning.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »

Iced tea.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2013, 07:51:07 AM »

Water and, in about five minutes, chamomile/lemongrass tea.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »

Actually, it's very hard to find decent kvass in shops here unless they import it from the east (Lithuania or Belarus) or take from local breweries. Popular commercial brands are gross.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #353 on: December 13, 2013, 10:52:53 AM »

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »

For a moment there this topic make think that it's about the last thing I ever drank. Smiley About to make chamomile tea. If you don't hear from me again, that was it.
wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »

Good old southern comfort--no, not the booze, alas, but the good old southern comfort drink--sweet tea. Made by mom herself. Much better than McDonald's, though McDonald's is the best among fast food joints.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »

Diet soda.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »

Starbucks dark roast black coffee. They get it right every time.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
augustin717
Taxiarches

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »

Starbucks dark roast black coffee. They get it right every time.

Selam
They get everything wrong.
Mamizous
What the heck is a Mamizou?

Woaw.

« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »

Water. And water is really just best for you.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: