OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 17, 2014, 07:09:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of sauce do you like with your fried chicken?  (Read 2657 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
Archon

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

Good think I am about to eat because the sight of those pictures above makes me hungry. But my meal of pork chop sandwiches is not the same is not as good

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
Justin Kolodziej
Party per fess argent and gules; in chief a Latin cross bottony sable between two lozenges azure; in base a wheel, or.
Elder

Faith: Converting
Jurisdiction: GOC-Kallinikos....one day

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2014, 08:24:34 PM »

Ketchup on a hot dog is grounds for excommunication though. The Synod of Chicago is clear on this

CANON 3: The Holy Synod of the Orthodox Church declares that hot dogs shall be eaten without ketchup on them. The penalty incurred for putting ketchup on a hot dog is excommunication and the penance for the offense is one year of bread and water, the bread to be hot dog buns. This is not only effective for Chicago dogs, but for all hot dogs, from whatever city they originate or associate.

CANON 4: Whenever possible one shall use kosher beef hotdogs, not because we follow the dietary laws of the perfidious Jews, but because it is in good taste, much like circumcision.

CANON 5: As to fried chicken, ketchup is allowed but is considered a habit of Protestantism which the Holy Church permits in her economia.

LOL!!!

Am I allowed to say that I think the Synod got this one wrong?

I think ketchup on fried chicken ought to be considered deliberately schismatic and heretical ...
It is clear: The Pseudo-Synod of Chicago is clearly a robber synod!

Where even the last two or three are gathered in His name, He is there in their midst.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »

Good think I am about to eat because the sight of those pictures above makes me hungry. But my meal of pork chop sandwiches is not the same is not as good

Looks like a snail. I just lost my appetite.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Future belongs to God only.

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »

It's a roasted pig, it's a pizza, meet the newest culinary insanity of Brazil, the Pizza-Pork (Porco-Pizza).

Open a whole pig in the middle. Roast it. Add all the ingredients of a pizza and just about any kind of meat you like. Roast more. There you have it.

The Pizza-Pork seems to have come from Paraguay and entered Brazil through the cities near that country. It was made famous when the host of a local talk show decided to make it the signature dish of the show and offer it to some guests.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:01:31 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Multiple Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »

The veggies and fruit look so good. Why did they have to ruin them by adding them to pork?

The insanity of it all.

The finished product does look good ... I will have to admit.  laugh
I will have to pass as much as I would love to enjoy some.

After all, today is the 2nd day of the Fast of the Theotokos (OS), and a Friday to boot.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

The veggies and fruit look so good. Why did they have to ruin them by adding them to pork?
You mean pork, the greatest meat of all time? Im in love with the pig.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »

PP

Apart from sausages and hot links, I don't have much love for the pig. I think that beef and chicken generally reign supreme.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »

PP

Apart from sausages and hot links, I don't have much love for the pig. I think that beef and chicken generally reign supreme.

Nonsense.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2014, 12:26:42 PM »

PP

I love chicken and beef....pretty much anything that had a  mother. However, to put the pig and the cluck in the same category is heresy.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »

Sweet and Sour sauce is pretty good with fried chicken.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »

Lime

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »

Sweet and Sour sauce is pretty good with fried chicken.

Mmmmm! One of my favorites.
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »

Lime

That's a juice, not a sauce.  Tongue

Chiere
FREEDOM!!!!!
Warned
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Indianapolis

Thank you LizaSymonenko for my avatar!

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2014, 01:51:23 AM »

Barbeque sauce is my favorite!

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »

Delicious, delicious juice when used as a sauce. Smiley

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »

It also works for fish

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »

Or pork!

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

I love you, Fabio.

wainscottbl
Archon

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2014, 02:49:20 PM »

Or pork!

One problem. Those are not thick enough.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2014, 03:04:52 PM »

Or pork!

One problem. Those are not thick enough.

You are making me hungry.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »

Pork is too unhealthy, even for me. I usually only eat it a couple times a year, the occasions being green chili verde in the Winter and grilled ribs on Halloween. Beef and chicken is superior in most instances.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »

Pork is too unhealthy, even for me. I usually only eat it a couple times a year, the occasions being green chili verde in the Winter and grilled ribs on Halloween. Beef and chicken is superior in most instances.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »

Pork is too unhealthy, even for me.

LOL.

TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2014, 11:59:22 PM »

Just a nice friendly reminder that Old Bay goes good with everything
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »

I thought you were vegetarian  Huh
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2014, 10:58:39 AM »

She's talking just about the lime. Smiley

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

I've heard that these days certain cuts of pork are healthier than red meat and chicken because while cows and chickens have been through processes to artificially fatten them, raisers have been trying to get pigs to have less fat, meaning they go through opposite processes.

Maybe one of food legends that come and go, but who knows? Smiley

Porter ODoran
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Erst Amish Appalachian

« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »

I've heard that these days certain cuts of pork are healthier than red meat and chicken because while cows and chickens have been through processes to artificially fatten them, raisers have been trying to get pigs to have less fat, meaning they go through opposite processes.

Here in the States anyway a new breed of pork was foisted on the public a few decades ago that is very lean. "The other white meat" was the promotion campaign. It's also tasteless and dry, and, combined with the legislation against dry-aging, a thick pork chop has never been the same.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »

Here in the States anyway a new breed of pork was foisted on the public a few decades ago that is very lean. "The other white meat" was the promotion campaign. It's also tasteless and dry, and, combined with the legislation against dry-aging, a thick pork chop has never been the same.

The dryness might easily fixed by not overcooking it. In America at least people tend to overcook pork, making it dry, out of fear of getting sick. It should be cooked until the juices run clear and only slightly pink. Really to an internal temp of 135 or 140 if you really must. Nothing over 150 even if you are told you have to in order to be safe.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Porter ODoran
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Erst Amish Appalachian

« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2014, 04:37:43 PM »

You can serve it raw -- it's not going to put the fat and flavor back in. Find a supplier of "vintage" pork and you'll agree with me.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »

You can serve it raw -- it's not going to put the fat and flavor back in. Find a supplier of "vintage" pork and you'll agree with me.

Yeah, well fat is bad! Pft. It's why I love my cute little French-speaking daughter with the birds around her head.

None of that nonsense in French cuisine. Add on the butter and enjoy the fat. Julia Child said she enjoyed McDonalds french fries very much until they changed to oil to be more "healthy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF31qCrclC0

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Anna.T
Bond-slave to Christ Jesus
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox - Glory to God!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

Κύριε, ἐλέησον!

« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »

Yeah, well fat is bad! Pft. It's why I love my cute little French-speaking daughter with the birds around her head.

None of that nonsense in French cuisine. Add on the butter and enjoy the fat. Julia Child said she enjoyed McDonalds french fries very much until they changed to oil to be more "healthy".

Is that what happened to McDonald's fries? I used to eat them many years ago, and liked them. Then about 20 years of eating almost no McD's. I tried them again recently, and they are AWFUL. I had wondered if something used to be wrong with my taste buds ...

Nothing fast food (well almost nothing) tastes good anymore. It's either flavor-less, or overloaded with salt. And I'm not anti-salt ... I use it whenever I want it. But I guess I don't want it that much. If the food is so salty that it burns my tongue, someone did a poor job, imo.

Aγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς

Let us commit ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ our God

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »

I've noticed a lot of the food chain stores around here don't carry sweet and sour sauce anymore. It's all spicy now and whatnot. But sweet and sour is my favorite! Sad I also like bleu cheese, and you can hardly get that either.
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »

I've noticed a lot of the food chain stores around here don't carry sweet and sour sauce anymore. It's all spicy now and whatnot. But sweet and sour is my favorite! Sad I also like bleu cheese, and you can hardly get that either.
I adore chicken fingers with hot sauce and bleu cheese. Almost as much as wings in the same
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »

Chianti and Merlot go well with fried chicken. I don't always drink wine, but when I do I have a box of KFC beside me.  Grin

Seriously, Chianti and Merlot are good casual options. Chianti is not just for Hannibal Lecter and his dinner with the census taker. Chianti used to be what Merlot is now, especially this famous one:

Here is a good on for under $10 that you can find in any decent liquor store or wine and spirits store. It's commercial but very well made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCd2eUDpj-s&list=UUbNETVKJI9xv7FrqPZsQClg

Wine and fried chicken. Far much better than the usual malt liquor.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2014, 12:54:38 AM »

Spicy chicken and ranch dip.
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2014, 01:49:11 AM »

You can always make a nice red wine reduction sauce with the fried chicken.....actually that would be nasty. Better to drink it.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2014, 04:17:38 AM »

Sweet tea or Coke is best with fried chicken.  Maybe a good lager, if it's spicy.

If it is spicy, make it spicier with hot sauce.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2014, 04:38:07 AM »

I like either hot sauce or hot sauce mixed with honey--that's really good.

That sounds good. I usually mix hot sauce and ketchup to put on fried chicken and fried fish. I'll have to try the hot sauce and honey combo.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2014, 04:42:45 AM »

I like Popeye's spicy chicken with the honey they have.  Yeah, it's mostly corn syrup, but it's pretty good.

wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2014, 04:58:19 AM »

I like Popeye's spicy chicken with the honey they have.  Yeah, it's mostly corn syrup, but it's pretty good.

I love Popeye's chicken. This movie is rather blasphemous, though I am not sure it would be a sin to watch it. But because the word is not allowed here, since it means a less polite word, I will just insert the appropriate pic here and you can know what I think of Popeye's Chicken:

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2014, 04:59:14 AM »

I am going to go make some hot wings at 4 AM and watch The Borgias now.

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Tags: finger-licking goodness 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: