Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 43733 times)

Offline nothing

• Elder
  • Idiot Savant & Pimply-Faced Pro
  • Jurisdiction: In medias res
Re: What video games are everyone playing lately?
« Reply #1215 on: March 31, 2015, 08:53:23 PM »
So who plays Dota 2 on here? I just started, been trying to read/watch every newbie guide I can find to understand the basics of the game.

If anyone is looking to play with me, send me your Steam info via PM.
So many chars....kind of confusing. But I do like it.
What's striking is the balance all these heroes seem to have whenever you team up to go into battle.

I don't think I have played a game that emphasizes "team" as being the indicator of your success or failure. Every act and thought you do in game has to be in consideration of your team as a whole, always. If I die in game, that's going to put my team at a significant disadvantage (I can't level up my own character when I'm dead, and I'm missing out on accruing gold, defending towers, etc) and also strengthen the opposing team.

Last game I was in, some guy was ganking all in the middle lane and got his level up to 22 while I'm still at 11, crazy. That guy ended up carrying us all the way to the end.

I just hate playing as weaker characters during the laning phase, cause I kind of like to jungle a bit too but if I'm too weak I don't stand a chance against those enemies.

Otherwise it's a blast, deep game for sure. I like the ability someone else can coach you.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:54:33 PM by nothing »
Cruz'n USA 2016!

You are not allowed to quote from the Private Fora in the Public Fora, but you can post a URL. 

Love, Mor Ephrem, section moderator.

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #1216 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:25 PM »
I started playing Minecraft. I'm not good at it yet. I have no idea what's going on.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline nothing

• Elder
  • Idiot Savant & Pimply-Faced Pro
  • Jurisdiction: In medias res
« Reply #1217 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »
I started playing Minecraft. I'm not good at it yet. I have no idea what's going on.
Lol lucky you are playing now and not back then when it was in Alpha (you didn't have those guides on how to craft items)
Cruz'n USA 2016!

You are not allowed to quote from the Private Fora in the Public Fora, but you can post a URL. 

Love, Mor Ephrem, section moderator.

Offline lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • This is where I choose to tread
« Reply #1218 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
Bloodborne, and I also just picked up Axiom Verge.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
« Reply #1219 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:29 AM »
If you all liked Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, get Pillars of Eternity. Fantastic CRPG.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1220 on: April 03, 2015, 08:06:30 PM »
I'm confused by the eagerness of people to play a game that looks like it was developed in 1990.
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #1221 on: April 04, 2015, 02:04:16 AM »
I'm confused by the eagerness of people to play a game that looks like it was developed in 1990.

I decided to try it because it's one of those games that got so popular, I wondered what was the rush. I'm still wondering.

Probably going to trade it back for something else.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1222 on: April 05, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »
I bought a couple older games last month that I haven't played yet... yet last week I started another playthrough of Skyrim. *confused*
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:04:21 PM by Justin Kissel »
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky