Poll

A Ministry section on OC.net

Yea
66 (82.5%)
Nay
14 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Ministry section on the forums  (Read 6834 times)

Offline Porter ODoran

• Ex-Amish ex Appalachia
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: Ministry section on the forums
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

1910 AD - ~35% of people in the world are Christians

And after a century of television, radio, airplanes, assembly line factories, xerox machines, internets, etc. (all of which gives richer western nations--ie. heavily Christian areas--a huge technology and resource advantage when carrying out missionary work)...

2010 AD - ~32% of people in the world are Christians

Clearly we're doomed.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
Re: Ministry section on the forums
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2016, 11:51:05 PM »

1910 AD - ~35% of people in the world are Christians

And after a century of television, radio, airplanes, assembly line factories, xerox machines, internets, etc. (all of which gives richer western nations--ie. heavily Christian areas--a huge technology and resource advantage when carrying out missionary work)...

2010 AD - ~32% of people in the world are Christians

Clearly we're doomed.

I am too lazy (I am going to bed in 5 minutes) to put my critical thinking beret on. But my guess is that this number you are disconcerted about stems primarily from  dates 1910 to 1920. The genocide of the Armenians and Greeks in Turkey. World
War I (with 4->10% loss in the population of France, Germany, and Serbia (especially). World War II which I am not going to look up the facts because it should be clear to you.