OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 07:44:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message to Peter The Aleut  (Read 460 times) Average Rating: 0
rachel
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christian

« on: May 12, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »

Rachel, speaking formally as this section's moderator, I must say that I am quite disturbed by your apparent refusal to answer questions directly and your aggressive attacks on our Orthodox faith, both of which appear to have derailed this thread from its original purpose. I'm also going to have to take some time to read this thread more deeply, since I've been gone for so long, and this thread started AND blew up into a 20-page tome all during my month-long absence. Therefore, this thread is locked until I can complete my review and determine what actions are appropriate. Until then, I urge you to tone down your aggression and start engaging us in actual dialogue, which means giving a direct answer to every question posed of you.
PeterTheAleut
The section you refer to is in an area of your website for Orthodox-Protestant discussion. I would take it as read that anyone holding a protestant viewpoint would differ from an Orthodox viewpoint. It would appear that you are not happy to debate differences which is sad. If you are convinced you have the truth why should conflicting views bother you? We are told by scripture to 'have an answer.' I have debated my viewpoint to the best of my ability and am quite content for those who hold an Orthodox viewpoint to do likewise. That both sides hold strong views is to be expected. I have taken no offence when my views are 'attacked' - it is the nature of a debate. I have not even taken offence when not 'my views' but 'myself' has been attacked. Some examples of which are:
If you are attempting to make a point, you should prove it. This is taught in basic high school composition classes. -Maria
Then go back to grade school and learn how to read. Or possibly go see an optometrist and get some glasses. -Dcommini
Am I typing too fast for you, or are you just naive? – JamesR
Well, you're a lightheaded fool. That's not an accusation; just an observation on my part – JamesR
Oh yes, pardon me...I forgot we are speaking with "Saint" Rachel, without sin.
Darling, we constantly sin through out our life.-Dpaula
you dirty Zionist. –JamesR
you crafty snake you – JamesR
Am I typing too fast for you, honey? –JamesR
Your reading comprehension is utterly lacking or non-existent –Dcommini

I would understand your discontent if I had sought to put my views in non-debating areas of your website. But come on, it is in Orthodox-Protestant discussion.

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solo Christo, Soli Deo Gloria,   Sola Scriptura
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »

I lol'ed at some of James' quotes. Still, it's not allowed to debate modatorial actions in public. You can pm PtM, though.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »

JamesR is so awesome.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »

JamesR is so awesome.

I can't deny it.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:51:27 PM »

a/s/l rachel?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

rachel, debate is a two-way street.  If you only debate your way and your points, no one's going to listen to them or respond effectively.  If you don't respond to and answer questions posed by others, you will be ignored.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »

Since this thread started as a public disagreement with moderatorial action, it is now locked to discourage further discussion.

* Respect the mod/admin staff -- The moderators and administrative staff of oc.net keep this place running tidy.  While you don't have to agree with a particular decision they make, we ask that you at least respect it publicly.  Do not complain about forum moderation, or the specific official actions taken by the moderators, global moderators, or administrators, on the forum.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:59:34 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »

Rachel, speaking formally as this section's moderator, I must say that I am quite disturbed by your apparent refusal to answer questions directly and your aggressive attacks on our Orthodox faith, both of which appear to have derailed this thread from its original purpose. I'm also going to have to take some time to read this thread more deeply, since I've been gone for so long, and this thread started AND blew up into a 20-page tome all during my month-long absence. Therefore, this thread is locked until I can complete my review and determine what actions are appropriate. Until then, I urge you to tone down your aggression and start engaging us in actual dialogue, which means giving a direct answer to every question posed of you.
PeterTheAleut
The section you refer to is in an area of your website for Orthodox-Protestant discussion. I would take it as read that anyone holding a protestant viewpoint would differ from an Orthodox viewpoint. It would appear that you are not happy to debate differences which is sad. If you are convinced you have the truth why should conflicting views bother you? We are told by scripture to 'have an answer.' I have debated my viewpoint to the best of my ability and am quite content for those who hold an Orthodox viewpoint to do likewise. That both sides hold strong views is to be expected. I have taken no offence when my views are 'attacked' - it is the nature of a debate. I have not even taken offence when not 'my views' but 'myself' has been attacked. Some examples of which are:
If you are attempting to make a point, you should prove it. This is taught in basic high school composition classes. -Maria
Then go back to grade school and learn how to read. Or possibly go see an optometrist and get some glasses. -Dcommini
Am I typing too fast for you, or are you just naive? – JamesR
Well, you're a lightheaded fool. That's not an accusation; just an observation on my part – JamesR
Oh yes, pardon me...I forgot we are speaking with "Saint" Rachel, without sin.
Darling, we constantly sin through out our life.-Dpaula
you dirty Zionist. –JamesR
you crafty snake you – JamesR
Am I typing too fast for you, honey? –JamesR
Your reading comprehension is utterly lacking or non-existent –Dcommini

I would understand your discontent if I had sought to put my views in non-debating areas of your website. But come on, it is in Orthodox-Protestant discussion.

rachel,

1. We do not permit public disagreement with or questioning of moderatorial actions taken on this forum. If you wish to dispute action I or any other moderator has taken, we require that you do so only via private message. Consider this your first warning.

2. I locked the Rapture thread because it turned into a big mess, and that not just because of what you posted. With my schedule being what it is, I'm not able to clean up the mess all in one day. I need to work through it over the course of several days, so I didn't want any more posts submitted to it until I can clean it up. If this is a problem for you, then please contact me via private message.

3. Your debate style is the one thing that jumped out at me most during my reading of the first three pages of the Rapture thread, but such a thread doesn't explode as it did with you being the only instigator. As I get better acquainted with the thread, I will take action against other posters as I deem appropriate. If others have insulted you or attacked you personally in any way, then I implore you to use the Report to Moderator function to report those posts to me. Your post to start this thread should not have been the first time I heard of any possible violations of forum rules committed against you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:21:08 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: