OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 01:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Britain's online imam declares war as he calls young to jihad  (Read 1242 times) Average Rating: 0
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« on: January 17, 2005, 10:05:09 AM »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1443903,00.html

Omar Bakri Mohammed, banned from many British mosques, is issuing a call to arms to a committed audience

AN EXTREMIST London cleric is using live broadcasts on the internet to urge young British Muslims to join al-Qaeda and has condoned suicide terrorist attacks. Omar Bakri Mohammed, who has lived in the UK for 18 years on social security benefits, pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden and told his followers that they were in a state of war with Britain.

The Times monitored Mr Bakri Mohammed’s nightly webcasts in which he declared that the “covenant of security” under which Muslims live peacefully in the UK had been “violated” by the Government’s tough anti-terrorist legislation, The Syrian-born radical said: “I believe the whole of Britain has become Dar ul-Harb (land of war). In such a state, he added, “the kuffar (non-believer) has no sanctity for their own life or property.”

In his broadcasts, conducted through an internet chatroom, Mr Bakri Mohammed stopped short of calling for terrorist attacks in Britain. But he said that Muslims should join the jihad “wherever you are” and told one woman that she was permitted to become a suicide bomber.

Mr Bakri Mohammed, 46, has indefinite leave to remain in the UK but could be detained without trial under the Anti-Terrorism Crime and Security Act if the Home Secretary were to decide he is a terrorist associate.

Last Monday he told his listeners: “Al-Qaeda and all its branches and organisations of the world, that is the victorious group and they have the emir and you are obliged to join. There is no need . . . to mess about.” Two nights later he said that the voices of dead Mujahidin were calling young Britons to fight. “These people are calling you and shouting to you from far distant places: al jihad, al jihad. They say to you my dear Muslim brothers, ‘Where is your weapon, where is your weapon?’ Come on to the jihad,” he said.

The cleric is regarded as a fringe extremist by mainstream Muslims and is banned from preaching at many mosques. But every night he is using internet forums to reach an audience of between 60 and 70 committed listeners, most of whom are under 30.

He lectures for 90 minutes and his audience responds enthusiastically, typing questions about jihad and suicide bombing which are answered verbally. An announcement last October that Mr Bakri Mohammed had disbanded his al-Muhajiroun movement was welcomed. But it appears that he has regrouped and is delivering a more hardline message through the internet and at secretive meetings.

Speaking directly to The Times, Mr Bakri Mohammed denied that he was calling for violent action in the UK. He said his definition of Britain as Dar ul-Harb was “theoretical”.

He added: “It means that Muslims can no longer be considered to have sanctity and security here, therefore they should consider leaving this country and going back to their homelands. Otherwise they are under siege and obviously we do not want to see that we are living under siege.”

The alternative to leaving was to put pressure on the Government to review its anti-terrorist laws, he said, and that the definition of jihad took many forms and not simply military activity. He also denied that he was inciting others to commit acts of violence.

Andrew Dismore, a Labour MP who has long campaigned against Mr Bakri Mohammad’s extremism, said: “With these words he may well be committing offences under the Terrorism Act and other legislation. I will be raising this immediately with the Home Secretary and the Metropolitan Police.”

WAR OF WORDS

“If I am living under a system, Islam allows me to take the benefit that system offers.”

August 1998 on accepting social security benefits

Read rest of story at link above.........

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 10:10:59 AM »

LoL Grin

At first this story angered me then I found it very humerous that this bum  has been living off SS benefits for 18 years in a gracious country like Britian and he is calling for a jihad against them haha. The West is so PC it will let these extremists spew their hate until there will be an explosion of killing down the road. THEN the backlash will come, and it WILL come eventually and cause unnecessary suffering and death to innocents on both sides.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:25:15 AM »

The nature of the current (but real) "war" on terror is framed in somewhat imprecise language, and I'm sure the British are even more vague than we Americans. Having said that, I think they should put him on trial for treason.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 11:21:24 AM »

The nature of the current (but real) "war" on terror is framed in somewhat imprecise language, and I'm sure the British are even more vague than we Americans. Having said that, I think they should put him on trial for treason.

Agreed...Plus I can't get over how this imam is muching of the system with the SS benefits. He's probably kicking back in some cozy apartment enjoying the finer things in life thanks to his gullible host country while he gets away with his treason. He should be thankful that he's not living in some mudhut or cave which he probably deserves. This idiot should get a clue and just live out the rest of his life off his "host" but seeing that the gullible pacifist in Britian will probably do nothing he will be able to continue to push the envelope and incite younger youth to take up his cause of violence. Roll Eyes

ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:45:01 PM »

He is clearly inciting hatred, which in America seems to be a crime, I guess...

They should  strip nude this radical mohammaden imam, hang him by his feet, and spray him with water cannons in the middle of Winter.

If we live as people of God, there will be room for all nations in the Balkans and in the world. If we liken ourselves to Cain who killed his brother Abel, then the entire earth will be too small even for two people. The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to be
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »

My jihad is....

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »

In his broadcasts, conducted through an internet chatroom, Mr Bakri Mohammed stopped short of calling for terrorist attacks in Britain. But he said that Muslims should join the jihad “wherever you are” and told one woman that she was permitted to become a suicide bomber.

[. . .]

Last Monday he told his listeners: “Al-Qaeda and all its branches and organisations of the world, that is the victorious group and they have the emir and you are obliged to join. There is no need . . . to mess about.”

There is so much lol in that story. Someone has nothing to write about evidently.

I bet I get more listeners to my "broadcasts" and I know I say worse.

Now I gotta work that SSI angle . . .

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:52 PM »

You got me with the ressurection.

An even more ridiculous website.

Thanks!

Achronos, make up some jihad thing for me. Thanks.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »

Isa,

Coming soon to a bus near you:

For $500, you can make it happen.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »

LOL!

This is though is about what askesis is like for most Ameridox, I guess.

Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco Outside of San Francisco

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 05:02:47 PM »

My podvig is to attain the correct phronema in all aspects of my life.

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »

Eh, not too surprising. Kinda like when rednecks in America call for this imaginary glorious revolution to overthrow the government and return back to 1950s times.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »

LOL!

This is though is about what askesis is like for most Ameridox, I guess.
It's official, everything conceivable has now been marketed in the "What's your ____? Visit www.my____.com to find out!" format.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »

So the mujahideen are really just folks struggling with weight watchers?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:46:45 PM by Jason.Wike » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: