OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 04:28:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypothetical Scenerio  (Read 339 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: April 30, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

If all of the gods from every single religion and mythology became real and went to war against each other, who would win? For the sake of simplicity, we'll unite them by religion, tribe and mythology. For example, we'll have Yahweh, Jesus and Allah representing the Abrahamic religions or the Titans and Olympians representing the Greeks for example.

So, who would win in this Divine brawl of the gods?

I'm going to have to put my money on the gods of Norse mythology like Thor and Oden, since warfare is running through their godly personified veins. Second place would be the gods of Hinduism, on sheer numbers alone, since they rank in like the thousands.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »

Try Gaiman's "American Gods".

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 05:03:26 PM »

uhm

Sad

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 05:37:23 PM »

I'm going to have to put my money on the gods of Norse mythology like Thor and Oden, since warfare is running through their godly personified veins.

There is actually a very good reason for why the norse gods would be the first ones to go. They can die.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
john_mo
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:17:29 AM »

If all of the gods from every single religion and mythology became real and went to war against each other, who would win? For the sake of simplicity, we'll unite them by religion, tribe and mythology. For example, we'll have Yahweh, Jesus and Allah representing the Abrahamic religions or the Titans and Olympians representing the Greeks for example.

I'm going to have to put my money on the gods of Norse mythology like Thor and Oden, since warfare is running through their godly personified veins. Second place would be the gods of Hinduism, on sheer numbers alone, since they rank in like the thousands.

Would this have of tag-team rule set?  Are folding chairs and tables allowed? 

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:29:02 AM »

Well, I suppose we first would look at which God has always been and which had parents.  Then we would look at which God defeated death.  I guess the next step would be which has the ability to create the entire universe while the others, neat as they may be, do not have this kind of power.  This would filter out all of the useless, weak sauce gods. 
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »

Well, I suppose we first would look at which God has always been and which had parents.  Then we would look at which God defeated death.  I guess the next step would be which has the ability to create the entire universe while the others, neat as they may be, do not have this kind of power.  This would filter out all of the useless, weak sauce gods. 

+1

I so want to post outrageous things on this thread, but I think it would be kinda wrong to do so during Holy Week.  Undecided

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »

Try Gaiman's "American Gods".

Seconded.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »

If we leave out the true God, and just stick with the fairy tale ones, I think Ganesha would clean house.  He's an Elephant who is not only
"the remover of obstacles" but is the son of Shiva "the destroyer" and rides on a giant rat.  A run of the mill rat can chew through furniture like nobody's business.  Now imagine a rat big enough to hold an elephant-god?  We are talking some serious incisors here.  And with Ganesha money would never be an issue - his sons are names Prosperity and Profit.

Now, as for the match I'd most like to see, it would be whoever it is the Mormons worship (Macaroni?) vs Mohammed.  Then we could watch Al Queda and Utah just zerg rush each other.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »

For example, we'll have Yahweh, Jesus and Allah representing the Abrahamic religions or the Titans and Olympians representing the Greeks for example.

Seriously?

You are putting God, the Creator of All, in the same class as some mythological deities?  Wow.  Just wow.

This doesn't even warrant an answer.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »

James--You have been posting some "interesting" stuff lately and I have been wondering why. Do you care to tell us what is bothering or driving you?

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »

James--You have been posting some "interesting" stuff lately and I have been wondering why. Do you care to tell us what is bothering or driving you?

My guess is youthfulness.  Wink

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 05:54:21 PM »

Chuck Norris
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Moderated
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:52 AM »

Well the Romans elevated the war god Mars before all others.

And we all know the Empire was unchallenged in battle for a long time.

Most of the ancient's gods were but a reflection of themselves.

Personally I believe the Greeks had the most fascinating mythology.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: