OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 12:28:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox books in Farsi?  (Read 344 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. Pat

« on: April 27, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »

Does anyone know of any Orthodox books available in Farsi and where they might be obtained?

Fr. Patrick
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »

Not trying to be funny here....what kind of Orthodox?  Because our Syrian brothers might have something since they're in that neck of the woods, but obviously that may not fit your bill.. .

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Fr. Pat

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »

I am really not interested in engaging in this type of discussion.  I am seeking information for a pastoral reason.

Thank you,

Fr. Patrick
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »

There's an audio New Testament in "Western Farsi" available for free download here. I imagine the text must be some Protestant translation though (in "Today's Persian"). I think the entire Bible is available in electronic format (just google "Farsi Bible").

I also have a recording of the Psalms in Farsi - if it's useful, I can transfer the files.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:18:22 PM by Romaios » Logged
Fr. Pat

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »

Thank you.  These files would be extremely useful, both the New Testament in Western Farsi and the Psalms.  If anyone has any basic catechetical materials in Farsi, these would be very useful as well.

Many thanks,

Fr. Patrick
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »

Thank you.  These files would be extremely useful, both the New Testament in Western Farsi and the Psalms.  If anyone has any basic catechetical materials in Farsi, these would be very useful as well.

Many thanks,

Fr. Patrick

Both the NT and the Psalter in Farsi are here: http://we.tl/8SLWnjlWqs The link expires in 2 weeks.

Glad to help!  Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: