OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 08:13:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: India, Ethopia, Gagarin  (Read 3985 times) Average Rating: 1
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

Faith: Old Rite Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Metr. Kornilii of Russia

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »

What do you think of satellites?
I have not thought about that at length.  Nor am I obliged to do so.
Not to pick at your beliefs, but you do realize that not everyone has that luxury (aviators, for instance), no?
No, you're wrong. 
An aviator piloting an airplane does have the luxury of ignoring people inquiring about his beliefs on esoteric subjects.

As to satellites, I have not researched every aspect of it, but I do not believe that they exist. 
Their functions can be accomplished by other means.

In opposition to my disbelief, one might mention the International Space Station (ISS) which can be tracked on the internet. 
Considering that the ISS came into existence at roughly the same time as the internet, I would say that the main reason the ISS was invented was to salvage popular belief in the system of lies about space travel invented during the cold war.
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »

Then the folks who have had space junk from decommissioned satellites and damaged spacecraft land on their properties are making it up? Sputnik? Spacelab? Telstar? Both greatly pre-date the Internet. And I suppose the fourteen astronauts who died in the two space shuttle disasters simply didn't exist?

O-o-okayyyy.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »

Spacelab?
This picture is the result of superimposing an image of Skylab over a computer generated image of the earth
- replete with the left wing a casualty of photoshop.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2013, 11:58:12 PM »

Michael Collins allegedly did a space walk during the Gemini 10 space flight of July 1966.  Photographs were released of the space walk which were later shown to be photoshopped photographs of Collins training in the fuselage of an airplane several months previously.

LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

Spacelab?
This picture is the result of superimposing an image of Skylab over a computer generated image of the earth
- replete with the left wing a casualty of photoshop.

Tell that to the people of the state of Western Australia who were rained on by debris from Skylab as it disintegrated over the southwest of that state in 1979. The local government at the time even half-jokingly billed NASA for a littering fine.

And what of the Challenger and Columbia astronauts? Were they fictitious people? I suppose Yuri Gagarin was a ghost as well ...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:00:48 AM by LBK » Logged
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »

Not to pick at your beliefs, but you do realize that not everyone has that luxury (aviators, for instance), no?
No, you're wrong. 
An aviator piloting an airplane does have the luxury of ignoring people inquiring about his beliefs on esoteric subjects.

As to satellites, I have not researched every aspect of it, but I do not believe that they exist. 

In opposition to my disbelief, one might mention the International Space Station (ISS) which can be tracked on the internet. 
Considering that the ISS came into existence at roughly the same time as the internet, I would say that the main reason the ISS was invented was to salvage popular belief in the system of lies about space travel invented during the cold war.

*facepalm* You can SEE the dang thing from the ground for Pete's sake.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:11 AM »

And what of the Challenger and Columbia astronauts?
The first two minutes of all of the shuttle flights were genuine, and the Challenger disaster appears to be genuine.  

The inflight broadcasts of the shuttle flights including videos of weightlessness are all pre-recorded rubbish.  
I have not investigated the Columbia crash. It seems genuine as far as I know.  
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2013, 12:19:43 AM »

I suppose Yuri Gagarin was a ghost as well ...

Soviet Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin Was Never in Space
Taken From:  http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/gagarin.htm

A Soviet propaganda hoax has been revealed in the former communist countries (for example Hungary, Estonia and Poland). It was a myth that everyone had really believed in, that the Soviet Air Force officer Yuri Gagarin had made a space-flight. Many Western governments were aware of this Soviet bluff but did not want to reveal the truth. It was not intended for the people to know that the Soviet Union was a backward state. too long quote editted - MK

The CIA knew about the Gagarin bluff but said nothing. Instead they have come up with more and more ridiculous lies themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npNk3EGKBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07bOh6FU5E8

Lloyd Malan wrote an expose in 1966 entitled 'Russia's space hoax: Documented proof that the Soviet space program has been faked'

As noted above, a recent book by a popular Hungarian poet exposes Yuri Gagarin's career as Soviet propaganda.
Albanian communist leader Enver Hoxha distrusted Soviet scientists which he wrote about in his critical biography of Khruschev.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:30:30 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »

Tell that to the people of the state of Western Australia who were rained on by debris from Skylab as it disintegrated over the southwest of that state in 1979.

It appears that most of them agree with me.  Several of them interviewed for this news article say that the peices were planted.
Even NASA refused to send investigators claiming that no one was injured and it was too early in the flight for those peices to be genuine.

'Skylab Debris Could Be Fake'
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1842&dat=19790715&id=9BQsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=CskEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4057,3168202
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2013, 12:42:23 AM »

My understanding is that astronauts in the 1960's and 1970's allegedly on Gemini and Apollo flights according to disinformation which was spread using the news media were not actually on those flights.  The Apollo astronauts, for example, were flown out in a C-130 to some place out of the sight of the media such as the middle of the Pacific Ocean and dropped to sea in their capsule.

The Gemini and Apollo flights were a publicity stunt that had nothing to do with the Space Shuttle which was a more fully developed version of the X-15 rocket plane. This and the Stealth bomber were developed in secret or relative obscurity while stupidity like Apollo and Skylab soaked up the publicity.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2013, 12:48:36 AM »

No, you're wrong.  
Not when I'm his passenger he doesn't.

I've gone the Great Circle several times, and so for me this is as about as esoteric as walking down the street.  An aviator who doesn't know how to plot the shortest route between two points on a globe can find himself short of fuel.

ISS's precursors Soyuz and Skylab predate the Internet (at least widespread use of it) by quite a bit.  And I remember going to to watch Apollo-Soyuz fly overhead.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:53:54 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »

An aviator who doesn't know how to plot the shortest route between two points on a globe can find himself short of fuel.
That's nice.  We used charts rather than globes when plotting our course in submarines.

I remember going to to watch Apollo-Soyuz fly overhead.
Sounds like they got good publicity out of that one.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2013, 01:19:12 AM »

Lloyd Mallan wrote an expose in 1966 entitled 'Russia's space hoax: Documented proof that the Soviet space program has been faked'

As noted above, a recent book by a popular Hungarian poet exposes Yuri Gagarin's career as Soviet propaganda.
Albanian communist leader Enver Hoxha distrusted Soviet scientists which he wrote about in his critical biography of Khruschev.

Llyoyd Mallan goes into detail showing that Soviet propaganda about robots they sent to the moon never actually went there.
Mallan shows how the video of Russian cosmonaught Alexey Leonov making the first space walk was fake.

"Four months of solid research interviewing experts in the fields of photo-optics, photo-chemistry and electro-optics, all of whom carefully studied the motion picture film and still photographs officially released by the Soviet Government ... (indicate them to be) double-printed .. The foreground (Leonov) was superimposed on the background (Earth below). The Russian film showed reflections from the glass plate under which a double plate is made ... Leonov was suspended from wire or cables ... In several episodes of the Russian film, light was reflected from a small portion of wire (or cable) attached to Leonov's space suit ... One camera angle was impossible of achievement. This showed Leonov crawling out of his hatch into space. It was a head on shot, so the camera would have had to have been located out in space beyond the space ship."
Mallan testified to the US Congress about the Russian space program.

Ralph Rene exposed Michael Collins 1966 space walk as fake using photographs published in Michael Collins' 1974 autobiography 'Carrying the Fire'.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:37:20 AM by Dionysii » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2013, 01:52:42 AM »

Where are you going with this?

Did you see NASA prove that men were on the moon to combat the allegations of conspiracy theorists?
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:28 AM »

Quote from: Solomon in Proverbs 18:2
A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may express itself.

That verse cuts both ways, you know.  Wink
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2013, 02:01:35 AM »

So the earth is flat?
I got this question during the course of the thread to which I responded affirmatively, and it was followed by a gauntlet of others about this same subject.
You're right.  Further discussion about the cosmos needs to go here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,50550.0.html
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04:47 AM »

So the earth is flat?
I got this question during the course of the thread to which I responded affirmatively, and it was followed by a gauntlet of others about this same subject.
You're right.  Further discussion about the cosmos needs to go here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,50550.0.html

Space conspiracies + Buddha = Mind blown   Shocked
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2013, 02:25:13 AM »

Space conspiracies + Buddha = Mind blown   Shocked

Your Mind is Bigger than all the Supermarkets in the World - Some guidance for a Lost Westerner  Tongue

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2013, 02:34:56 AM »

But if you climb on top of the Arctic mountain, it all becomes clear as daylight.

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time."
- Luke 4:5

He must have used a panoptical telescope. The fallen angels have yet to teach mortals how to build one.

I wish you would use the idiom of your fellow countryman who used to post here to refer to such creatures.

If it's Azul you mean, he might have referred to them as Anunnaki.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2013, 03:06:30 AM »

But if you climb on top of the Arctic mountain, it all becomes clear as daylight.

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time."
- Luke 4:5

He must have used a panoptical telescope. The fallen angels have yet to teach mortals how to build one.

I wish you would use the idiom of your fellow countryman who used to post here to refer to such creatures.

If it's Azul you mean, he might have referred to them as Anunnaki.

The Anunna-ki dwell in their E' in Apsu and Kigal, underground.

Pasadi, however, moves to and fro upon the earth:

They are sick, will lose power after last judgement and can be saved if they repent which is hard because of sickness. A woman has made a sick angel repent (Hurrrrayyyyy for woman and angel ) and this transformed itself in angel of light. After death they do not give judgement, God does judegment  so being close to sick angels usually assure a very hard treatment after death maybe in Tartarus with fire so this is what I don't want for worst enemy. So no Tartarus means no sorcery, yoga, Eastern religion, tarot, magic, rei ki, tai ki, and such and not going to ask sorceres and people like this. If you did any of these, go to confession so these sins are erased.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2013, 03:31:37 AM »

Pasadi, however, moves to and fro upon the earth:

Pasadi is also Romanian? I'm in such illustrious company on this board!
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2013, 04:37:32 AM »

No, you're wrong. 

*facepalm* You can SEE the dang thing from the ground for Pete's sake.
laugh
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2013, 04:44:50 AM »

List of Ancient Kings of Axum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kings_of_Axum

Although not exhaustive, this list does not seem to have any kings by the name of Adenner, Joasaph, or Berechias as mentioned in the story.

http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2010/11/note-concerning-saints-barlaam-and.html

The tale of Barlaam and Joasaph takes place in "the interior regions of the Ethiopians called India."

Three Christian kingdoms were located between Axum and Aegypt:
1) Nobatia in the north
2) Makuria in the middle
3) Alodia in the south

All of these are possible Aethiopian settings, but I suspect that Alodia is the most likely since it is geographically located directly inland of Axum which would correspond more than anything else to "inner Aethiopia".

Alodia was also the biggest of all of these African Christian kingdoms and resisted conversion to Islam the longest, until the fifteenth century.  
The Alodians afterwards continued to survive as the Kingdom of Dongola.
The kingdom of Alodia seems to have converted to the Christian faith during the reign of Emperor Justinian.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:46:06 AM by Dionysii » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »

An aviator who doesn't know how to plot the shortest route between two points on a globe can find himself short of fuel.
That's nice.  We used charts rather than globes when plotting our course in submarines.
Never been in a submarine.  Have you?

Airplanes use charts too.

notice the curvature?

And submarines I am sure use Great circle navigation if they are going any distance.  I know someone who spends most his life on a submarine. I might get a chance to see him next month.  I'll ask him.

I remember going to to watch Apollo-Soyuz fly overhead.
Sounds like they got good publicity out of that one.
Lots.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »

Why are we even wasting our time discussing such a ridiculous subject?

On a OC.net diet.

"Chi son?  Sono un poeta. Che cosa faccio? Scrivo. E come vivo?  Vivo."
-Giacomo Puccini
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »

Precisely because it is so ridiculous.  Cool  

(Are you implying that you have better things to do  Grin Grin?)

Besides, as a teacher of mine once said, "It is good to be dis-illusioned".  (I'm still workin' on some of mine  Wink.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:42:24 PM by J Michael » Logged

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »

You have no sense for the sublime.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »

I don't like that insolent tone ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqos3j07jzc
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2013, 07:08:09 PM »

Someone should contact the History Channel...there is enough good material here and on the Cosmos thread to develop a series to replace Ancient Aliens!
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »

Someone should contact the History Channel...

Considering the degree to which we are all of one mind on this subject  Tongue, I'll go ahead and drink to that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRt2_OLY3Ho
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »

gninrawllort

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »

gninrawllort

? Google didn't help.Thanks.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Warned
Archon

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »

Tell that to the people of the state of Western Australia who were rained on by debris from Skylab as it disintegrated over the southwest of that state in 1979.

It appears that most of them agree with me.  Several of them interviewed for this news article say that the peices were planted.
Even NASA refused to send investigators claiming that no one was injured and it was too early in the flight for those peices to be genuine.

'Skylab Debris Could Be Fake'
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1842&dat=19790715&id=9BQsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=CskEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4057,3168202

Of course if you paid any attention to what you were posting and read it in context, you would understand that this news article was about material found in Kentucky. At least try to put up a coherent bad argument.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »

gninrawllort

? Google didn't help.Thanks.

.sdrawkcab ti daeR
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:32:13 AM by sheenj » Logged
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »

.uoyknahT
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:23 PM »

I think most folks are missing the real point here . . .

Society of the Spectacle
1973 film directed by Guy DeBord based on his 1960's classic of the same name
http://vimeo.com/60945809

"All that once was directly lived has become mere representation." Debord argues that the history of social life can be understood as "the decline of being into having, and having into merely appearing." This condition, according to Debord, is the "historical moment at which the commodity completes its colonization of social life."

With the term spectacle, Debord defines the system that is a confluence of advanced capitalism, the mass media, and the types of governments who favor those phenomena: "the spectacle, taken in the limited sense of 'mass media' which are its most glaring superficial manifestation". In his [1988] follow-up book, 'Comments on the Society of the Spectacle', Debord referred to the spectacle as coming to existence in the late 1920s.

The spectacle is the inverted image of society in which relations between commodities have supplanted relations between people, in which "passive identification with the spectacle supplants genuine activity". "The spectacle is not a collection of images," Debord writes, "rather, it is a social relationship between people that is mediated by images."

In his analysis of the spectacular society, Debord notes that quality of life is impoverished, with such lack of authenticity, human perceptions are affected, and there's also a degradation of knowledge, with the hindering of critical thought. Debord analyzes the use of knowledge to assuage reality: the spectacle obfuscates the past, imploding it with the future into an undifferentiated mass, a type of never-ending present; in this way the spectacle prevents individuals from realizing that the society of spectacle is only a moment in history, one that can be overturned through revolution."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_the_Spectacle
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

'Hollywood and the War Machine'
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/empire/2010/12/2010121681345363793.html
'The Hollywood War Machine'
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hollywood-War-Machine-Militarism/dp/1594512981

Hollywood and the War Machine is interesting in the improvement of military popularity since the 1970's and particularly in the context of it as one aspect of Guy DeBord's perspective of modern society as having become enslaved to spectacle since the 1920's.

'Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies'
By Anwar Noam Chomsky
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/7061-1
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »

'Capricorn One'
http://stagevu.com/video/gpaveldmdxhn

The status quo are cowards too scared to examine the reality of what they are told is scientific fact. 
This kind of stuff defies such controlled thinking (besides being one of O.J. Simpson's better achievements).

My favorite line is Elliott Gould's words to the missing astronaut's wife when he says that he must be careful in what he says because his mouth has gotten him into trouble and that he has a vivid imagination.  His character's thinking is in line with what is now called critical thinking.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »

'The Conquest of Space in the Time of Power'
by Eduardo Rothe
http://www.bopsecrets.org/SI/12.space.htm

The faith which many people have in the media empowers credibility in fictitious propaganda.  People accept fables and old wives tales.  

The mythical AIDS virus which Jon Rappaport among others has demonstrated to have never existed is an example of such a lie.
Deliberate misdiagnosis (profit motivated and otherwise) is a leading cause of AIDS diagnosis.  Although genuinely sick people with GRID (Gay Related Immune Deficiency) and other diseases are deliberately misdiagnosed with "AIDS" in order to confer credibility to its name, the only harmful thing about 'AIDS' is the poison used to treat this non-existent disease which kills most patients who were never sick in the first place.  
Africans do not have AIDS at all.  They are falsely diagnosed with AIDS and henceforth administered poisons in the guise of AIDS treatment.  In this way, AIDS is a lie which is the backbone of African genocide by colonial powers such as France and the US via medical propaganda. AIDS is a false spectacle or lie used to kill people.  

AIDS, Inc.
By Jon Rapaport
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3329947/-AIDS-Inc-Scandal-of-the-Century-John-Rappaport
http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/hiv/mcrappoport.htm

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and even mental illness itself are other lies disguised as scientific fact by false propaganda.  
Ritalin is a stimulant like cocaine which is usually the cause of hyperactivity in children diagnosed with so-called ADHD.    

Talking Back to Ritalin
By Peter Breggin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0SHflAfJwo

The so-called 'Donation of Constantine' is the father of western propaganda.  It was known in the east to be a forgery all along, but this forged document was the backbone of papal power in medieval Frankish civilization - a lie for centuries deemed unapproachable and treasonable to question - much like Darwinism, Lyellian geology, heliocentrism, modern medicine, and space travel have become.  A truly objective and honest comparison of modern propaganda with the 'Donation of Constantine' illustrates how man has in fact regressed even further.  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:33:22 PM by Dionysii » Logged
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »

one might mention the International Space Station (ISS) which can be tracked on the internet.  

You can SEE the dang thing from the ground for Pete's sake.

I looked into satellites a bit and reflected upon this. Of course, I accept the reality of objects like airplanes which I see in the sky.
Karp Lykov believed that satellites exist because he saw such objects in the sky - although he disbelieved claims about moon travel.  
I concur with this.  
His daughter Agafia Lykov discussing the falsehood of modern science and the 532 astronomical cycle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7F-KBpNk8

James Oberg has written informative books refuting Soviet space propaganda, but he also believes the American space propaganda about the moon.  
I do not concur with everything that Oberg writes, but what he writes about satellites both refutes myth and explains how satellites remain airborne:
"The myth that satellites remain in orbit because they have "escaped Earth's gravity" is perpetuated further (and falsely) by almost universal use of the zingy but physically nonsensical phrase "zero gravity" (and its techweenie cousin, "microgravity") to describe the free-falling conditions aboard orbiting space vehicles. Of course, this isn't true; gravity still exists in space.
Satellites stay in space because of their tremendous horizontal speed, which allows them -- while being unavoidably pulled toward Earth by gravity -- to fall "over the horizon." The ground's curved withdrawal along the Earth's round surface offsets the satellites' fall toward the ground. Speed, not position or lack of gravity, keeps satellites up..."

- James Oberg
http://www.jamesoberg.com/myth.html
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:47:23 PM by Dionysii » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2013, 04:37:48 PM »

A++ -- five star thread -- would read again!

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2013, 04:41:43 PM »

I think most folks are missing the real point here . . .

Society of the Spectacle

"All that once was directly lived has become mere representation." Debord argues that the history of social life can be understood as "the decline of being into having, and having into merely appearing." This condition, according to Debord, is the "historical moment at which the commodity completes its colonization of social life."

With the term spectacle, Debord defines the system that is a confluence of advanced capitalism, the mass media, and the types of governments who favor those phenomena: "the spectacle, taken in the limited sense of 'mass media' which are its most glaring superficial manifestation". In his [1988] follow-up book, 'Comments on the Society of the Spectacle', Debord referred to the spectacle as coming to existence in the late 1920s.

The spectacle is the inverted image of society in which relations between commodities have supplanted relations between people, in which "passive identification with the spectacle supplants genuine activity". "The spectacle is not a collection of images," Debord writes, "rather, it is a social relationship between people that is mediated by images."

In his analysis of the spectacular society, Debord notes that quality of life is impoverished, with such lack of authenticity, human perceptions are affected, and there's also a degradation of knowledge, with the hindering of critical thought. Debord analyzes the use of knowledge to assuage reality: the spectacle obfuscates the past, imploding it with the future into an undifferentiated mass, a type of never-ending present; in this way the spectacle prevents individuals from realizing that the society of spectacle is only a moment in history, one that can be overturned through revolution."

Debord, a man whose teat I cut my teeth on.

Glad to see you are back Dionysii, I might try to catch up with your posts over the next week, if I can.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2013, 05:51:30 PM »

Any thoughts on the magic that is computers? Obvious 1s and 0s and electricity can't really be behind this. How do they do it?

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »

Glad to see you are back Dionysii, I might try to catch up with your posts over the next week, if I can.
I am overdue to say thanks for all the kind words.
Dionysii
Banned
High Elder

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2013, 01:21:20 PM »

Society of the Spectacle

His theme is followed by Chris Hedges in:
'Empire of Illusion:  The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnjc1gde8c   
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: