OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 02:29:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: His Broken Body, "Book Review"  (Read 1052 times) Average Rating: 0
NMHS
Site Supporter

Jurisdiction: UOC

« on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:01 PM »

As a Catholic inqiurer to Orthodoxy I am curious if anyone as read "His Broken Body" by Larent Cleenewerck?  The reviews on Amazon say that it is worth reading?  Has anyone read this book?
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »

Welcome to oc.net!  Please refrain from starting the same thread in more than one forum again, please refresh yourself with the oc.net rules which are located in the above toolbar. -username! section moderator
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:31:25 PM by username! » Logged

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »

BUMP!!!

I definitely want to read what people have to say about this book, but I also have a question that it seems Fr. Laurent Cleenewerck sadly does not have the time to answer for me, as I've emailed him twice with no reply in the last 3 months.  I just emailed him one more time, but I have no patience anymore.  So here's my question:

I'm interested in downloading this book from iBookStore, but the problem is the iBookStore sells two versions of this book, which I found here.  Price is not an issue, as both seem reasonably priced, but the 9.99 one is 2.62 MB and the 13.99 one is 2.08 MB.  The two are presented here from iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/his-broken-body/id470917007?mt=11

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/his-broken-body/id472333946?mt=11

So I'm wondering, is one more complete or have more writing than the other?  Or are they no different? Which one should I buy?

Thank you!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »

UPDATE:

So I finally got a response from Fr. Laurent after third email (third time's a charm  Grin ):

Dear Mina :

Both are in fact the same book so you can use either link, but the second one is a more recent posting so I would recommend that one…

In Christ,

Fr  Laurent

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: