Author Topic: Any CD recommendations for Pascha?  (Read 435 times)

Offline stewie

Any CD recommendations for Pascha?
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »
Wondering if anyone can recommend recordings with Paschal or resurrectional hymns?  English, Greek or Arabic are all good. 

(And if I can give back, may I recommend the recording "Good Friday - Eastern Sacred Songs" by Fairuz, which is one of my favourite albums of any genre of all time.  Absolutely stunning and otherworldly.  I will certainly be playing it repeatedly over the course of the next week.)

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Any CD recommendations for Pascha?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »
Easter Liturgy by the Moscow Liturgic Choir, led by Fr Amvrosy. It features selections from the four Resurrectional services, and is available on CD (Erato) and iTunes:

I have dozens of recordings of Orthodox music, in several languages, and this is easily in the top three. Simply outstanding. The only glitch is the last track, a free appropriation of various hymns set to a baroque-style arrangement, a concert piece, not a true liturgical hymn. But the rest of the recording is so good, I can forgive its inclusion.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:51:31 PM by LBK »
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Putnik Namernik

• Elder
Re: Any CD recommendations for Pascha?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
In the meantime, here is something for you online

Concert of Divna Ljubojevic during last year's Easter in Russia...There are songs by her in various different languages...I hope you enjoy it.