OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 06:54:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ordination in western rite?  (Read 924 times) Average Rating: 0
Vlad
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox, Greek Orthodox Church of America

« on: April 19, 2013, 04:36:21 PM »

For some time I have thought about Holy Orders. I am wondering how one were to go about seeking ordination in the Western Rite? Do they have their own seminaries? Or would one just go to a ROCOR or Antiochian seminary?
Thanks
God Bless
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »

For some time I have thought about Holy Orders. I am wondering how one were to go about seeking ordination in the Western Rite? Do they have their own seminaries? Or would one just go to a ROCOR or Antiochian seminary?
Thanks
God Bless
Hmmmm. Someone named Vlad in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese wanting Western rite ordination.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Vlad
Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »

Thanks
God Bless
Hmmmm. Someone named Vlad in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese wanting Western rite ordination.

Your point...The only Church in my little western town is Greek. My name is EDMUND my screen name is Vlad.Would you prefer I went traditional Roman Catholic Latin just to have the Western rites? No I am Orthodox but would prefer to worship according to the western rite and have thought of ordination many times.  Anyone else, without being a snarky jerk,  if possible...

Edited pejorative word out.
Please familiarize yourself with the banned term list. Consider this a warning.

-Arimethea
Liturgy Section Moderator
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:19:34 PM by arimethea » Logged
ROCORWRVUK

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR Western Rite Vicariate

Official account of the ROCOR Western Rite - UK

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:37:49 PM »

Contact the ROCOR/Antiochian Western Rite Vicariates' pastoral vicars and see what they have to say to you.

From personal experience, Father Anthony Bondi (ROCOR WRV) is very helpful and informative.

ROCORWRVUK

ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »

Thanks
God Bless

Your point...The only Church in my little western town is Greek. My name is EDMUND my screen name is Vlad.Would you prefer I went traditional Roman Catholic Latin just to have the Western rites? No I am Orthodox but would prefer to worship according to the western rite and have thought of ordination many times.  Anyone else, without being a snarky jerk,  if possible...
Just an observation. A lot of WRO that I have met are Americanized Eastern Orthodox, which is fine with me.

I believe you would have to seek a Western ordination with ROCOR, as the Antiochians do not have a seminary (Eastern or Western) and I believe the ordinations are all by Eastern  rite.

(btw, Roman Catholic Latin is a  verboten word here).

You might try contacting Fr. Fester at Holy Incarnation:
http://www.holyincarnation.org/

Removed "verboten" words. You are just as guilty by also posting the word. The proper way to handle this is to use the report to moderator function. You have been here long enough to know how things should be done.

-Arimethea
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:26:34 PM by arimethea » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
Vlad
Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »

Thanks
God Bless

Just an observation. A lot of WRO that I have met are Americanized Eastern Orthodox, which is fine with me.

I believe you would have to seek a Western ordination with ROCOR, as the Antiochians do not have a seminary (Eastern or Western) and I believe the ordinations are all by Eastern  rite.

(btw, Roman Catholic Latin is a  verboten word here).

Thank you.  Oops on the Roman Catholic Latin

Edited out banned term, if you are going to quote please change the word!

-Arimethea
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:28:47 PM by arimethea » Logged
Vlad
Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »

Contact the ROCOR/Antiochian Western Rite Vicariates' pastoral vicars and see what they have to say to you.

From personal experience, Father Anthony Bondi (ROCOR WRV) is very helpful and informative.

ROCORWRVUK

Thank you
Vlad
Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »

Thanks
God Bless

Ahh no I am "Orthodoxed" American. German/Irish and English.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:29:27 PM by arimethea » Logged
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 10:52:32 PM »

Thanks
God Bless

better yet.

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »

Thanks
God Bless

Is there a WRO church within reasonable driving distance?
Vlad
Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »

Thanks
God Bless

Is there a WRO church within reasonable driving distance?

I am in Montana the closest one is in Spokane Wa. About 5 hours away.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »

Consider yourself priviledged if you have one within your own country. Most of us do not that kind of luxury.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »

Thanks
God Bless

Your point...The only Church in my little western town is Greek. My name is EDMUND my screen name is Vlad.Would you prefer I went traditional Papist just to have the Western rites? No I am Orthodox but would prefer to worship according to the western rite and have thought of ordination many times.  Anyone else, without being a snarky jerk,  if possible...

(btw, "papist" is a  verboten word here).

Thank you.  Oops on the Papist
Yes?

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
braish

Faith: Continuing Anglican- Orthodox Seeker
Jurisdiction: Province of Christ the King

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »

Vlad, I'm curious if you found an answer to your question?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 06:43:40 AM »

AFAIK, the Antiochians ordain their WRO priests in the Byzantine rite but ROCOR allows the Western Rites for ordination (however Byzantine ordinations also happen).

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fr. Bob

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Traditional Anglican Communion (In proccess being received ROCOR Western Rite)

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »

FWIW for those that may be interested there is a ROCOR Western Rite parish in the process of forming in Northwest Arkansas in the community of Centerton AR
ROCORWRVUK

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR Western Rite Vicariate

Official account of the ROCOR Western Rite - UK

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »

FWIW for those that may be interested there is a ROCOR Western Rite parish in the process of forming in Northwest Arkansas in the community of Centerton AR

May God grant many years to your community! Pray for us in the UK!

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »

May God grant many years to your community! Pray for us in the UK!
May God increase the vine He plants!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: