OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 27, 2014, 07:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artist Storm Thorgerson, designer of cover for 'Dark Side of the Moon,' has died  (Read 4422 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« on: April 18, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22210378

Storm Thorgerson, whose artwork included the covers of albums for Pink Floyd and others, has died age 69. He had cancer.

His credits included 'Dark Side of the Moon,' with its legendary image of a prism. He also designed covers for groups including Led Zeppelin, Peter Gabriel and Muse.

Rest in peace.
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »

Memory eternal.

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »

The only cover I liked was his DSOTM.

I liked his minimalism and absence of band logos on the cover.

And I will never understand why the Cranberries commisioned him to do that one cover art, it doesn't fit at all.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »

He had many great ones, I liked them all, But the most infamous and greatest for real floyd fans had to be Animals.They flew a real pig balloon for the shot at Battersea power station in england.

God bless his soul.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Tags: Storm Thorgerson  music  Art 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: