Author Topic: Russia becomes definitive owner of cathedral building in Nice  (Read 926 times)

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Russia has obtained definitive ownership rights to a church building in Nice under a ruling of France’s highest court on Wednesday, said members of the Russian Orthodox community in the Western European country...
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Re: Russia becomes definitive owner of cathedral building in Nice
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »
Russia has obtained definitive ownership rights to a church building in Nice under a ruling of France’s highest court on Wednesday, said members of the Russian Orthodox community in the Western European country...
I thought this was legally settled a while ago.

Canonically,well, I'm not holding my breath.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline ilyazhito

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
What does this mean? Would it go under the ROCOR diocese of Geneva, or directly under the Diocese of Korsun for the Moscow Patriarchate? IMO it would be better for it to go to ROCOR, because that was the predecessor to the Russian Exarchate in Constantinople. Metropolitan Evlogy of Paris belonged to ROCOR before he formed the exarchate. Therefore the Nice Cathedral should be added to ROCOR.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »
What does this mean? Would it go under the ROCOR diocese of Geneva, or directly under the Diocese of Korsun for the Moscow Patriarchate? IMO it would be better for it to go to ROCOR, because that was the predecessor to the Russian Exarchate in Constantinople. Metropolitan Evlogy of Paris belonged to ROCOR before he formed the exarchate. Therefore the Nice Cathedral should be added to ROCOR.
Once the court decides it belongs to the PoM and not the EP, it is an issue of the PoM who will administer it.  As ROCOR wasn't in communion with the PoM in the days before the exarchate, I doubt ROCOR will get it on that basis.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline mildert

• Protodeacon Philip
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
The court action was taken on behalf of the Russian State versus the parish who had until recently administered the Cathedral.  The Russian state in turn have given the day to day administration over to the local diocese of the MP.

Once the court decides it belongs to the PoM and not the EP, it is an issue of the PoM who will administer it.  As ROCOR wasn't in communion with the PoM in the days before the exarchate, I doubt ROCOR will get it on that basis.
In XC,

Protodeacon Philip

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.