OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 09:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grace vs Works  (Read 1939 times) Average Rating: 0
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »

I know a few Romanians, and they are very nice people.

Same with me.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »

Remember when this thread was about an issue of faith?

I don't even know enough Romanians to decide, and we're not supposed to judge people anyway. I'm going to see if we're out of jellybeans.
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2013, 06:50:27 PM »

I apologize.
My only intention was to make some sense of his attitude, the demands, his tone, the need to prove he's always right and so on.....as I was once just like him.

Romanians are nice people, far away from me the desire to offend anybody. At least I hope people see me as nice.  Grin

This was completely off topic and I'm sorry for it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:50:41 PM by Dpaula » Logged

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 04:24:06 AM »

I haven't seen anyone saying "Please" and "Thank you" to me yet. This is not an ethnical thing. You respect me I respect you. You don't , I don't. And yes the expression of "neam prost" applies to Romaios and Dpaula.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 05:53:05 AM »

It is a simple explanation but try and read this. It might give at least a basic understanding of the Orthodox teachings, concerning God's Grace.

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Grace

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2013, 06:11:11 AM »

Some more light reading:

http://oca.org/questions/teaching/grace-and-salvation
http://ehyde.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/journey-with-orthodoxy-grace-and-works/

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »

Romanians are not bad people at all. Just rude Smiley (VP proved it to everybody)  but we have reasons to be, giving our history. Admiting this does not make us bad people. There's always room for improvement, in my opinion. We just have to WORK at it.

I don't agree at all. I've never known Romanians to speak the way Virtual Paradise does (and I see that he seems to have stopped claiming to be Orthodox now - one has to wonder if there was ever anything honest about his presence here at all). For the record not only am I married to a Romanian (a Moldovan like you, no less) but I speak Romanian pretty fluently. Never have I come across someone speaking to another adult in commands (and they're even more obvious in Romanian due to the grammar) nor omitting please and thank you. I know Romanians from all over, though the majority are Moldovan and I wholeheartedly agree with Romaios. This is not a Romanian thing -yes the love of argument probably is, but not the rudeness - it's entirely down to Virtual Paradise's attitude.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »

It is a simple explanation but try and read this. It might give at least a basic understanding of the Orthodox teachings, concerning God's Grace.

I am not interested in the Orthodox teaching but reality and the truth.

And of this type of answers I was speaking for. They are disrespectful and they don't adress any of the questions I asked. This is a forum of discussion not a site of advertasing to other links. I can give you books to read that are not accesible to you or hard to find and I can give you links that don't actually adress what you clearly expressed or request. Would you like this type of replies to your requests?

Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »

What kind of conversation can I have with someone who gives bear links , the opinions of others and shows that he has no understanding of them to include them in a post and discuss them? Who are the ones descouragin dialogue, now really?
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »

Romanians are not bad people at all. Just rude Smiley (VP proved it to everybody)  but we have reasons to be, giving our history. Admiting this does not make us bad people. There's always room for improvement, in my opinion. We just have to WORK at it.

I don't agree at all. I've never known Romanians to speak the way Virtual Paradise does (and I see that he seems to have stopped claiming to be Orthodox now - one has to wonder if there was ever anything honest about his presence here at all). For the record not only am I married to a Romanian (a Moldovan like you, no less) but I speak Romanian pretty fluently. Never have I come across someone speaking to another adult in commands (and they're even more obvious in Romanian due to the grammar) nor omitting please and thank you. I know Romanians from all over, though the majority are Moldovan and I wholeheartedly agree with Romaios. This is not a Romanian thing -yes the love of argument probably is, but not the rudeness - it's entirely down to Virtual Paradise's attitude.

James

You don't know anything about Orthodoxy, me , and romanians and are no one to judge me, Orthodoxy or romanians.
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »

And people who don't get out from the perimeter of their neighbourhood / village aviz Romaios or Dpaul don't know romanians either. 
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »

Brother,

I left Romania 10 years ago and don't plan to come back anytime soon. People like you are at fault.

I would appreciate if you could refrain from addressing me from now on. I have little to no interest to be associated with you in any way, shape or form. I'm asking you honestly to please move on and let me be.
I have one advise for you and do whatever you want with it: fix that attitude!

Peace!

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2013, 10:48:48 AM »

And of this type of answers I was speaking for. They are disrespectful and they don't adress any of the questions I asked. This is a forum of discussion not a site of advertasing to other links. I can give you books to read that are not accesible to you or hard to find and I can give you links that don't actually adress what you clearly expressed or request. Would you like this type of replies to your requests?

You are on an Orthodox forum, therefore, it is only natural that we view Orthodox teachings as real and true. You asked questions about grace and we answer, but you are never satisfied. And if there is anyone who is being rude at the moment, it is yourself.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »

Ladies and gentleman, there you have it. This indicates that he has already decided that Orthodox teachings are not the reality and the truth. "There are none so blind, as those who will not (ed. comment: or refuse to) see."

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »

This is a forum of discussion not a site of advertasing to other links.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,50904.msg910624.html#msg910624
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »

What kind of conversation can I have with someone who gives bear links , the opinions of others and shows that he has no understanding of them to include them in a post and discuss them? Who are the ones descouragin dialogue, now really?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:35:59 AM by Romaios » Logged
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »

You are on an Orthodox forum, therefore, it is only natural that we view Orthodox teachings as real and true. You asked questions about grace and we answer, but you are never satisfied. And if there is anyone who is being rude at the moment, it is yourself.

Look again. This is the Free-For-All Religious section.

Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »

And who is "we" ? You are less than a catechumen.
 Ban requested for multiple accounts - MK.
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »

James

You don't know anything about Orthodoxy, me , and romanians and are no one to judge me, Orthodoxy or romanians.

No, you're absolutely right. I know nothing at all about Romanians or Orthodoxy. Living and working in Romania, marrying a Romanian and being a member of the Romanian Orthodox Church for over a decade has left me with no idea whatsoever what I'm talking about.

I didn't judge either Romanians or Orthodoxy. I didn't even judge you, save to say that your posts are not representative of Romanians, Orthodox or otherwise. I sincerely hope you aren't like this in real life, as your posts are amongst the rudest I've seen. I wouldn't have even bothered chiming in with the others here except that you are giving your people a bad name and as that people includes my close friends, wife, godparents and even my children, I couldn't simply let it pass without comment.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 11:40:06 AM »

Look again. This is the Free-For-All Religious section.

That doesn't change the fact that this is an Orthodox forum. You should expect to revieve answers that reflect Orthodox teachings.

-St Silouan the athonite
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »

What makes you "more" than a catechumen, for that matter? Your Orthodox baptism certificate?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:49:28 AM by Romaios » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »

I really hope that was a rhetorical question. If not, then "we" are the people communicating with you.

At least I'm being clear about what I am.

-St Silouan the athonite
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

THread locked per SC review it. I hope he won't unlock it.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 04:12:52 PM »

Folks, this was one of Virtual Paradise's sand boxes. He is gone and I do not see a need to keep this thread alive. If anyone wishes to talk about this subject, please start another thread. Thanks, Carl Kraeff
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:13:29 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: