Author Topic: Adult dating personals ~ What are your experiences with dating websites?  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Shieldmaiden4Christ

Re: Adult dating personals ~ What are your experiences with dating websites?
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
I tried OK Cupid.

I got asked many inappropriate things (questions about nudes, questions about hooking up) by many different men with only a HEAD SHOT as my picture.

I subsequently deleted my account.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »
I made a post on the "orthonorm dating advice" thread about short messages, but most people probably (understandably) thought I was making it up. But on OK Cupid I really do get messages that are nothing more than "hey" or "hello sexy" or whatever. I know women complain about those kinds of messages a lot, and I don't doubt that they have to deal with that more than guys do, but guys deal with that as well sometimes. Having said that, I haven't had anyone ask me for nudes... yet (though I have the pics ready just in case...*)

*See, now I'm starting to joke, and people will start thinking that the whole post is supposed to be a joke... ah well...

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 12:27:59 AM »
If anyone needs a picture of me shirtless for their profile pictures, I'm game  ;)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2013, 12:31:10 AM »
Are you working with Chris Hansen these days? 

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:00 AM »
If I ever get married, I want a woman who doesn't want kids. I've already spent so much of my life taking care of younger siblings that I don't want to spend another 18 years of my adulthood taking care of kids.
I don't blame you.

Frankly I'm in the same boat not wanting kids either. I don't know if I can really put up with it. It's not good for my mental health to have kids at this time, maybe later.

I tell you what though, if I meet the girl of my dreams and she wants kids then I'll have kids.

If I ever get married, I want a woman who doesn't want kids. I've already spent so much of my life taking care of younger siblings that I don't want to spend another 18 years of my adulthood taking care of kids.

Given your posts (on Hitler, et al), that could be seen by some as a blessing
Can you link these posts on Hitler? I am 99% sure JamesR was misread on them.

Thanks.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:00 AM »

I tried eHarmony many, many years ago....and they gave me a $90 offer free, because out of the thousands of members they couldn't match me with anyone!  :D

That was my first and last online "dating" experience.

Out of curiosity, did you have height restrictions?
LOL. I know you are being serious, but I seriously laughed out loud because of what someone used to say about dating and height.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan